France's Le Drian blames Britain's 'attitude' for Brexit talks impasse

snoop1130

We (and that is only the nation state Belgium NL/FR/DE) demand in return for giving you back your fishy rights (...) the return and/or a reasonable wiedergutmachung for

24 minutes ago, pixelaoffy said:

They were part of being member of the club, Now no longer a member of the club it returns to pre 1972

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Trump has also lots of experts working for him.

But both have the problem that they don't listen and/or don't care.

Hey, your Trump obsession is showing again and it is still irrelevant to a Brexit topic.

You are going to have to confess how you know the inner workings of Boris's cabinet, or I might have to decide that you are making it all up and don't actually know anything. Boris not listening or caring about what his experts say? I'm tending towards you actually knowing nowt. We have a whole cohort of Remainers here who are convinced that Boris is only the puppet of a Machiavellian Dominic Cummings. Do they know more about UK cabinet goings-on than you? Why not let us into some of the secrets of the Bundestag? 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, oldhippy said:

Fishing rights were SOLD by the UK, not STOLEN by the EU.

Who said they they were STOLEN by the EU?

Correct me if i.m wrong but weren't they given away/traded as part of the UK's entry to the the common market. Under the EU.s common fishery policy

well, were not in it now so were taking it back. As we should

My point was that the French fisherman have the most to lose and that they have their prime minister, Macron, to thank as he did everything he could to undermine a deal

I'm talking about when the UK were trying to negotiate a deal to stay within the EU

Edited by Dene16
addition
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Loiner said:

Hey, your Trump obsession is showing again and it is still irrelevant to a Brexit topic.

You are going to have to confess how you know the inner workings of Boris's cabinet, or I might have to decide that you are making it all up and don't actually know anything. Boris not listening or caring about what his experts say? I'm tending towards you actually knowing nowt. We have a whole cohort of Remainers here who are convinced that Boris is only the puppet of a Machiavellian Dominic Cummings. Do they know more about UK cabinet goings-on than you? Why not let us into some of the secrets of the Bundestag? 

What would be the point of explaining it to you? I am sure you will find something in The Sun which you like to believe.

The source said: “Barnier’s speech is a deliberate and misleading caricature of our proposals aimed at deflecting scrutiny from the EU’s own positions which are wholly unrealistic and unprecedented.

“For our part, we have been consistently clear that we are seeking a relationship that respects our sovereignty and which has a free trade agreement at its core, similar to those the EU has already agreed with like-minded countries.”

The exchange of insults left chances of a deal looking unlikely ahead of a make-or-break round of trade talks next week look in danger of failure.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/1330554/brexit-news-michel-barnier-eu-trade-deal-no-deal-brexit-latest-boris-johnson-response

Boris said he had a ready made oven deal ready. 

What happened to that?

It seems he meant the withdrawal agreement which he signed but which he is now attempting to deviate from.

No wonder the EU are turning their backs on bothering to find a deal.

2 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

What would be the point of explaining it to you? I am sure you will find something in The Sun which you like to believe.

So you are arrogant enough to allude to me believing something in a newspaper that you consider inferior, but cannot back up your arrogance by actually explaining to little ole me the reason for all your privileged information. Perhaps I have to dig the dirt in der Bild?

You display the same European conceit that thought the Merkel/May pact was permanent and invincible. Well Boris has sorted that and there will be no more surrender to your EU demands. 

32 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

That sums it up. Not what Boris did but your "understanding" of it.

You started with that German "newspaper" Bild for dummies. I just offered a better alternative to widen your knowledge.

Boris got us out of the EU, as he was elected to do. I’ve no problem understanding that but you appear to. 

I didn’t ask you how to widen my knowledge and I doubt your preferred German paper could achieve that. It also still doesn’t explain your claimed in depth knowledge of the UK cabinet. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, oldhippy said:

Fishing rights were SOLD - long after UK's entry.

It was a commercial transaction.

Here is what your own TV station says:

https://www.bbc.com/news/52420116

Oeps, I forgot... BBC is a krypto trotskyist organisation, that wants to destroy the UK in particular and humanity in general.

And it says: The EU's Common Fisheries Policy (CFP) sets quotas among EU member states, and similar deals are negotiated with neighbouring countries.

Member states, of which we are not one.

• Confused 1

30 minutes ago, Surelynot said:

More project fear I guess.......all these industry chiefs getting together and worrying over nothing (again).....give it a rest! Gove has assured us there will be little or no disruption and the French will do everything in their power to ensure it all runs smoothly. Plus we have Boris (he is so funny....love his hair....and he has just had a baby)

Screen Shot 2020-09-04 at 04.52.59.png

Focus man!

17 minutes ago, nauseus said:

If other EU nations will hold so many of these rights after the end of the year, what's all the fuss about then?

So many? Does it matter how many? A (commercial) deal is a deal.

And you are lucky you did not sell out your fishing rights to ths Chinese...... I am sure they would protect their fishermen with aircraft carriers!

And since you obviously did not read the facts that I presented you in my BBC link, here is a screen shot:

England and Wales were daft enough to sell more then half their fishing rights - contrarily to the Scots. That explains something, does it not?

Screenshot_2020-09-04 Who really owns UK fishing rights .png

• Like 1

4 hours ago, oldhippy said:

So many? Does it matter how many? A (commercial) deal is a deal.

And you are lucky you did not sell out your fishing rights to ths Chinese...... I am sure they would protect their fishermen with aircraft carriers!

And since you obviously did not read the facts that I presented you in my BBC link, here is a screen shot:

England and Wales were daft enough to sell more then half their fishing rights - contrarily to the Scots. That explains something, does it not?

Screenshot_2020-09-04 Who really owns UK fishing rights .png

Quotas are not rights. This seems to be an ongoing point of confusion.