Sira quits House anti-corruption panel over ‘interference’ from chairman

snoop1130

Sira quits House anti-corruption panel over ‘interference’ from chairman

By The Nation

800_90e78c243e14229.jpg

A simmering feud in the House committee on anti-corruption finally boiled over today when Palang Pracharath Party MP Sira Jenjaka quit after falling out with the panel’s chairman, Pol Gen Sereepisuth Temeeyaves, leader of the Seri Ruam Thai Party.

“I will resign today [September 2] from the committee led by Sereepisuth since I can no longer work with him,” Sira said, explaining he was now the target of a probe being ordered by Sereepisuth. 

The probe followed Sira’s decision to investigate an audio clip of what sounds like an MP discussing corrupt benefits with a businessman. 

Sira said Sereepisuth should support him and the public on this matter, and asked how the committee could function if its chairman prevented him from investigating corruption.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30393916

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-09-02

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, trainman34014 said:

''Anti-Corruption Panel'; nothing but a joke !

Prepare a new display case at the Bangkok Anti Corruption Museum.

Interesting it is an army party guy refusing to let a coalition member get away with it.

If we have the story told correctly.

corruption.jpg

Anti corruption panel in Thailand is obviously a joke. Lets be honest, if they had any intention of doing the job honestly and properly, they would be making thousands of arrests daily. Within a year government departments would be empty and the jails overflowing. They will investigate those who don't follow the puppet masters call, and ignore the nation being fleeced by its public servants who follow the protocol and keep sending illicit gains upwards.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Sira said Sereepisuth should support him and the public on this matter, and asked how the committee could function if its chairman prevented him from investigating corruption.

Rotten to the core.

16 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Doesn't sound to me like the good General Prayuths vow to stamp out corruption is going along the lines he promised.  In fact it seems like the train is kind of coming off of the rails.

TBH I don't think that particular train has left the station yet.