Hotel body demands govt reopen the country to foreigners

webfact

56 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

You do know that the numbers in cases and deaths in Thailand are ridiculously low compared to any country in Europe? We're taking about a country with ~69 million people. What's to be afraid about? There will of course be more cases if the borders opens up, but that's pretty normal. 

Let’s keep it that Way

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, androokery said:

The Safe and Sealed proposition, as described regarding Phuket, would allow you to spend the first 15 nights within a 1 km radius of your hotel. Locals and employees of the hotel would have to stay there too.

In addition the entire island would be sealed off.

While it would be theoretically almost possible to seal off a place like Patong beach with its three major connecting roads (no, it isn’t because you could always get in and out using the trails or trek through the jungle), I do see some problems in sealing off parts of a place like Udon Thani.

So if Udon Thani ever gets a Safe and Sealed program, the details and rules may differ from those of Phuket. 

Too many Lao and Chinese swimming Mekong River they just caught 22 Chinese ,  cant seal it and when water level slows you can walk it 

Edited by Ireland32
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Ireland32 said:

Too many Lao and Chinese swimming Mekong River they just caught 22 Chinese ,  cant seal it and when water level slows you can walk it 

Yeah I was thinking of running across to Suvanakhet to renew my visa at the Thai Consulate but apparently they're closed.

Edited by FarFlungFalang

1 hour ago, Ireland32 said:

Are the hotel owners Epidemiologist,Negative,Bali remaining closed  Why

1 hour ago, brucegoniners said:

Demands? They demand? LOL Uh nice try guys. Not until it's safe.

Bruce gets it , Greed over Safety 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Some offensive posts and replies have been removed:

7) You will respect fellow members and post in a civil manner. No personal attacks, hateful or insulting towards other members, (flaming) Stalking of members on either the forum or via PM will not be allowed.

8.) You will not post disruptive or inflammatory messages, vulgarities, obscenities or profanities.

9) You will not post inflammatory messages on the forum, or attempt to disrupt discussions to upset its participants, or trolling. Trolling can be defined as the act of purposefully antagonizing other people on the internet by posting controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.

11) You will not post slurs, degrading or overly negative comments directed towards Thailand, specific locations, Thai institutions such as the judicial or law enforcement system, Thai culture, Thai people or any other group on the basis of race, nationality, religion, gender or sexual orientation.

Growing up is not easy.  Thailand has never grown up politically.  And Thailand is neither growing up in terms of Covid-19.  It sticks frantically to being a "safe" closed country. For how much longer can it sustain that?  Are there really only 2 million unemployed in the tourist industry?  Or is it perhaps 4 or 5 million?

Eventually there will come the day of reckoning. With or without a vaccin that will be ok or not ok?  The 100 percent guarantees that Thailand seems to be waiting for do not exist.  Come on, grow up, there is a middle path between Thailand and Brazil.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, vangrop said:

If they want Reopen the country to foreigners: welcome and value them as any businessminded person should do with his customers.

We all know what this means:

-easen visa procedures  -eradicate scams  -safe roads  -correct pricing

-logic anti-corona regulations (ex if yr country issues a certificate, that will do it)  -a helping police force   -clean beaches  -ban pollution

-educated natives against racism (fe. a minister treating alliens as dirty people should be dismissed and sued)  -use a correct exchange rate policy

-this list is not exhaustive...

=========================================================

So this is not only about simply reopen. Its about a fundamental cahnge of mentality.  Hope brings life

Your points are very valid & too logical for the bureaucrazy ( ! ) ......

in Pattaya - soi 7 , 8, 13 , are ghost town after 8 pm -  no more Walking Street

it is now DRIVING STREET and motobike parking lot for employees of Gogo Bars

Be careful you're not run over by them .....

22 hours ago, vangrop said:

If they want Reopen the country to foreigners: welcome and value them as any businessminded person should do with his customers.

We all know what this means:

-easen visa procedures

-eradicate scams

-safe roads

-correct pricing

-logic anti-corona regulations (ex if yr country issues a certificate, that will do it)

-a helping police force

-clean beaches

-ban pollution

-educated natives against racism (fe. a minister treating alliens as dirty people should be dismissed and sued)

-use a correct exchange rate policy

-this list is not exhaustive...

So this is not only about simply reopen. Its about a fundamental cahnge of mentality.

Hope brings life

Now this , my friends,  is the definition of optimism !!    

to show my support I will suppress any urge to write a cynical response

Good luck,  young  man !

• Like 1

Thai hotel body should work on a plan to house quarantined people for a reasonable price with the government.  Look at the Philippines, not saying they have the best way to deal with Covid (far from it) but tourist (long time visa holder) get tested, sent to their hotel for 24-48h while they get their test result.  Tourist have to make sure they "can" stay at hotel for 2 weeks if someone in the plane test positive.

Thailand should try to cater to long-time visa (90 days+) travelers, they are the one who will not mind staying 14 days in quarantine if they need to...  If they want mass tourism of short stay, that will be spell doom on re-opening the country. 

• Like 2

On 8/25/2020 at 1:45 PM, ripstanley said:

Open up borders and open up Covid cases and deaths.   

There are many countries , far less reliant on tourism than Thailand , being far more pro active in response to this crisis.

Perhaps you imagine these countries have ill regard for their citizens , or do you think the Thai military leadership has suddenly developed overwhelming empathy in regard to the peasantry ?

Edited by joecoolfrog
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Gustomucho said:

Thai hotel body should work on a plan to house quarantined people for a reasonable price with the government.  Look at the Philippines, not saying they have the best way to deal with Covid (far from it) but tourist (long time visa holder) get tested, sent to their hotel for 24-48h while they get their test result.  Tourist have to make sure they "can" stay at hotel for 2 weeks if someone in the plane test positive.

Thailand should try to cater to long-time visa (90 days+) travelers, they are the one who will not mind staying 14 days in quarantine if they need to...  If they want mass tourism of short stay, that will be spell doom on re-opening the country. 

Thailand is in no position to dictate terms to the entire world. Selective ,targeted ,short term quarantine makes sense , as a blunt instrument it is simply economic suicide.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Kadilo said:

That’s not how I read it. 

The “resort” is describing the hotel complex where you have to stay inside for 2 weeks followed by another week where you can wander outside. They would have no control over anyone wandering around the beer bars etc in Udon. 

I hope you are right. 

I agree with you, I can't think of anywhere else except central downtown. I could do two weeks inside it, I would be going bananas after the first week but nice rooms and decent food.

Only for "returnees" and quarantiners - not for "tourism though ☺️

Edited by MRToMRT
  • Like 1

I know everybody is throwing rocks at the junta/government BUT Prayut said this today...

Thailand needs to attract foreign tourists back and have a welcoming system of disease control in place, so local people can start earning money again, Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha said on Wednesday.

Thats quite positive for me.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MRToMRT said:

I know everybody is throwing rocks at the junta/government BUT Prayut said this today...

Thailand needs to attract foreign tourists back and have a welcoming system of disease control in place, so local people can start earning money again, Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha said on Wednesday.

Thats quite positive for me.

He's visualizing the BIG picture....