Man robs Phuket pharmacy at gunpoint near police station

rooster59

Man robs Phuket pharmacy at gunpoint near police station

By Eakkapop Thongtub

1598614298_1-org.jpg

The pharmacy, located just over 200 metres from Chalong Police Station. Photo: Eakkapop Thongtub

PHUKET: Police are searching for a man who made off with B4,500 after robbing a pharmacy at gunpoint just over 200 metres from Chalong Police Station last night (Aug 27).

Capt Somkiat Sarasit of the Chalong Police was called to the store, Nong Pharmacy, on Chao Fa East Rd, at 11:50pm.

Wasinee Wongsupha, the 32-year-old owner of the pharmacy, explained that her staffer Chuthathip Sawang, 30, was  standing in front of the store alone when a man approached her at about 10:45pm and asked if he could buy some cough medicine.

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/man-robs-phuket-pharmacy-at-gunpoint-near-police-station-77145.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2020-08-29

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, SteveK said:

That's about as funny as poking myself in the eye just when I'm about to fall asleep. Or getting a 200kg guy to kick me in the ballbags as hard as he can. 

I'm glad you liked it so much.  I stole it from elsewhere, It's just such an arresting topic!

Edited by fangless
  • Confused 1

16 minutes ago, phantomfiddler said:

Probably a policeman, since there are not many Farangs to shake down these days ????

I thought perhaps it was a ferang he tried to shake down, who told the policeman to 'koff, causing the need for the cough medicine.

Edited by bluesofa
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Wasinee Wongsupha, the 32-year-old owner of the pharmacy, explained that her staffer Chuthathip Sawang, 30, was  standing in front of the store alone when a man approached her at about 10:45pm and asked if he could buy some cough medicine.

Maybe being open at the later hours she should consider some better security measures, being close to the plod station obviously doesn't work.