Poll shows 98 per cent believe Thailand better than other countries

rooster59

6 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

100% agree. My wife - a 41 year old school teacher - had never heard if 9/11 and the towers until she married me 5 years ago, one of the biggest events in modern history !

This is insane but quite common.

Ever tried to talk about geography with gilrs here? Last one told me Brazil is in Africa.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Anton9 said:

This is insane but quite common.

Ever tried to talk about geography with girls here? Last one told me Brazil is in Africa.

I showed Thailand on a world map to a girl and she said "It can't be there.... too small.....it must be THAT one,,,"  (pointing to Africa). 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Jimbo2014 said:

This is why Thailand gets nowhere.  There are many good things about Thailand but there are many bad things, such as the military dictatorship, the death tolls on the roads, the rubbish, the pollution, the cost of living in Bangkok etc...  Thais seem unable to be critical of their own society and this really holds them back from addressing the shortcomings.  Thailand's golden demographic age is passing fast.  In 10 years the population starts shrinking and there will be few young people left to address the poor infrastructure and debt problems this generation leaves.  Very sad.   

Another Thailand is going to hell in a handcart post. I've lived in Thailand on and off for over 30 years and watched it develop into a successful newly industrialised country with strong exports and a diverse economy. The western world, conversely, is in a downward spiral of its own making - it's falling apart socially and economically. 

Edited by dbrenn
  • Like 2

Did anyone recognize this pearl of the OP:

'When asked what good things Thailand has, ....78.5 per cent cited electric trains and advanced technologies...'

They love Thailand because of its electric trains! LMAO :cheesy:

I think the one who ordered to write down this fake 'poll' is part of the committee which gets the brown envelopes for signing the high-speed rail projects with China.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, rooster59 said:

60.3 per cent cited people who know that foreigners were trying to create conflict among Thai people.

So this Super Poll knew the right questions to ask, with this racist and biased approach in their multiple choice questionnaire.. No wonder farangs aren't the flavour of  choice at the moment.. With this BS.. 

When asked who must protect the country's institutions, 94.9 per cent of respondents said the people, 89.5 per cent said government officials and 86.9 per cent said the Army. Respondents were allowed multiple choices.

????

and 60.3 per cent cited people who know that foreigners were trying to create conflict among Thai people.

And that's a lot of paranoia BS. Back in Oz I was working 7 days a week. Work, home; work home. Didn't even know the names of my neighbours or what they did. Didn't care....too busy, too tired.

Here in Thailand and not much different. I'm just too busy with my own affairs etc to be concerned with Thais and their lives. If someone wanders onto the property looking for a handout during this Covid crisis...no problems' here you go take this and feed the family.

Neighbour wanders over, going through a tough time. "I'll clean your back paddock for you." "Yeah, no worries, thank you very much. I'll pay you such and such."

But that's my total involvement in Thai life. Car accident in front of my house...I couldn't give a rodent's rectum. Kid dead. None of my business.

Foreigners creating conflict.....rubbish!!!

44 minutes ago, 473geo said:

Well I look at the ranting and raving for the most part of this thread and my first thought is that Thailand has it right with the general mai pen rai attitude. I am not at all surprised Thai people think their country is the best,

A reasonable and well considered post as the Thai,whatever their political affiliations may be ,appear to take great pride in their country,its society,culture and religions-which is fine by me..

DSCN6337.JPG

Edited by Odysseus123
  • Like 1