Thai Finance Minister Predee submits resignation

snoop1130

30 minutes ago, YetAnother said:

radical stupidity; guy doesnt want the job and you force him to do it ?! that is conscription

At the moment "it's unclear".

Possibly only a tactical manoeuvre.

Maybe the minister is trying to force approval of an as yet, publicly, undisclosed policy/scheme/intiative?

Or just trying to get a raise?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, 86Tiger said:

This guy figured out what the other guys knew.....

Yes, and then decided to flee the ship before the whole kettle boiled over.  I am starting to really think that there may be more internal struggles going on and with 2 specific Army regiments now tied to someone at the high end, its the only way to ensure another Coup does not occur or if one does, it will be just plain old ugly.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, billd766 said:

He probably has more financial experience in one finger than Prayuth has in his whole body. If he wants to quit he has most probably seen some of the books and has realised that somebody is going to be the patsy, and it isn't going to be him. 

He resigned and it is public knowledge now.

How can the PM NOT accept it? If Prayuth refuses to accept it, how will he make sure that Predee stays. If the guy refuses to do the job what can Prayuth do about it? Fire him? But he has already resigned.

He is probably one of the few experienced Thai people capable of doing the job properly.

And Prayuth knows very little about finance or running the country for that matter.

oh dear ....  so your obviously more experienced ...   well, I would never have guessed   !

• Sad 5

Just now, ThailandRyan said:

Yes, and then decided to flee the ship before the whole kettle boiled over.  I am starting to really think that there may be more internal struggles going on and with 2 specific Army regiments now tied to someone at the high end, its the only way to ensure another Coup does not occur or if one does, it will be just plain old ugly.

i've heard this song 100 times .... lol :violin:     i still get a laugh

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, steven100 said:

Khun Prayut Chan O Cha is possibly the second highest person of statue authoritarian within the Kingdom of Thailand

Everyone by now knows that Prayut is controlled by the watch man, and is just a facade with nothing behind it

• Like 2