Poll shows 98 per cent believe Thailand better than other countries

rooster59

Most Thais live under a coconut husk, but not to the extent as this 'poll' makes one believe. Most likely the repondents were all from an army battalion and the officer ordered to respond in this quite embarrasing way.

The result of this 'poll' is typical for totalitarian states.

In a certain Yul Brynner movie (banned in Thailand) the lady tutor is teaching Geography and gets criticised over the map. Siam was too small. Before I came to Thailand I didn't quite understand why that scene was in the film...certainly got enlightened when I came.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 473geo said:

Pay a policeman a fine rather than adding an extra day and the costs of going to court, pay a large fine and compensation to relatives, rather than have the public pay for your keep in prison, good or bad depends on your view

No problem with this,its the way things are done here, right or wrong its not our call,

I just can never understand why they fabricate stuff when glancing at any road for more than a minute could warrant numerous fines/opportunities of tea money.

3 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

A big part of the rest of the world seems to think the same. Maybe the Americans who think that are right this time.

Yet, so many love to come live and work there. And, I'm not talking poor refugees. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Suua said:

Me too....off to Portugal....better weather, better food.

Seems that you don't have a girlfriend, a family or other obligations in Thailand. For that I envy you. If I could, I also would cancel Thailand from my list of countries to even think about. There are so many other good places in the world indeed.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ezzra said:

That's because 98% of the polled people never left Thailand to other countries other than Laos, Malaysia and maybe Burma...

Some may have been overseas to Phuket and Samui! :thumbsup:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, 321 BOOM said:

Let them think whatever they want. I don't care. I only want to leave LOS as soon as regular flights are available and never come back.

I want to leave for a holiday break, but need to come back to family. So, you're lucky, you get to escape. I can feel cabin fever kicking in and the overdose of somchainess is now nearing lethal. Need some break into sanity and real world every 2-3 months, at minimum. 

Edited by DrTuner
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, ezzra said:

That's because 98% of the polled people never left Thailand to other countries other than Laos, Malaysia and maybe Burma...

Never been in Lao but in Myanmar and Malaysia. Better people in Myanmar than in LOS and Malaysia is much more advanced than Thailand.

KL was always a regular escape for me,  great to stroll trough a clean city compared to the dump Bangkok, cheaper for shopping though etc. etc.

• Like 1

Stupid poll. Ask anyone from most countries and they will say the same about their own country. Ask any US citizen about what they think is the best country in the world. Is this article just the get the moaning bar stoolers all wound up?

• Like 2

That's probably because 98% of the population has never left/can never afford to leave the kingdom for a few days/weeks in order to broaden their horizons. ????

No country is perfect, but here sure ain't No. 1. 

Such drivel.