Flight to Thailand on non repatriation flight

Hi,

Was there anyone able to get COE and successfully get into Thailand on non repatriation flight?

I am currently waiting for repatriation flight from my country.  But, I also can see daily flights from Europe to Bangkok which are not repatriation flight.

I was wondering who is flying on these flights?

Regards,

Niko

I can assure you nobody has been able to arrive in Thailand without being on a repatriation flight.

The flights you see may have cargo instead of passengers or passengers that are on a onward leg of the flight.

• Like 1

OP, don't be vague. State where you currently are also your country passport.

First step is to contact Thai embassy where you are. 

Also VERY restricted entry to Thailand. 

Are you married to Thai.

Are you permanent resident etc

Doubt it as you know the requirements already

Apart from repatriation flights, if you have a private jet, or can hire one, you can apply for permission to use it in place of a normal repatriation flight. This is often done with medical evacuation, but is theoretically possible for any private arrival with prior clearance. It is not easy to get permission. For sure, commercial flights that are not also repatriation flights cannot be used.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, bkkniko said:

Pilot? Hopefully more than one?

Maybe other crew, incl. FAs, to fly back (with passengers leaving Thailand).

Freight.

There are 15 - 30 international departures from Thailand daily. Those planes have to fly into Thailand, in case that wasn't obvious. Very few are repat flights. 

There is "leakage", just look at the Egyptians, or the Serb and Croat footballers (actually three, but only one tested positive for Covid) who arrived DMK via private jet.

Of the eleven categories there are few loosies, which can accomodate pretty much anyone that the PM so deigns.

11 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

passengers that are on a onward leg of the flight.

Pretty sure this practice has been banned after the kerfuffle with China a few weeks ago, but maybe only for flights through BKK going to China.

There are quite a few tag flights now, coming from Europe going though BKK to other spots, like KLM flying AMS-BKK-HKG/HKG-BKK-AMS.

Maybe they allow through pax?

Edited by mtls2005

42 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

Maybe they allow through pax?

Yes they do. Many of the flights out are originating from other airports with passengers on board and then the flight leaves after boarding more passengers here.

6 hours ago, PatrickC said:

The planes fly into Thailand cargo only. They don't sell seats for passengers.

Repatriation flights are the only way in. 

Richard Barlow mentioned a woman who got in on a plane transitting in Bangkok. So it is possible..

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, bkkniko said:

Hi,

Was there anyone able to get COE and successfully get into Thailand on non repatriation flight?

I am currently waiting for repatriation flight from my country.  But, I also can see daily flights from Europe to Bangkok which are not repatriation flight.

Regards,

Niko

Yes, myself (CoE and repatriation flight arrived 5 weeks ago), I know a handful of people who have also managed the same, plus a number of contributors to this forum.

The daily flights you see are those airlines continuing to operate ‘cargo in’ and ‘cargo passengers out’. 

While Thailand continues under Emergency Decree there is a ban on commercial passenger aircraft. 

Unless arriving on an approved private charter an Embassy allocated Repatriation flight is the only way in. 

41 minutes ago, robbioff said:

Richard Barlow mentioned a woman who got in on a plane transitting in Bangkok. So it is possible..

Do you have a link to that Richard Barrow tweet or blog post ??? (I can’t find anything). 

As far as I’m aware, only those with a Certificate of Entry are allowed to board a flight which lands in Thailand (unless a pilot or crew, or military or with special government permission)

There was a case in early July whereby passengers had flown to China on Thai Air Asia X and Thai Lion air from Malaysia and Indonesia and had transited in Thailand, 5-6 passengers on each flight were found to be Covid-19 positive.

Flights had made a stopover in Thailand (as a technicality) as direct flights from Malaysia and Indonesia were banned by the Chinese authorities.

I suspect it may be this news which you are referring to. 

All transit flights have since been banned. 

Edited by richard_smith237

1 hour ago, robbioff said:

I remember this post of Richard’s also.  It was a confirmed case of a plane that was just making a stop at bkk and then continuing on to another destination.  Normally no one would have been allowed off the plane, but someone on the flight had a COE and was allowed to enter Thailand on this type of non-repatriation flight.  

18 hours ago, PatrickC said:

Repatriation flights are the only way in. No ifs no buts.

I've had the same point confirmed by the Thai Embassy in Canberra. Right now, and at least 6 months into the future and maybe much more, entry on repatriation flight is the only way in.

Even if you can show all the documents needed to board a repat. flight / on arrival in Thailand (Covid 19 neg. report, Signed fit to fly report (good health document, Covid 19 Health Insurance policy with the well known items, confirmed/paid 14 day quarantine book at a hotel on the official list), you cannot enter.

As said above, all this confirmed recently by the Thai Emb., Canberra. 

23 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

I can assure you nobody has been able to arrive in Thailand without being on a repatriation flight.

The flights you see may have cargo instead of passengers or passengers that are on a onward leg of the flight.

This is not true. Ppl have been arriving on flights doing transit stops. If you have the right paperwork you can go. Richard Barrow mentioned such arrivals on his daily blog. But you got to find such a flight.

12 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Yes they do. Many of the flights out are originating from other airports with passengers on board and then the flight leaves after boarding more passengers here.

Indeed. Wife and I on AirFrance flight to Paris that left Sunday night. Very few boarded at BKK yet the aircraft was reasonably well filled but certainly not packed, except business class practically empty, because there were already passengers on board. The plane seemed to have come from China. There was a new flight crew boarded at BKK.

4 hours ago, Phillip9 said:

I remember this post of Richard’s also.  It was a confirmed case of a plane that was just making a stop at bkk and then continuing on to another destination.  Normally no one would have been allowed off the plane, but someone on the flight had a COE and was allowed to enter Thailand on this type of non-repatriation flight.

This is the post I remembered:

https://mobile.twitter.com/RichardBarrow/status/1283731621976223744

The linked Facebook groups may be useful to anyone trying to get into Thailand.  Many people have explained the details about how they got tickets on these commercial flights.

45EEDBEB-70D2-44A3-B42B-01778D8A2919.thumb.jpeg.725d6b64f7a6521ae6a45c90d5419269.jpeg

12BCAF97-0C74-48CC-A808-D9F7F0910930.jpeg.76291e2db891c5bbf0b8308ce4840f47.jpeg

If commercial flights are authorised then one will get the COE delivered by the Embassy: current case 

My friend has bought two tickets with Air France on the 9th of August before applying for a COE. The Thai Embassy accepted the details and informed her that she will receive the necessary documents 3 days prior to her flight.

10 days later, the flights were cancelled (refund expected) 

After informing the Thai Embassy, my friend was told that they would have to wait for a repatriation flight and were now on a waiting list. 

Just now, PatrickC said:

Yes. Not worth wasting effort trying to get on other flights. Just catch the repatriation flight.

Not really a waste of time but my point is that the Embassies ( at least the one I know ) will accept a request from a passenger having their ticket on a commercial flight 

36 minutes ago, PatrickC said:

Yes. Not worth wasting effort trying to get on other flights. Just catch the repatriation flight.

37 minutes ago, PatrickC said:

Note the date stamps - 16th July. This was before the current processes were fully in place. They are now fully in place and repatriation flights are the way in.

People in the linked Facebook groups from post #20 continue to document coming in that way as recently as a few days ago.  Anyone trying to get into Thailand should definitely explore this option and look at those fb groups.  Many people continue to arrive on these flights making technical stops.

Edited by Phillip9

9 hours ago, PatrickC said:

Which flights make these technical stops? Are we just speaking KLM?

Air France has tag flights through BKK, one goes on to HKG, returns the same way.

I've seen other AF tags, I think.

KLM has tags through BKK to both MNL and KUL (alternates)

AFAIK these flights are not being used for Thai repat flights, and no passengers can get off (phrasing) at BKK. 

Edited by mtls2005

11 hours ago, alyx said:

will accept a request from a passenger having their ticket on a commercial flight 

This could be for ultra-super VIPs/government/military/diplomat.

The Buriram footballers (Serbian, Croation) flew in on a private jet (DMK).

Three of the eleven categories, all are supposed to go into quarantine, some don't it's been said...

Persons with exemption or persons being considered, permitted or invited by the Prime Minister, or the head of responsible persons accountable for resolving state of emergency issues to enter the Kingdom, as necessary. Such consideration, permission or invitation may be subject to specified conditions and time limits.

Individuals in diplomatic missions, consular affairs, international organizations, government representatives, foreign government agencies working in Thailand, or individual in other international agencies as permitted by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, including their spouse, parents, or children.

Non-Thai nationals who are permitted to enter the Kingdom under a special arrangement with a foreign country.. 

1 minute ago, mtls2005 said:

This could be for ultra-super VIPs/government/military/diplomat.

The Buriram footballers (Serbian, Croation) flew in on a private jet (DMK).

Three of the eleven categories, all are supposed to go into quarantine, some don't it's been said...

Persons with exemption or persons being considered, permitted or invited by the Prime Minister, or the head of responsible persons accountable for resolving state of emergency issues to enter the Kingdom, as necessary. Such consideration, permission or invitation may be subject to specified conditions and time limits.

Individuals in diplomatic missions, consular affairs, international organizations, government representatives, foreign government agencies working in Thailand, or individual in other international agencies as permitted by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, including their spouse, parents, or children.

Non-Thai nationals who are permitted to enter the Kingdom under a special arrangement with a foreign country.. 

nope as far as the VIp status is concerned 

I was not talking about quarantine ....only being able to provide a confirmed flight rather than being out on a waiting list ( but as Wrote, flight was cancelled )

12 minutes ago, alyx said:

nope as far as the VIp status is concerned 

So one person? One embassy? You know this?

Read your details. Sounds like somebody screwed up, hardly surprising.

Probably best that the flight was canceled? Avoided a SNAFU at CDG or BKK?

Edited by mtls2005

3 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

So one person? One embassy? You know this?

Details would help?

I do not believe that it is an isolate case but to reply, it is the Thai Embassy in France. 
That being said as commercial flights get cancelled a week or two prior to their departure ....

Direct flights it seems, there are still flights stopping over in Thailand ( correct me if I am wrong ) 

The majority of airlines are offering seats to Thailand knowing the current situation as no end date. Some people wishing to travel are believing the end is nigh for the tourist block to be lifted.

Airlines are desperate for income, so they’re not being fully honest to the public.

my advice is don’t book anything until your nearest Thai Embassy issue an approval COE or tourist visa.

don’t trust any airline just now.

On 8/25/2020 at 7:13 AM, mtls2005 said:

Pilot? Hopefully more than one?

Maybe other crew, incl. FAs, to fly back (with passengers leaving Thailand).

Freight.

There are 15 - 30 international departures from Thailand daily. Those planes have to fly into Thailand, in case that wasn't obvious. Very few are repat flights. 

There is "leakage", just look at the Egyptians, or the Serb and Croat footballers (actually three, but only one tested positive for Covid) who arrived DMK via private jet.

Of the eleven categories there are few loosies, which can accomodate pretty much anyone that the PM so deigns.

Several inbound flights are just because airlines wants to keep their slots at the airport.  

4 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

Several inbound flights are just because airlines wants to keep their slots at the airport.  

Am under the impression that AoT, as have most airport operating authorites worldwide, have waived landing slot usage requirements.

So this is a non-factor.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

Air France has tag flights through BKK, one goes on to HKG, returns the same way.

I've seen other AF tags, I think.

KLM has tags through BKK to both MNL and KUL (alternates)

AFAIK these flights are not being used for Thai repat flights, and no passengers can get off (phrasing) at BKK.

Also Emirates who have just restored their EK384/5 DXB-BKK-HKG-BKK-DXB, but I don't know whether passengers can or can't use it.