Biden looks to turn campaign focus to pandemic as Trump dwells on protests

webfact

47 minutes ago, Tracyb said:

Would someone be kind enough to advise me how to block members?  I’m tired of the whining and complaining, bickering and fighting perpetuated by some.

You're only a 4 dotter, you don't have the ignore feature.

21 minutes ago, Sujo said:

Hes lucky, they tend to end up in jail.

Oh really...can you name one Trump cabinet or administration official who is in jail? Didn't think so...looks like I'll have to report your post for violating rules against posting false and intentionally misleading information.

Edited by Pattaya Spotter

45 minutes ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

Donald Trump seems to have really triggered you...that was the job he was hired to do.

I think we get it, by now, that for some of Trump supporters on here, the President's main task during a double crisis, is to troll. Guess it's all about priorities.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, earlinclaifornia said:

Here’s the quote from Joe Biden’s sparsely attended press conference: 

Biden to Trump: “St͏o͏p your boast about—never being—seemed at you—you can do anything.”

Now please tell me how this is Presidential material.  He has difficulty putting two coherent sentences together.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Tracyb said:

Would someone be kind enough to advise me how to block members?  I’m tired of the whining and complaining, bickering and fighting perpetuated by some.

Tracy

If you go to your login name at the top right corner and click onto the down arrow you will see some choices. Look for "ignored users" and click on that.

A new screen will open and then click on "add user".

Type in the name of the user you want to ignore making sure that you spell the name correctly as there are a few posters with similar names. Press enter and you will see 4 boxes and tick the ones you want to delete, Then press enter and you should have the name in your ignore list and off you go.

If you need any more help plese let me know and I will do my best for you.

Regards Billd

• Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, billd766 said:

Trump seems to have difficulty in putting two coherent sentences together without telling at last one lie.

It appears to me that Trump (according to the media) has told over 20,xxx lies since he became POTUS, that comes to over 13 per day, yet you seem to care more about Biden stumbling over one question, which he corrected.

Don’t you just love to see the desperation and panic in the trump supporters camp god I hope we rid ourselves of trump and his malicious influence 

• Like 2

I actually the USA having only 2 dinosaurs to elect as the next President. It is too bad that

a younger person was not trying to get this position. What, there was younger people

who were trying to become President?  Well why did the American voters not get

one of them to keep running for this political position?  Hmmm...

Geezer

President Trump is now Darth Vader? (Good...he was the best character in the trilogy.)

Joe Biden on Thursday said President Trump has "legitimized a dark side of human nature"

Biden: Trump has 'legitimized a dark side of human nature' | TheHill.
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/515019-biden-in-kenosha-trump-has-legitimized-a-dark-side-of-human-nature

• Like 1

On 9/3/2020 at 6:14 AM, webfact said:

Biden looks to turn campaign focus to pandemic as Trump dwells on protests

Biden on the right track focusing on the pandemic. The pandemic is the number one concern for all Americans; Democrats, independents and even Republicans. Trump’s law and order strategy don’t even resonate with the Republicans coming in as 3rd concern after economics. Trump is walking into a election disaster. 
https://fortune.com/2020/07/30/coronavirus-us-economy-election-issue-gdp-trump-biden-covid-19/

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

Biden on the right track focusing on the pandemic. The pandemic is the number one concern for all Americans; Democrats, independents and even Republicans. Trump’s law and order strategy don’t even resonate with the Republicans coming in as 3rd concern after economics. Trump is walking into a election disaster. 
https://fortune.com/2020/07/30/coronavirus-us-economy-election-issue-gdp-trump-biden-covid-19/

Let's hope so.....another 4 years of this buffoon and his backers will put the world back decades.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, tribalfusion001 said:

What a choice, orange glow insane Trump or dopey senile Joe. Vote for Kanye West....

Not possible in Arizona. West's candidacy has been rejected there, due to him not being a real candidate but a spoiler.

• Like 1

On 9/3/2020 at 4:23 PM, Pattaya Spotter said:

It's Donald Trump's fault that people who never wanted him to be president are protesting him and his administration's policies...not sure that really scans. And a viral pandemic originating halfway around the world that causes the shutdown of major sectors of the economy, in the name of public health (and called for by his political opponents as well), is also the President's fault? Maybe Joe can sell this narrative to the American people but I have my doubts.

Perhaps you might explain why this then hasn't happened to all the other leaders around the world for whom, similarly, there was no fault in terms of the virus pandemic? Perhaps because they were judged based on how well they marshaled their country's resources to combat the threat and worked to unify their people for a response. That is why Trump is being judged incompetent, to have a lack of empathy and to have failed to lead which is, you know, the primary job of an elected Leader.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, JCauto said:

Oh, really? I thought he was the President of the USA. Looking through job descriptions, can't seem to find "polarize the country and demonize and troll those who don't vote for you". 

I think it's quite instructive to observe what his supporters believe is his job. It makes his approval by said posters much easier to understand along with why they believe he is a great president. Conversely, it explains why those of us who think that a President's job is to lead ALL of the country towards a greater good, manage external threats, maintain a firm hand on the tiller and provide an exemplar for a better society have the opinion that this is the worst president in modern times, perhaps in all of US history. 

Now that we're both clear as to what we see as the role and duties of the President, would you in retrospect say that Obama was actually a great President due to his obvious ability to trigger his opposition (including yourself)? By your definition, this was outstanding leadership, no?

Just being black was enough to trigger repubs. He didnt actually have to do anything except breathe.

• Like 1

On 9/2/2020 at 9:24 PM, Pattaya Spotter said:

So much for those double-digit poll leads...time to "Break Glass In Case Of Emergency" ????????????

POLITICO: Biden’s lead in Pennsylvania shrinks to 4 points in new poll.
https://www.politico.com/news/2020/09/02/biden-lead-poll-pennsylvania-407682

These polls have had the same pattern for at least the last five presidential elections. I still remember Al Gore having double digit leads over George W. Bush. The poll numbers always seem to magically even out as the elections draw near. It's almost as though the polls are designed to drive, rather than report, public opinion.

I think Joe's handlers are wise to try and get Joe to focus on the pandemic instead of riots. They had Joe make the token condemnations against the riots. But given these rioters are almost exclusively his voters, he can't keep condemning the riots. That would annoy his base. And just to play it safe, he had Kamala Harris out there saying the riots, er, *protests*, should continue. So let's be frank about it: Biden/Harris support the riots. They've been silent for months. It is likely only because Democrats finally figured out the riots aren't helping them that they were forced to come up with a token condemnation. Their silence for months speaks far louder than their newfound outrage.

Of course, Joe going on the attack about the pandemic opens up plenty of opportunities for criticism of Democrats as well. For example, both Biden and Pelosi only had whining about xenophobia and racism to offer after Trump restricted travel from China. And the state-by-state breakdown of where the virus has flourished indicates Democrats have done a disastrous job at handling the virus.

And now that we know only 6% of virus deaths were from the virus exclusively, with the vast majority of deaths being elderly people with an average of 2.6 other serious aggravating conditions, rest assured I'm not the only person wondering why we destroyed the US economy.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, MajarTheLion said:

For example, both Biden and Pelosi only had whining about xenophobia and racism to offer after Trump restricted travel from China

No. That's only what Trump said

They did call him racist etc.... because of the second so-called Muslim ban. The rest of your post is at the same level of accuracy, so it's not worth losing more time with it.

"The Trump Administration’s expansion of its outrageous, un-American travel ban threatens our security, our values and the rule of law. The sweeping rule, barring more than 350 million individuals from predominantly African nations from traveling to the United States, is discrimination disguised as policy,” Pelosi said in a statement."

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/480991-pelosi-trumps-expanded-travel-ban-is-outrageous-un-american-and-threatens-rule

Now in case you intend to find a statement by either Biden or Pelosi calling Trump a racist and mentioning the CHINA travel ban, I wish you good luck! ????

• Thanks 2