RTP announce new road traffic fines: Some are actually REDUCED

webfact

4 hours ago, Pilotman said:

yes, more Thais will be meeting him very soon.

Done just in time for the extended holiday weekend, excellent timing chaps. 

Significantly more farangs in faranglands have already met him than Thais in the last few months for not being able to control the pandemic. 

Yes, ive had a Thai speeding for doing 50 over the limit.

Still recovering from the $9 Aud it cost me but the laughs have continued for years.

Especially the look on their face when i said "you want me to pay now"?

Edited by Reigntax

Running a red light fine has been reduced by 50% .......... ?? Now only 500 baht! This stupidity will continue to ensure Thailand's roads are the most dangerous roads in the world. It'll never improve road safety with Thai logic as it stands. It will continue to be passed down from generation to generation ........ a sad fact. 

19 hours ago, ThreeEyedRaven said:

I have been trying to puzzle out Thai logic since I got here many years ago, but as this truly amazing chunk of what seems sheer stupidity proves, I am no closer now than I was on day one.

There has never been any Thai logic.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, flinc2020 said:

Nothing to pay if the police wont enforce the rules. They'll make a show of it in the big cities for a couple of days then back to collecting tea money. The helmet one though, so if the driver isn't wearing one 400, pillion not wearing one 800. Does that mean the second pillion pays 1200 and the third 1600? Because I regularly see them 3 or 4 to a bike at around kicking out time at the local schools and knocking off time at the garages.

Using my understanding of Thai logic I thought all the passengers could share the 800 Baht fine between them?

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, keith101 said:

No such thing as Thai logic they just dont posses that kind of thinking 

General Cha cha doesn't have any kind of thinking, he just barks out orders, well he is

a soldier isn't he?

21 hours ago, worgeordie said:

This just goes to show that the powers that be are not at all serious

about reducing accidents ,injuries' and deaths on Thai roads, maybe they

are trying to cull the population, as this does nothing to improve

the driving habits of those on the roads, the fines should have been raised

as hurting them in their pockets is a deterrent

regards Worgeordie

Raising the fines would not help much anyway, most of the time they are not enforced.

• Like 2

I drive a motorbike and always wear a helmet, long pants, long sleeve shirt, gloves, glasses, and shoes. I will admit that back in the states, it would be in leathers and boots, but considering what I see on the roads today, I am a poster child for safety here in Thailand. I have been riding motorcycles since I was 14 years old. I started out riding in 1971 on a Honda 90 and by the time I was 24 I was Chapter Director for GWTA and Area Manager for GWRRA. Riding 1100cc and 1200cc Honda Goldwings all over the country. One year putting over 75,000 miles on my bike in just three years because for much of my life, I did not own a car. I took the motorcycle safety foundation course before it was mandatory. I am glad to hear they will now require a separate license for bikes over 400cc. I describe Thai driving as "polite organized chaos" by most drivers. I see a lot of issues with both motorbikes and with cars and trucks. I believe if it were not for politeness, the number of fatal accidents would increase. I don't own a car, if the weather is bad, or I will be going out drinking, I use Grab. I would love to reach out to so many Thai people who I see putting themselves at unnecessary risk. Besides not wearing protective gear, yes I know, it's hot, but road rash, and or death is no fun either. The #1 bad habit for drivers of motorbikes is driving the wrong way down the highway. The #2 bad habit is too many people on a bike. The other day I saw a couple with a three year old between them and mom was holding a 3 month old on her knee. I wanted to stop them and give her money for a grab, but I knew they would just do it again tomorrow because they have no other way to get around. There are a lot of issues, I could write here all day. I only wish I could help more.

Edited by Noah K
  • Like 2

WHAT a pathetic set of goons theae people are.....hundreds die every month.....and yet no enforcement of the laws regarding driving are enforced......

Now we have NEW fines......YEAH these are going to TO STOP DEATHS ARE THEY NOT ?????!!!!

Really pathetic......

driving with no licence should bring an automatic...crush of motor bike.....cars etc...should see the driver banned for years.....

1 hour ago, Noah K said:

I drive a motorbike and always wear a helmet, long pants, long sleeve shirt, gloves, glasses, and shoes. I will admit that back in the states, it would be in leathers and boots, but considering what I see on the roads today, I am a poster child for safety here in Thailand. I have been riding motorcycles since I was 14 years old. I started out riding in 1971 on a Honda 90 and by the time I was 24 I was Chapter Director for GWTA and Area Manager for GWRRA. Riding 1100cc and 1200cc Honda Goldwings all over the country. One year putting over 75,000 miles on my bike in just three years because for much of my life, I did not own a car. I took the motorcycle safety foundation course before it was mandatory. I am glad to hear they will now require a separate license for bikes over 400cc. I describe Thai driving as "polite organized chaos" by most drivers. I see a lot of issues with both motorbikes and with cars and trucks. I believe if it were not for politeness, the number of fatal accidents would increase. I don't own a car, if the weather is bad, or I will be going out drinking, I use Grab. I would love to reach out to so many Thai people who I see putting themselves at unnecessary risk. Besides not wearing protective gear, yes I know, it's hot, but road rash, and or death is no fun either. The #1 bad habit for drivers of motorbikes is driving the wrong way down the highway. The #2 bad habit is too many people on a bike. The other day I saw a couple with a three year old between them and mom was holding a 3 month old on her knee. I wanted to stop them and give her money for a grab, but I knew they would just do it again tomorrow because they have no other way to get around. There are a lot of issues, I could write here all day. I only wish I could help more.

The problem is, the populace, police AND authorities don't give a stuff about anything mentioned in your post.....????

1 minute ago, essox essox said:

NO MENTION OF D U I....IN REPORT.....so it must be ok to drink and drive !!!!!

Just no reduced fine or increased fine, so why list it.  There are hundreds of other fines as well that do not seem to have changed or were not a concern to someone's brown envelope and checkpoint mentality it seems.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ThailandRyan said:

Just no reduced fine or increased fine, so why list it.  There are hundreds of other fines as well that do not seem to have changed or were not a concern to someone's brown envelope and checkpoint mentality it seems.

true......nor motorbikes..(of which there are thousands) that have no mirrors.....or a legible rear number plate.....the list could go on and on......!!!

• Like 2