Airport high-speed rail project hits budget snag

rooster59

1 minute ago, crobe said:

The date of October 2021 is the two-year deadline on the SRT side to have appropriated all the land necessary and removed all obstacles

Well it didn't quite read like that to me...but makes more sense.

1 hour ago, rooster59 said:

The deadline for delivery of the entire high-speed rail project was October 2021, said SRT deputy governor Sujit Chaosirikul.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ThailandRyan said:

That smells to high heaven of corruption. Yet they can budget money for a sub and military hardware but nothing for infrastructure to assist on the tourism they are whining about. Boggles the mind really.

..and/or very poor planning.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, redwood1 said:

Who is going to build this if the workers are having a hard time sneaking into Thailand....

Don't worry about this they already have a contingency plan to ask for an extension of the contract because of the difficulty of hiring cheap foreign labour. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Phulublub said:

They should note and learn from the smooth process the UK has gone through to approve and build their high speed rail project.

PH

I think what the UK calls high speed and what Thailand calls high speed are about 100MPH or 160kmh apart. Should be called slow to medium speed trains.

26 minutes ago, Scot123 said:

I think what the UK calls high speed and what Thailand calls high speed are about 100MPH or 160kmh apart. Should be called slow to medium speed trains.

Link to speeds please.  Or is this just more gratuitous Thai bashing?

PH

11 minutes ago, Phulublub said:

Link to speeds please.  Or is this just more gratuitous Thai bashing?

PH

GTB.

HS1 reaches 300kmh at some points, but is more like 250kmh most of the time.  It goes noticeably faster in France.  The Thai one is slated to run at 250kmh.  So at best there is a 50kmh difference, but in reality hardly any difference.  Unless the Eurostar has suddenly increased to 410kmh (it hasn't) then it is a gratuitous Thai bash.

And let's not forget the only high speed rail in the UK is HS1 from London to Kent, so a very short single stretch.  The rest of the UK runs at a maximum of 225kmh (the Pendolinos on the West Coast Mainline) and most of it much slower.

14 minutes ago, josephbloggs said:

GTB.

HS1 reaches 300kmh at some points, but is more like 250kmh most of the time.  It goes noticeably faster in France.  The Thai one is slated to run at 250kmh.  So at best there is a 50kmh difference, but in reality hardly any difference.  Unless the Eurostar has suddenly increased to 410kmh (it hasn't) then it is a gratuitous Thai bash.

And let's not forget the only high speed rail in the UK is HS1 from London to Kent, so a very short single stretch.  The rest of the UK runs at a maximum of 225kmh (the Pendolinos on the West Coast Mainline) and most of it much slower.

Given it took plenty of trains falling off the tracks to make them replace the Bkk to Chiang Mai track I have little faith they'll maintain the hi speed train so it's safe to go over 100kph.

Given that most large projects in LOS are not about building the infrastructure ( anyone been long in LOS knows what I mean ), I doubt it will be made on time or to a high standard. The second rate Suvarnabhumi airport is a good example of reality in LOS.