90 day Immigration reporting must be done by the end of today (August 31)

2 hours ago, garet said:

I sent my 90 day reporting documents by post more than 3 weeks ago and still haven't gotten any notification back.  It's never taken this long before.  I assume that is my responsibility and I'll have to go in person and pay the 2000 k fine even though I sent it more than 2 weeks in advance of my reporting day.

If you have evidence of you mailing your report & them receiving it (EMS?) then you should be ok, but go sooner rather than later

4 hours ago, skorp13 said:

I just did a new retirement visa 3 weeks ago, am i supposed to do a 90 day check in after 3 weeks? If so thanks for the notice!

I'm assuming you already had a Visa & have extended it (Not got a new visa) if so your extension has nothing to do with your 90 day report, so the only thing that matters is did you enter Thailand (doubtful) or do a 90 day report less than 90 days ago... 

If the answer is no, then you're late on your report so go as soon as you can. 

Phuket office about 9:30 on August 31: almost no one around, no wait at the drive-in window, handed in just passport, returned with new slip dated November 28. No fine. No red ink stamp like some reports above from MTT office in BKK. Had done 90 day report in February at the time of annual retirement extension, but skipped the May 18 90 day report as immigration was saying at that time.  I hope online reporting will be allowed to work in November.

Edited by dave s

4 hours ago, skorp13 said:

I just did a new retirement visa 3 weeks ago, am i supposed to do a 90 day check in after 3 weeks? If so thanks for the notice!

I got fined 2000 baht (and a stamp in my passport) for missing a 90 day report just 2 weeks after I got a new extension and WP.  I thought the new extension and WP would reset the 90 day clock.  I was wrong. 

That was pre-Covid.

Edited by impulse
  • Like 1

I went to Chiang Watanna on Aug 19th to do my 90-Day Report -which was due on the 20th.

At Chiang Watanna (where I have been doing it for the last 12 years, they threw

a faded-out half page of jibberish at me and told me that the 90-Reporting Office

had been moved and the (unreadable) jibberish on the paper was a map to there.

(So small and washed-out it could barely be seen!) ... after much dickering

with the taxi driver, (in Thai,) I finally persuaded him to use his meter. 

Th new 90-Day Reporting Office was in a concrete Parking Garage

in back of Impact Arena, in Muang Thong Thani.  I stood in the heat

and waited my turn for about 20 minutes.  I was serviced by a heavy-set

lady that was unresponsive to my attempts of polite civility (-in Thai.)

On the street out in front of the garage were an abundance of Motorcycle taxis

and car taxis.  Since I had already paid the (metered) taxi fare to get there, I had

some idea of what the cost would be.  The motorcycle taxis wanted double that amount and

I couldn't find a car taxi until I persuaded the 5th taxi in line to use his meter.

All in all, it was a very uncomfortable, stressful, time-consuming, expensive afternoon - UNECESSARILY!  :(

I'm one of the people who jumped out of my chair and rushed off to Pattaya Immigration.

I had thought I only had to do it before September 26th and had read nothing to the contrary. It was not busy at all, very few people. I was in and out in less than 10 minutes from entering the building.  Hmmm...

Until coming back to this thread I had been quite pleased with my luck in having seen this "notice" and avoided the 2000 Baht fine. I had already begun planning how I was going to spend this "found" money.

Imagine my disappointment to realize that stress relief is going to have to come from General Revenue..

• Haha 1

Hi,

Apologies if this is a stupid question but would like more clarity on the below:

Status - arrived in Thailand in march on VOA (Tourist). Obtained extension with permission to stay till April 22 2020. Been on visa amnesty since then.

1. Is someone in my position (technically not a long term resident) required to do the 90 day reporting as well?

2. If I intend on overstaying post Sep 26th (no flights back home and embassy at this point non committal on issuing extension letter), wouldn't it be prudent to NOT do the 90 day reporting so as to not disclose my place of stay in the event that authorities do a nationwide crackdown september 27th onwards? My intention is to stay for another month (so def less than 90 days) so as to let things calm down on the covid front outside Thailand (too many quarantine procedures and I have an 18 month old baby with whom I'd like to avoid going through the frustration of air travel during this period)

3. In the event that I do leave prior to September 26th, same question applies - wouldn't the 90 day reporting be pointless? Or is it something that I would have to produce proof of at the airport? Worst case scenario - fine?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

12 hours ago, worgeordie said:

This is going to be a money maker for Immigration,I just kept on

doing mine as normal,online,mail and going in person,all working ,those that

forgot or did not bother will now have to pay the price.

regards worgeordie

Same Same, knew there would be a rush when the reporting amnesty was over, in Chonburi Immigration 7 minutes the other week. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, webcrawler00 said:

Doing it ONLINE - Website or App... what a joke! It had never worked for me trying 3 browsers and AIS and TRUE... Just does not work. Immigration offers just say "Solly try again"!

same same i have given up?

5 hours ago, stranded81 said:

2. If I intend on overstaying post Sep 26th (no flights back home and embassy at this point non committal on issuing extension letter), wouldn't it be prudent to NOT do the 90 day reporting so as to not disclose my place of stay in the event that authorities do a nationwide crackdown september 27th onwards? My intention is to stay for another month (so def less than 90 days) so as to let things calm down on the covid front outside Thailand (too many quarantine procedures and I have an 18 month old baby with whom I'd like to avoid going through the frustration of air travel during this period)

Has it been established that they'll start counting overstay on September 27, and not on the date stamped in your passport?

I've asked that question several times, and never seen anything definitive.  Common sense would say they start counting on Sept 27.  But is there anything in writing?  I'd hate to see anyone blacklisted because the rules were not what they expected them to be.

4 hours ago, impulse said:

Has it been established that they'll start counting overstay on September 27, and not on the date stamped in your passport?

Everything written states there is no overstay until after September 26th. Nothing but rumors about a overstay starting from the day stamped in your passport. Just ignore all that rubbish.

• Thanks 1

On 8/31/2020 at 12:41 PM, worgeordie said:

This is going to be a money maker for Immigration,I just kept on

doing mine as normal,online,mail and going in person,all working ,those that

forgot or did not bother will now have to pay the price.

regards worgeordie

Same here,and very quick,no queues,had enough problems in the past because of little things,like queries over(Correct) dates,bank statements etc,always by females determined to find a fault,the only way I would do it for the extended period part or online is if they said the 90 day immigration desk was shut. 

18 hours ago, stranded81 said:

Hi,

Apologies if this is a stupid question but would like more clarity on the below:

Status - arrived in Thailand in march on VOA (Tourist). Obtained extension with permission to stay till April 22 2020. Been on visa amnesty since then.

1. Is someone in my position (technically not a long term resident) required to do the 90 day reporting as well?

3. In the event that I do leave prior to September 26th, same question applies - wouldn't the 90 day reporting be pointless? Or is it something that I would have to produce proof of at the airport? Worst case scenario - fine?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Do a 90 day report anyway to be on the safe side.

After seeing this post, my friend went to CM Immigration at Promenada. I have a retirement visa, and the next 90-day report was due early next month if counting 180 days from the last one (due to auto extension). It took only a few minutes to do the report. They said that 26 September is the time limit to file 90-day reports (for the retirement category, at least).

• Thanks 2

On 8/31/2020 at 2:57 PM, webcrawler00 said:

Doing it ONLINE - Website or App... what a joke! It had never worked for me trying 3 browsers and AIS and TRUE... Just does not work. Immigration offers just say "Solly try again"!

I did it online from my Mac twice when I mastered the method (at last) in 2019.  I've been trying the same way for about 4 weeks with no joy, and my agent did it for me just before August 31. The price was little more than 2 taxis to MTT.

It seems to me NOW (as some of the gurus on here have suggested) that if you skipped it once in May or June, as we were "encouraged" to...you can't do the online methods UNTIL you or your agent have gone to MTT and done it in person just once.

My next one is in November, and I hope that I will be able to do it online again then.

Eddy

• Like 1

UbonJoe,

I did a fly out / fly in to/from Malaysia and arrived in Thailand DMK on 06 March 2020 on tourist visa with no red stamp - so was part of amnesty.

Have not done any 90 day reporting as per government recommendation.

Was under the impression I did not need to do any 90 days report and/or leave Thailand until 26 September 2020.

I did not know anything about the 31 August deadline and was not advised of such by my embassy.

My 5 year old daughter (dual citizen) goes to school here in Bangkok.

What should I do?

Regards

Telecom66

1 hour ago, Telecom66 said:

UbonJoe,

I did a fly out / fly in to/from Malaysia and arrived in Thailand DMK on 06 March 2020 on tourist visa with no red stamp - so was part of amnesty.

Have not done any 90 day reporting as per government recommendation.

Was under the impression I did not need to do any 90 days report and/or leave Thailand until 26 September 2020.

I did not know anything about the 31 August deadline and was not advised of such by my embassy.

My 5 year old daughter (dual citizen) goes to school here in Bangkok.

What should I do?

Regards

Telecom66

Anyone on a tourist visa, under amnesty, and leaving by sept 26 does not need to do 90 day reporting.  The 90 day report requirement is only for people on long term visas (non-o, non-b etc).

• Like 1

On 8/31/2020 at 3:52 PM, Amplish said:

Went down to immigration this morning for 90 day reporting, to beat expected rush during September and it was dead quiet (Chiang Mai, Promenade). In and out within 3 minutes. Fully aware that the end-of-August deadline isn't an actual deadline, just decided that today was as good a day to make sure I wouldn't again forget to do a 90 day report.

Immigration still has an office there? Thought they pulled-up shop and back to the original hive.

On 8/31/2020 at 9:36 PM, Mike Teavee said:

I'm assuming you already had a Visa & have extended it (Not got a new visa) if so your extension has nothing to do with your 90 day report, so the only thing that matters is did you enter Thailand (doubtful) or do a 90 day report less than 90 days ago... 

If the answer is no, then you're late on your report so go as soon as you can. 

No. New visa. I could not 90 day report on my old one as it was obtained at the consulate outside Thailand

For anyone on a long term visa, based around the Rayong area and needs to do their 90 day report, I have just done mine at the Map Ta Put office. In and out under 10 minutes, no questions asked and no mention of any fine for reporting after the 31st of August dead line. 

Having not had to do 90 day reports for many years, as I normally travel in and out of Thailand with work, I expected a crowded waiting room and your standard issue, sullen IO to contend with. I was pleasantly surprised at both the speed of the process and how polite the IO that I dealt with was. All is not lost in the LOS ????

1 hour ago, skorp13 said:

No. New visa. I could not 90 day report on my old one as it was obtained at the consulate outside Thailand

Unless you converted from a different kind of Visa then you've got an extension...

Easy way to tell is a Visa is a sticker they put into your passport that looks like this (random pic grabbed from internet)... 

ThailandVisa.jpeg.52f84c1b186716069cfd93a4a79f2600.jpeg

And an extension is a stamp they put in your passport (another random pic from internet)... 

ThailandExtension.jpeg.5f24e59fcb0cbd3437d143c9f0c3f85a.jpeg

Getting an extension does not reset the 90 day clock so you need to do a 90 day report 90 days after entering the country or 90 days since you last done one whichever is later 

Catkiwi: did you miss a 90 reporting during your stay here on your long term visa then? I missed one 90 day reporting (under amenity) on my long term visa and could then not do online after. I am Bangkok based and wonder whether any BKK people have gone done there, who had missed a 90 day reporting on long term visa, and got reporting done after 31st Aug without getting a fine? Cheers!

1 hour ago, Catkiwi said:

For anyone on a long term visa, based around the Rayong area and needs to do their 90 day report, I have just done mine at the Map Ta Put office. In and out under 10 minutes, no questions asked and no mention of any fine for reporting after the 31st of August dead line. 

Having not had to do 90 day reports for many years, as I normally travel in and out of Thailand with work, I expected a crowded waiting room and your standard issue, sullen IO to contend with. I was pleasantly surprised at both the speed of the process and how polite the IO that I dealt with was. All is not lost in the LOS ????

1 hour ago, Firefan said:

I am Bangkok based and wonder whether any BKK people have gone done there, who had missed a 90 day reporting on long term visa, and got reporting done after 31st Aug without getting a fine?

You cannot be fined since under ministerial notice 90 day reporting is not required until after September 26th.

Doing it August was not mandatory. It was when they wanted people that skipped reports to get caught up.

• Like 1

My last 90 day report was last month next one is due November. I am moving to another province nest week. My new landlady will be doing atm30 but I am confused....do I do another 90 day report when I arrive or do I hand in a TM28 and my next report date remain the same? Thanks in advance

19 minutes ago, Tanlic said:

My new landlady will be doing atm30 but I am confused....do I do another 90 day report when I arrive or do I hand in a TM28 and my next report date remain the same?

Your report date will still be the same.

Many offices only want the TM30 report instead of a TM27 or TM28 form.

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

Your report date will still be the same.

Many offices only want the TM30 report instead of a TM27 or TM28 form.

Thanks Joe I will take both forms and they can take their pick. Just looked at a a TM30 they can't even translate that into understandable English.....

On 9/3/2020 at 3:17 PM, Mike Teavee said:

Unless you converted from a different kind of Visa then you've got an extension...

Easy way to tell is a Visa is a sticker they put into your passport that looks like this (random pic grabbed from internet)... 

ThailandVisa.jpeg.52f84c1b186716069cfd93a4a79f2600.jpeg

And an extension is a stamp they put in your passport (another random pic from internet)... 

ThailandExtension.jpeg.5f24e59fcb0cbd3437d143c9f0c3f85a.jpeg

Getting an extension does not reset the 90 day clock so you need to do a 90 day report 90 days after entering the country or 90 days since you last done one whichever is later 

Converted from external visa to internal. met with visa consultant and was told all good until November. Thank you all for the advice i have gotten on here. Cheers!

• Like 1

On 9/3/2020 at 3:32 PM, Firefan said:

Catkiwi: did you miss a 90 reporting during your stay here on your long term visa then? I missed one 90 day reporting (under amenity) on my long term visa and could then not do online after. I am Bangkok based and wonder whether any BKK people have gone done there, who had missed a 90 day reporting on long term visa, and got reporting done after 31st Aug without getting a fine? Cheers!

Yes Firefan, I had missed reporting in June and no mention was made of that as has been mentioned here many times, the amnesty covered that. I don't know about BKK people being able to report in Rayong, haven't really looked into that but assume you have to do it in the same province that your reported address is.