Advice needed

roger101

I need a smartphone but I have no idea. All I want basically is WiFi (so I can get HD Prime when traveling) a telephone that can text and a camera.

I very rarely use a camera so I'm not worried if there is only one or what size it is. My last camera (not a phone) had 2 MP and that was enough.

Obviously I dont want to spend much money either. Any advice (for a good camera or one to avoid) would be helpful.

Thanks

Decide on the parameters yourself.

Large screen or smaller screen for portability?

Quality of screen. Full HD or just HD(or similar)? If you like to take pics you might want Full HD or better.

Budget? Maximum and what you would prefer to spend.

Once you have decided on the parameters, someone might be able to help with specific models.

Thread running currently asks a similar question.

I suggest to use a site that allows you to compare; https://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=10192&idPhone2=9814&idPhone3=10171 are the models being considered on the other thread.

I suggest putting some more options in there. At least removing the OPPO A12 and replacing it with something closer to the spec of the Redmi Note 8/9.

Note 8 shoots 4k video, Note 9 does not. So don't assume latest is best. Take your time to look through what they offer and then use that information to remove and add possible options to the comparison list. 5000 baht looks to be the budget on the other thread.

2 hours ago, Eindhoven said:

Thread running currently asks a similar question.

I suggest to use a site that allows you to compare; https://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=10192&idPhone2=9814&idPhone3=10171 are the models being considered on the other thread.

I suggest putting some more options in there. At least removing the OPPO A12 and replacing it with something closer to the spec of the Redmi Note 8/9.

Note 8 shoots 4k video, Note 9 does not. So don't assume latest is best. Take your time to look through what they offer and then use that information to remove and add possible options to the comparison list. 5000 baht looks to be the budget on the other thread.

I recently purchased a Redmi Note 8. The main disappointment is the weak wi fi which is mentioned in a few threads in the MI community - seems to be because on only one antenna according to some. Otherwise a good phone for the price.

10 hours ago, topt said:

I recently purchased a Redmi Note 8. The main disappointment is the weak wi fi which is mentioned in a few threads in the MI community - seems to be because on only one antenna according to some. Otherwise a good phone for the price.

I actually just pulled those options from the other thread. Don't really know anything about the phones. So wasn't really recommending any of them.

But useful info about the phone and a good idea, once the OP has decided on a phone due to price and specification, to check on-line for caveats before purchase..

• Like 1