Opening up Thailand to tourists a "potential catastrophe", wait six months urges Chula doctor

webfact

1 hour ago, RichardColeman said:

OK, now post the number of people in that graph that did NOT have serious other illnesses. NY said 99.3% of all deaths had other issues - in uk the other day, they posted two deaths - 2 x 85 year olds with health issues - and the whole country is in fear ! Absolutely nuts

True stats, however don't forget the population of the world is ageing, many are living with conditions taking regular medication due to the developments in science. So the impact of older people getting sick would still be catastrophic. The only solution is protect the vulnerable and allow everyone else to get back to work..

2 hours ago, Sean60 said:

The government has had 6 months to buildup its capacity for treating Covid 19 patients. Imagine if we do not get a vaccine. Are you going to keep the country closed? 

Sweden and Germany and many other countries have open borders and things are normal. Covid-19 is rated as yet another flue.

Thailand can ask tourists for insurance and perhaps even one or two days quarantine. You can ask for the certificate of health which was done 72 hours before the flight.

You will not have a very large number of tourists, but the tourism industry can get back on its feet some what. However I am just a dirty, not showering farang after all. You are the smart ones.

There is much more accident death on the road in Thailand, they should then have a plan to close the road access to everybody the same... it is a priority in this kind of panic reflect.

30 minutes ago, david555 said:

I fear the docter could be right ....

as long as you are in a kind of panic situation, you have to stop speaking. You are unable to provide a decision is this state and should consult a psychologist.

35 minutes ago, GAZZPA said:

True stats, however don't forget the population of the world is ageing, many are living with conditions taking regular medication due to the developments in science. So the impact of older people getting sick would still be catastrophic. The only solution is protect the vulnerable and allow everyone else to get back to work..

sure, no one said a virus (what ever it is) is not a problem, and no one said that very old people who die is not a problem (as the life is a problem every day to be able to win money and find food, be able to paid for medic in problem situation, etc...).

But out of the fear, out of the panic statement, there is a reality to look at in front as a real life to be... the COVId-19 doesn't kill, now to much people (less than 0.05% of infected one) and is comparable as a winter flu, or a very hot season for old people.

The accident on the road is much more a problem, and a problem who can touch families who do everything to stay safe on the road (someone crazy can kill you at any turn).

Well... what do you want to do ? stay close inside your house for ever ?

really if it is your solution, i think you need to consult a psychologist.

43 minutes ago, GAZZPA said:

agree 100%, tourism was already on the slide in Thailand. Now Europeans will stay in Europe and even for the few who will travel long haul there are better options in SE Asia.

Sorry but i love Thailand and i can see the difference between some stupid decision from a government who doesn't represent the majority of the population in a non democratic country and i have Thai family. I really scare also for them in this situation of full panic government at this point. I'm not the one to choose my destination as a tourist does, because i am not a tourism and because i really love Thailand. I pain to see them like this, i don't want Thailand to become very poor again. They had to be very poor in 1997 already and it was a human tragedy. The people who can die from poverty would be large bigger than the one to die from COVID infection.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jerolamo said:

sure, no one said a virus (what ever it is) is not a problem, and no one said that very old people who die is not a problem (as the life is a problem every day to be able to win money and find food, be able to paid for medic in problem situation, etc...).

But out of the fear, out of the panic statement, there is a reality to look at in front as a real life to be... the COVId-19 doesn't kill, now to much people (less than 0.05% of infected one) and is comparable as a winter flu, or a very hot season for old people.

The accident on the road is much more a problem, and a problem who can touch families who do everything to stay safe on the road (someone crazy can kill you at any turn).

Well... what do you want to do ? stay close inside your house for ever ?

really if it is your solution, i think you need to consult a psychologist.

Rubbish, Covid kills far more people if it is not controlled, check the numbers for yourself. of course it can't continue forever but it is here, you can't ignore it and call it "panicking" when we have a global pandemic that absolutely kills more then the common flu virus.. the UK has approximately 30,000 flu deaths every year, COVID killed over 40,000 in just over 3 months. The stats are the same everywhere. Is it difficult to manage? Yes it is. Should you ignore it and assume it's all a big overreaction? Absolutely not. I have saved the psychologist appointment slot for you. 

Next time do some research before you make silly comments.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, whaleboneman said:

I'm not that good at graphs. What happened in May? Were a lot of people brought back from death?

I explain you our problem there (i'm french):

We have a government who deliberately choose to explain doctors what to do and what to not do. And they did forbid the use of hydro-chloroquin medic, who is named "Nivaquin" and well known from 30 years of use already (and didn't kill anyone) and to not test a lot.

They did it (the minister of health), we know exactly why now, because they are influenced be a big company named "Gilead" who paid a lot of money (we have the proof) to all the "expert" commissions in charge of the politics influence for decide what to do... this is well known to be a illegal corrupted interest conflict, who, by the french law, is forbidden (no one by the law can have a position of expert and have an interest conflict... but they did it, actually, right now they are speaking with deputy in live on the TV to investigate on that...).

The south of French country (Marsilia city the first) choose to not obey and provide chloroquin to people at start of infection and do test a lot. And not Paris, who had 5 times more death case than in the south for the same number of infected population (5 times more !!!).

Also, the government ask the hospital to not let old people up to 70 years old in reanimation go to die... and they ask also to use a medic to help them "to go"... who is also illegal in my country, because doctor can not kill people, even if it is difficult, the family can not also decide for the human in pain.

so... they did all of this illegal things.

So you can understand the situation and know why so many people die there.

Now, people are very hungry there and want the justice to be apply. They do not trust our government any more. and now, we test people a lot (so you find a bit more infected one), but also, we use chloroquin and do not care a fake businessmen government.

Also, the virus power is going down and is 10 times lower than before.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jerolamo said:

Is this kind of disaster will be so big than road accident death this year ?

doctor should look at the facts now...

1.3 million road deaths per year in the world.

Covid is on track for less than that this year in the world.

No country is banning road travel, or walking near roads on pavements !

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Fex Bluse said:

The Thais and many Thai loving expats will have us believe foreign tourism is less than 10% of Thai GDP. 

I wonder why the Thais aren't talking about anything other than foreign tourism. It is almost like the whole of Thai economy is tourism with a little bit of industry. Strange 

????From a safe source I was told more than 30% of Thai GDP already after the Tsunami which also was a economical disaster for most tourist related businesses for couple of years afterwards.????

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, GAZZPA said:

Rubbish, Covid kills far more people if it is not controlled, check the numbers for yourself. of course it can't continue forever but it is here, you can't ignore it and call it "panicking" when we have a global pandemic that absolutely kills more then the common flu virus.. the UK has approximately 30,000 flu deaths every year, COVID killed over 40,000 in just over 3 months. The stats are the same everywhere. Is it difficult to manage? Yes it is. Should you ignore it and assume it's all a big overreaction? Absolutely not. I have saved the psychologist appointment slot for you. 

Next time do some research before you make silly comments.

ok, why don't you compare the full number of death by other way than COVID-19 in the world, and not only this year, but every year ?

Just do it and start a wide intelligent own reflect to understand why some psychologist are talking about a panic situation.

Do you think i'm really a rubbish ? I'm not in charge to count the number of death and the origin, i'm not the one to publish the account. What is your way of communicating and thinking there ? How boy... please.

Sure, the real problem for this virus WAS to be very new AND to propagate himself very quickly, very easy. This was the big point and i never said it is not a problem.

I said that like in front of a war, leadership should act as a real leadership and care about what can become a country with an answer to the situation.

If the COVID would kill as much people as Ebola and grow quick as COVID in the same time, i would stay at home myself and pray... i was engage in para-trouper and i think i know what is a dramatic situation and when we have to be courageous to go ahead, i'm maybe more ready to live with a problem than you are because i'm psychologically prepared for that, sure, i can understand your fear panic.

There is, in a life, many situations we should fight against, that is what is it.

The real difficulty to provide a decision for an authority is, sure, the impact of the choose made. Not easy i recognize.

But my point there is experienced from very hard time situations (the bad one you can imagine in fact, far from COVID-19 strong flu) and we should be able to count death from all side, from the pandemic situation with a virus who can kill 3% of a population (the fragile one, not all of them) and the poverty who can kill much more, and not the older one, but the one who can be the future of a nation. It is in fact, a way to thinking the life and a motivation, not only for me, but for humans, to go ahead and win.

Well... now i'm 45 years old and already if i have to die to protect my child or any other children or my country from any difficult situation, i think that i have to be courageous, and jump, the future is not the older one there, but in front, there is the courageous one (all the time).

I'm talking about to be courageous and to measure the situation the best (not only one situation with binary calculus, but the consequences of our decision for the country, and also for the world).

I don't ask you to agree with me, i'm not God, i do not pretend to have the true in my pocket (do you pretend to be this one ?), but i express my experienced life to see the world evolution of humans with, sometime, a high level natural selection. Maybe that is why i'm thinking this way to survive a situation. I'm ready to read your comment and appreciate we are not thinking the same, it is not the problem for me. Is it a problem for you ?

I will also fight for you can express your idea in a freedom life, even if your idea is opposite to mine. Hope you can understand this principle of morality.

Because i respect you. I think you are not a rubbish... but maybe in panic mode.

And please stay respectful in the communication and calm down a bit... if you don't want people look at you like if you were in panic situation, try to stay quiet and respectful please. Do it for you at first place. Read back yourself before to publish, feel free to correct yourself also.

Edited by jerolamo

7 hours ago, lemonwaterjoe said:

What a <deleted>. Because France is a pure holiday destination? Dubai is one and they opened 7 weeks ago:

France isn't a pure holiday destination??!! what planet are you on?

Provence

St Tropez

Aix-en-Provence

Nice

French Riviera

Marseille

Cassis & Toulon  

Cannes

Nimes

Camargue

Cote d'Azur

maybe you had heard of a few of them?

if not i'm sure you have heard of this one:

PARIS.

12 hours ago, GeorgeCross said:

this is what happens when borders open to tourists:

source: https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/france/

3F12715A-6A65-4D97-A046-5EE91FEB029C.jpeg

This actually means nothing , large scale testing is essential and it of course uncovers infections.

What is pertinent is the number of cases that require critical care , the capability of a nation to provide that care and most importantly the death rate .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jerolamo said:

as long as you are in a kind of panic situation, you have to stop speaking. You are unable to provide a decision is this state and should consult a psychologist.

I See you advised a few of us  already to consult a psychologist ........did you had good result with it  ? ????

I hope yes... but keep consulting as a regression is looming seems ????

4 minutes ago, GeorgeCross said:

France isn't a pure holiday destination??!! what planet are you on?

Provence

St Tropez

Aix-en-Provence

Nice

French Riviera

Marseille

Cassis & Toulon  

Cannes

Nimes

Camargue

Cote d'Azur

maybe you had heard of a few of them?

if not i'm sure you have heard of this one:

PARIS.

You can also add:

Corsica island (the nicer destination i think)

La Rénuion island (very nice to and in Indian ocean)

Guadaloup island,

French Guyana,

Ardèche,

La Bretagne (very nice to),

Les Pyrénées (nice mountain)

Les Alpes (very nice mountain in the east side of French, border with nice foreign countries Italia who is going down to the sea on the south)

La Drôme (French department where you can see many nice places)

Strasbourg city (with his nice monument)

Montpelier (and his very nice historic city and perfect old style and remarkable architecture)

"Saintes Marie de la mer" and spectacular culture mix and nice population, nice sea access,

Antibes (near Nice city) who his a very beautifull city with a old center construct on old Vauban military protection architecture... not everybody in the world can expect to get some architecture like this one too)

And many more.

And yes, Paris our capital has 2185 monument and some nice Museum and a rich cultural history as it was a little country classified number 5 powerfull country in the world (when you have to compare to huge country like Russian or USA or china, to be number five in the world was something special... you will se French construction techniques and technology origin every where in the world, most probably for building, as we can be the number two after Italia (Roman culture in fact) for that)

So let's resume what you can get for tourism in a little country and what you can see there (for a country same little as Thailand is, with same number of population, please...) we have many Museum, monuments, architectures (not only modern ones, but many old ones), art, philosophy, Sciences (we are the one to build the best fly, the best helicopter also... do you know ?), diving industrial first deep dive techniques (close to 800 meter deep diver at test work by COMEX team), we send rockets in space, we get the nuclear technology (i'm not too much happy with that but... well, we do it and are the number one in the world for this technology), we also build ship aircraft parcel, sub marines ship, we have one of the best world military who also integrate immigrates to let them become French by there blood after 5 years to deserve French Legion army the strong way with lot of honors, many people (as Thaï HiSo population and Thai elite doctors) is coming at school there to learn for medicine (not only there, in Swiserland and USA too,  but many are coming there too). And we have the reputation that "nothing for us is impossible" as a Napoleon Emperor used to tell about French people.

Same as Thailand for Asia to be the best food, French is the best food for European continent to find. Our cook are the best reputation all over the world, same for our wine and our cheese (who are, sure, specific taste some French and German can appreciate only, maybe...), but also our bred and cakes.

We have most greet artisanal school for build cabinetmaking (Bool school who is the best world wide wood cabinetmaking "ebenisterie" school), but also "Les compagnons de France" who are the guardian of our old building structural and architectural techniques you will see with old churches (very old one, the strongest you will never see out of European area who cross the time from very long old times).

Well, you can see in French, "we have no money, but we have many ideas". We trusted (and i hope the next generation to be able to understand this crucial point) that the best is to be able to do things, a lot of things, and not to be rich. That is our cultural point too.

Some times ago, not so long, people in the world talk about French country to be the paradise for foreigner people to win a good life, and become French by this way to work hard and be respectful with our human advanced law.

It was not so long, as we offer them a way to express there good mind thinking respectfully with dignity. Nowadays there is many things changed a lot and we start to failed to provide this kind of high level human standard justice and life for any reasons (not for nothing, for sure).

What can't you find in French ? Bamboo house probably, we are not good with that, we don't have.

Well, sometime i dream my own country to be Buddhist and learn about respect from many nice Thai culture as it is in deep country (i see that as something very clean for humans). I dream we can learn from other, share our best as we can with humility, by our life and by our work, together. Why not ?

(please, don't be offended, i don't said French is nicer than other countries, the world is big and very nice everywhere, i just talk about our history to be exceptional for a so little country, and that we have tourism ability almost in hundred cities in this so little country, i love Thailand but i'm proud to be French also).

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

Government reputation on the line ?

That went pear shaped 6 years ago, and has gone steadily downhill !

From a doctors point of view I do understand it, but as a resort owner in Koh Samui I believe they should except some cases of Covid-19 to protect the tourism business (20%GDP). Many are going bankrupt and millions out of work!

43 minutes ago, david555 said:

I See you advised a few of us  already to consult a psychologist ........did you had good result with it  ? ????

I hope yes... but keep consulting as a regression is looming seems ????

why not, we can ask for a meeting together in the same place. It should be good for any one in this season. Let's be humble, i don't think i don't need one. Situation with panic and lock-down for that is something very new for me as i was most of the time in much more life difficulties with other virus around in Africa or with war places.

Yes... you said the true, it is very difficult to me to see people afraid like that for COVID-19. I'm not used to seeing so much panic for so little.

Let me tell you that i feel this new world as something very fragile and not so democratic too. Strange to me in a so advanced scientist world.

There are at least tens of thousands of family businesses up and down the country, for whom NOT opening the country is a catastrophe. But the elite don't give a rat's ass about these people. It's the nicest, smartest people in Thailand who are being destroyed by the ever-grasping, greedy scumbags. The kind of people who think a billion is not enough. They want ten billion. So they screw people over, lie, cheat and steal until they have it. Then guess what? They want a hundred billion. These people are not human. They are the dregs of the universe. 

Every single insect, animal, plant and human being on the planet would be better off if these cheating, lying, scamming, greedy people simply did not exist. Pure greed is disgusting. Why do you want more than you can consume in a hundred lifetimes? Do you enjoy looking down on people who have less? Is this Buddhism?

Edited by SteveK
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, SteveK said:

There are at least tens of thousands of family businesses up and down the country, for whom NOT opening the country is a catastrophe. But the elite don't give a rat's ass about these people. It's the nicest, smartest people in Thailand who are being destroyed by the ever-grasping, greedy scumbags. The kind of people who think a billion is not enough. They want ten billion. So they screw people over, lie, cheat and steal until they have it. Then guess what? They want a hundred billion. These people are not human. They are the dregs of the universe.   

it is a judgment flavor about there intentions.

We don't know what they are in the brain, how they live there life, what they experienced in there own life. At least, the good point of Buddhist should be to get 2 weeks at temple, life with nothing in poverty state but clean. It is the minimal experience that many other rich people in some other country never try. this is a good point we can see.

Don't be so sure about what they are thinking. As silly as it looks like.

It should also be possible for them to just not understand what's happening or to be very afraid (to much for a leadership people maybe). No one of them used to ask people what are they thinking, as you would probably be surprise to see no one answer this kind of question when a powerful one is asking.

It is very difficult to know what's happening. But sure, it smell bad and low hope for near future to have a honorable life if no job.

Maybe some corruption is happening underground around them and be powerful organisms (where money is, predator is turning around), that is something very usual all over the free market world to find some influential organizations to paid people for propagate commercial propaganda ideas with cash money or by manipulation from rhetoric "science" to be finally very persuasive together to get something back without care the other population. Difficult to have a power to decide and to not be surrounded by predator and corrupters... isn't it the most probably thing it should happening ?

I think it should be difficult in this big world to see a kind of big conspiracy from rich against poor people (t simple to be true). I feel it to be more something like a kind of too big wall separate them from our life experience. We have a comic (who die) used to say that "money don't make poor people happy"... some people NEED money, some other have too much money, they don't know the life of the other what is it, but... who decide ? that is what is it. No conspiracy possible there, rich is concurrent of any other rich people. "human is a wolf for human".

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, SteveK said:

Erm. Wut? No corruption in Thailand.

no, i express the fact that corruption is something present all over the world (maybe not to much in some other countries like Sweden, Norway or Uruguay) and should be able to be influential for powered people in charge. But i don't think that the corrupters are the one in the power to decide.

Let me try to make an analogy to explain the human idea of relationship...

in a kind of microcosm society, where the life is so different than in other society level standard, we can see that there is probably more interest to search for money and business with powerful society than with other standard one.

So, it is not a link to do that rich people are absolutely monster who don't care other. But most probably do not understand what poverty is and how strong it can be, how much people can also die the strongest and humiliating way from poverty. But who speak to them ? not poor people, as they don't look at them in there standard life who is not accessible by them... the one who are influential with them are the predators companies, the big rubbish, big mafias, "experts" who then, get money from gig company to speak about something and lie. they don't choose the more intelligent, you know that... they choose the one who serve without any morality (if not too much intelligent, it is better...).

So it should be difficult for powerful authority in high level society standard to understand something when they only have sound from mouth of expert's professionals liars.

Which one ever win the market.... not a conspiracy, but a fact from a fragile system to be easy corrupted.

ok, why don't you compare the full number of death by other way than COVID-19 in the world, and not only this year, but every year ?

Just do it and start a wide intelligent own reflect to understand why some psychologist are talking about a panic situation.

Do you think i'm really a rubbish ? I'm not in charge to count the number of death and the origin, i'm not the one to publish the account. What is your way of communicating and thinking there ? How boy... please.

Sure, the real problem for this virus WAS to be very new AND to propagate himself very quickly, very easy. This was the big point and i never said it is not a problem.

I said that like in front of a war, leadership should act as a real leadership and care about what can become a country with an answer to the situation.

If the COVID would kill as much people as Ebola and grow quick as COVID in the same time, i would stay at home myself and pray... i was engage in para-trouper and i think i know what is a dramatic situation and when we have to be courageous to go ahead, i'm maybe more ready to live with a problem than you are because i'm psychologically prepared for that, sure, i can understand your fear panic.

There is, in a life, many situations we should fight against, that is what is it.

The real difficulty to provide a decision for an authority is, sure, the impact of the choose made. Not easy i recognize.

But my point there is experienced from very hard time situations (the bad one you can imagine in fact, far from COVID-19 strong flu) and we should be able to count death from all side, from the pandemic situation with a virus who can kill 3% of a population (the fragile one, not all of them) and the poverty who can kill much more, and not the older one, but the one who can be the future of a nation. It is in fact, a way to thinking the life and a motivation, not only for me, but for humans, to go ahead and win.

Well... now i'm 45 years old and already if i have to die to protect my child or any other children or my country from any difficult situation, i think that i have to be courageous, and jump, the future is not the older one there, but in front, there is the courageous one (all the time).

I'm talking about to be courageous and to measure the situation the best (not only one situation with binary calculus, but the consequences of our decision for the country, and also for the world).

I don't ask you to agree with me, i'm not God, i do not pretend to have the true in my pocket (do you pretend to be this one ?), but i express my experienced life to see the world evolution of humans with, sometime, a high level natural selection. Maybe that is why i'm thinking this way to survive a situation. I'm ready to read your comment and appreciate we are not thinking the same, it is not the problem for me. Is it a problem for you ?

I will also fight for you can express your idea in a freedom life, even if your idea is opposite to mine. Hope you can understand this principle of morality.

Because i respect you. I think you are not a rubbish... but maybe in panic mode.

And please stay respectful in the communication and calm down a bit... if you don't want people look at you like if you were in panic situation, try to stay quiet and respectful please. Do it for you at first place. Read back yourself before to publish, feel free to correct yourself also.

A long post saying not very much. Perhaps next time you can refrain from telling me I need a psychologist. I am very calm and certainly not panicking. The governments of this world need to balance living with a horrible virus that kills the elderley and people with existing conditions and their economies,, simple as that. 

It is not a question of personal courage, courage means nothing for an old person who suffers and dies with this virus and anyone younger is unlikely to die, we are all very aware of this now.

We are all entitled to our opinions on this, never in our lifetime have we had to deal with anything like this and opinions will vary. I hope you and your family stay well. Lets both cancel the appointment at the psychologist shall we...

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, GAZZPA said:

A long post saying not very much. Perhaps next time you can refrain from telling me I need a psychologist. I am very calm and certainly not panicking. The governments of this world need to balance living with a horrible virus that kills the elderley and people with existing conditions and their economies,, simple as that. 

It is not a question of personal courage, courage means nothing for an old person who suffers and dies with this virus and anyone younger is unlikely to die, we are all very aware of this now.

We are all entitled to our opinions on this, never in our lifetime have we had to deal with anything like this and opinions will vary. I hope you and your family stay well. Lets both cancel the appointment at the psychologist shall we...

well, sure, if for you courage means nothing for you, my text should be very long and i understand you feel it to be empty. It is interesting to read your feeling too, anyway, you have a bigger part of true of what the population have to live actually without to be able to express themselves the efficient way. Propaganda is everywhere now.

I think i should maybe see a psychologist as everybody (i'm not negative with this idea, do not be offended please) in this kind of situation where courage doesn't mean nothing anymore for many. Maybe it is a kind of different education skills. How old are you ? Where are you from ? What is your main life interest ? (i try to understand how you can be so resilient, it can also be a quality in some specific time)

There is some value we maybe forget. i do not judge, i just read it, and i can regret this to exist independently of the history of mankind and of what he had to go through, with great courage.

I will not rewrite the human history, i can just remember it from our ancestor who were brave. i just try to not forget and hold what they teach me as a great value for the future of humanity.

i really feel this new age generation to be very fragile.

And i was writing about the impact ratio between a fall down economy consequence on humanity and the COVID-19 in term of death and tragedy. I really hope you get the real facts and that i'm wrong... the history will tell us and we will have humility to look at facts at the end if we are there (are you affected, you and your family, by the economic problems a lot or is it not your concern ?).

thank to calm down, i really appreciate.

You can also add:

Corsica island (the nicer destination i think)

La Rénuion island (very nice to and in Indian ocean)

Guadaloup island,

French Guyana,

Ardèche,

La Bretagne (very nice to),

Les Pyrénées (nice mountain)

Les Alpes (very nice mountain in the east side of French, border with nice foreign countries Italia who is going down to the sea on the south)

La Drôme (French department where you can see many nice places)

Strasbourg city (with his nice monument)

Montpelier (and his very nice historic city and perfect old style and remarkable architecture)

"Saintes Marie de la mer" and spectacular culture mix and nice population, nice sea access,

Antibes (near Nice city) who his a very beautifull city with a old center construct on old Vauban military protection architecture... not everybody in the world can expect to get some architecture like this one too)

And many more.

And yes, Paris our capital has 2185 monument and some nice Museum and a rich cultural history as it was a little country classified number 5 powerfull country in the world (when you have to compare to huge country like Russian or USA or china, to be number five in the world was something special... you will se French construction techniques and technology origin every where in the world, most probably for building, as we can be the number two after Italia (Roman culture in fact) for that)

So let's resume what you can get for tourism in a little country and what you can see there (for a country same little as Thailand is, with same number of population, please...) we have many Museum, monuments, architectures (not only modern ones, but many old ones), art, philosophy, Sciences (we are the one to build the best fly, the best helicopter also... do you know ?), diving industrial first deep dive techniques (close to 800 meter deep diver at test work by COMEX team), we send rockets in space, we get the nuclear technology (i'm not too much happy with that but... well, we do it and are the number one in the world for this technology), we also build ship aircraft parcel, sub marines ship, we have one of the best world military who also integrate immigrates to let them become French by there blood after 5 years to deserve French Legion army the strong way with lot of honors, many people (as Thaï HiSo population and Thai elite doctors) is coming at school there to learn for medicine (not only there, in Swiserland and USA too,  but many are coming there too). And we have the reputation that "nothing for us is impossible" as a Napoleon Emperor used to tell about French people.

Same as Thailand for Asia to be the best food, French is the best food for European continent to find. Our cook are the best reputation all over the world, same for our wine and our cheese (who are, sure, specific taste some French and German can appreciate only, maybe...), but also our bred and cakes.

We have most greet artisanal school for build cabinetmaking (Bool school who is the best world wide wood cabinetmaking "ebenisterie" school), but also "Les compagnons de France" who are the guardian of our old building structural and architectural techniques you will see with old churches (very old one, the strongest you will never see out of European area who cross the time from very long old times).

Well, you can see in French, "we have no money, but we have many ideas". We trusted (and i hope the next generation to be able to understand this crucial point) that the best is to be able to do things, a lot of things, and not to be rich. That is our cultural point too.

Some times ago, not so long, people in the world talk about French country to be the paradise for foreigner people to win a good life, and become French by this way to work hard and be respectful with our human advanced law.

It was not so long, as we offer them a way to express there good mind thinking respectfully with dignity. Nowadays there is many things changed a lot and we start to failed to provide this kind of high level human standard justice and life for any reasons (not for nothing, for sure).

What can't you find in French ? Bamboo house probably, we are not good with that, we don't have.

Well, sometime i dream my own country to be Buddhist and learn about respect from many nice Thai culture as it is in deep country (i see that as something very clean for humans). I dream we can learn from other, share our best as we can with humility, by our life and by our work, together. Why not ?

(please, don't be offended, i don't said French is nicer than other countries, the world is big and very nice everywhere, i just talk about our history to be exceptional for a so little country, and that we have tourism ability almost in hundred cities in this so little country, i love Thailand but i'm proud to be French also).

I am English and I can say without hesitation France is an amazing country to visit, there is nothing missing. France has beautiful scenery, amazing culture and history and I'm not even mentioning the food yet. France is arguably the worlds capital of fine cuisine, the finest food in the world, the birth of champagne and world leader in wine production. I am not alone, France is the biggest country in the world for tourists by a long way, twice Thailand. Paris is the top romantic destination in the world, a class way above any destination in Thailand.. So whoever said France is not a big tourist destination is full of the brown, smelly stuff. ????

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, GAZZPA said:

I am English and I can say without hesitation France is an amazing country to visit, there is nothing missing. France has beautiful scenery, amazing culture and history and I'm not even mentioning the food yet. France is arguably the worlds capital of fine cuisine, the finest food in the world, the birth of champagne and world leader in wine production. I am not alone, France is the biggest country in the world for tourists by a long way, twice Thailand. Paris is the top romantic destination in the world, a class way above any destination in Thailand.. So whoever said France is not a big tourist destination is full of the brown, smelly stuff. ????

Thank you friend.

I hope we will also be able to be as finest as English are. Because your country is also nice to visit for culture and anything as you were (and you still are) a big country who was largely important for development in the world, not only due to your colonies and scientist, but also for music, language, intellectuals, and diplomatic ability. I also like how England is able to work for very huge constructions with one of the best organization i ever see (for me, the land of professionals skills for team works, everybody has his own responsibilities and job to do, not like us french people who do many things, but not only one thing the best as you can do). I think England and north of Europe countries compare to other south and Latin other countries have something big to learn from each other and are very complementary for anything.

When something little and specific, French, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese can adapt themselves very quickly and find solutions with anything around, at any time, but for serious big job with large skills about organization and professionalism, England, Norway, Island will be the best culture (all of them from your culture i think). I'm very impressed by this on your country culture.

These country should be a big help for Thailand for technology and organization tasks as they have huge history time all over the world about anything.

For the pop music and art right now, i think also, you are the best in the world.

I always say my Thai wife that, in a real world for efficient and easier life, we should measure things in meter, follow Thai human reltionship nice thinking, eat all deep country and artisanal food (who is good everywhere in fact, also in Africa), but speak in English.