getting a 3 month VISA while on amnesty until 26 September?

Hello guys

I did arrive here on tourist Visa on Arrival (VOA) and it has been fully extended already.

My last stamp is 21st of April, see attachment.

I am now on amnesty until 26th of September. 
I am trying to stay in Thailand for 3 more months from September.

I have contacted VISA agencies such as Thai Visa Center (Bangkok) and J.&.E. Concierge (Pattaya).
Apparently I can apply for "emergency VISA" which is a 3 months VISA.

Some of them say: The new 3 months stamp period will be calculated from NOW (September)        
Some of them say: The new 3 months stamp period will be calculated from the LAST STAMP (21st of April)

Questions:
1. Is there any VISA Agencies you would suggest to me to trust which would allow me to get any type of VISA (including NON-O) for 3 months starting from NOW September?

2. Actually is it possible to achieve that?

Thanks
Matteo 

pp1.jpg.8a498f3c4d2aefd0efcbb45aba57d68f.jpg

passport-matteo-21st-April.jpg

9 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You apparently entered visa exempt and got a 30 day entry not a 15 day visa on arrival.

There is no 90 day emergency visa you can apply for. They can only be issued for specific reasons to qualify for a one year extension such as retirement, working, attending a school,  working as a volunteer and etc.

Only a 30 day special extension is possible with a letter from your embassy that would start on the 26th of this month.

Hi Ubonjoe,

I am in a similar situation. I did a visa run just before lockdown to get a few days extra as a job abroad was delayed, and then got stuck here, which was a good thing, it turned out, but am now getting a bit concerned about the next extension. I am married to a Thai and have not used the 'visit the wife' extension. Can I still apply for that or do I have to hope that there is either a new amnesty or to qualify for the 30 day special extensions? 

2 minutes ago, katatonic said:

Thank-you. I presume the non- O is now off the table.

No. Obtain the 60 days visit wife. Then non o and finally 12 month extension.

Use 400k I bank method for extension as some folk having trouble income method. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, katatonic said:

Thank-you. I presume the non- O is now off the table.

Just now, DrJack54 said:

Ok thanks Dr Jack. I may ask the local IO about their policy regarding that first (Phuket) as I do prefer to just transfer from my Singapore account as I need it, but not a major issue.

48 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You apparently entered visa exempt and got a 30 day entry not a 15 day visa on arrival.

There is no 90 day emergency visa you can apply for. They can only be issued for specific reasons to qualify for a one year extension such as retirement, working, attending a school,  working as a volunteer and etc.

Only a 30 day special extension is possible with a letter from your embassy that would start on the 26th of this month.

The agency I am in touch with (Thai Visa Center) said they can offer 90 days NON-O Volunteer Visa at the cost THB 25.000

I am almost ready to start with the process with an agency so I wanted to double check with you.

Questions:

1. Does it sound possible?
2. If yes, because my last stamp is 21st of April, then the new 90 days stamp will be calculated from NOW or from 21st of April?

NB: The reason why I am doing this VISA thing is partially because my Airline have not issued my flight ticket voucher to me yet and I would avoid going to the embassy because they are not helpful, I think.

thanks to you

48 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

OP, no offense but you ask this question Sept 5.

Think you need see agent asap. 

One option possible may be non o (volunteering). Friend of mine obtained one couple week back. Cost was 49k his included 12 month extension.

It's ok, I think you're right

The agency I am in touch with, they said they can offer 90 days NON-O Volunteer Visa at the cost THB 25.000

That's the type of VISA I am interested in and I am ready to start with the process with that agency but I wanted to double check with you.

Questions:

1. Do you think this 90 days Volunteer NON-O VISA exists, or it has to be 1 year?
2. Could you maybe suggest to me the agency you're friend used?

thanks to you

12 minutes ago, matteo73 said:

Questions:

1. Does it sound possible?
2. If yes, because my last stamp is 21st of April, then the new 90 days stamp will be calculated from NOW or from 21st of April?

1. Yes

2. From the day you apply for it. They will not back date it to April.

5 minutes ago, matteo73 said:

Questions:

1. Do you think this 90 days Volunteer NON-O VISA exists, or it has to be 1 year?

It will be 90 day non-o visa entry that can be extended for 90 days at a time up to total stay of one year.

14 minutes ago, matteo73 said:

Do you think this 90 days Volunteer NON-O VISA exists, or it has to be 1 year?
2. Could you maybe suggest to me the agency you're friend used?

The non o gives a 90 day permission of stay. 

Most folk then obtain 12 month extension.

Thinking if you want only 90 day (gamble) then would be cheaper.

My friend used Key Visa (Pattaya) however he lives bkk. Used that company because his lawyer (unrelated matter) advised him to use Key Visa. 

A recent thread had a guy approach Thai Visa Centre. It was much more think 60k 15 months.

Just Google some and inquire. 

Do so asap. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

My friend used Key Visa (Pattaya) however he lives bkk. Used that company because his lawyer (unrelated matter) advised him to use Key Visa. 

A recent thread had a guy approach Thai Visa Centre. It was much more think 60k 15 months.

Do so asap. 

I'd also inquire right away how long the agent plans to keep the passport for their "shenanigans". Some apparently want it 3-4 weeks to visit some far away immigration office with it. Not something I'd agree to in the current situation.

8 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Do so asap. 

Hi DrJack,

Thanks for this, I appreciated.

When you say "Thinking if you want only 90 day (gamble) then would be cheaper".

You say gamble do you mean trying to get a 90 days NON-O volunteer VISA is a gamble?

Meaning there are more chances they get denied because of only 90 days?

Regards

2 hours ago, matteo73 said:

You say gamble do you mean trying to get a 90 days NON-O volunteer VISA is a gamble?

Meaning there are more chances they get denied because of only 90 days?

No. The agent will be able to organise the non o which gives you 90 days.

The gamble reference was to the fact that I don't think much will change even in 3 months. 

I'm at the same situation.

I'm considering taking this visa for three months.

Is it possible to switch from the volunteer visa to a non b teaching visa?

That's the only reason I'd do it.

I just got hired by a school but im positive they won't send on time the letters to Education and Immigration department asking more time to get the my non b before day 10 which is deadline for applying via my current agency.

The director of the school apparently can't be rushed to do this or get molested in any way 

On 9/5/2020 at 4:46 PM, ubonjoe said:

Hi Ubonjoe,

I am in the same situation regarding status (arrived on Visa Exempt and am now on amnesty). I am married to a Thai and reside in our home here in Thailand. I went to Pathum Thani IO two days ago and they mentioned getting a letter from the US Embassy for a 30-day extension and come back the next week. I got a PDF document emailed to me from the US Embassy, but with a seal and no signature.  I assumed I would just print it out and use it, but when my wife called the IO they said it needed to be signed. Do you or anyone here understand this? Perhaps I should try for the 60-day extension "to visit wife" instead.  I am really perplexed. I would like to eventually get the Non-O based on marriage, but IO has been steering us away from that. Do I need to get a Visa-Agent to help me? 

26 minutes ago, nevets81 said:

Hi Ubonjoe,

I am in the same situation regarding status (arrived on Visa Exempt and am now on amnesty). I am married to a Thai and reside in our home here in Thailand. I went to Pathum Thani IO two days ago and they mentioned getting a letter from the US Embassy for a 30-day extension and come back the next week. I got a PDF document emailed to me from the US Embassy, but with a seal and no signature.  I assumed I would just print it out and use it, but when my wife called the IO they said it needed to be signed. Do you or anyone here understand this? Perhaps I should try for the 60-day extension "to visit wife" instead.  I am really perplexed. I would like to eventually get the Non-O based on marriage, but IO has been steering us away from that. Do I need to get a Visa-Agent to help me? 

Do not trust the officials at the Pathum Thani office. It is known to be rogue. You are too late now to apply for the Non O visa without using the 60-day extension to visit your wife first. Get the 60-day extension, and then immediately start the process of getting the visa, allowing plenty of time to allow you to circumvent the office's obstruction. If you allow the office to talk you into the embassy letter assisted special extension, you may no longer be able to get either the normal 60-day extension, or the in-country visa.

If you or your wife happens to be on good terms with a high status Thai, see if you can persuade them to go with you to intimidate the officials into doing their job correctly without playing games.

38 minutes ago, nevets81 said:

The emailed letter should be accepted if you print it in color. If the do not want to accept it perhaps ask them to call the embassy about it.

Getting a 60 day extension may be best in the long run. That would give you plenty of time to apply for a 90 day non immigrant visa (category O) entry and then the one year extension of stay.

No need to use an agent.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Getting a 60 day extension may be best in the long run. That would give you plenty of time to apply for a 90 day non immigrant visa (category O) entry and then the one year extension of stay.

I have inquired previously about the 60 day extension. They wouldn't accept my application. We will try for the 60 day again and, if not, have no choice but the 30-day extension.  Thanks again!

16 minutes ago, nevets81 said:

I have inquired previously about the 60 day extension. They wouldn't accept my application. We will try for the 60 day again and, if not, have no choice but the 30-day extension.  Thanks again!

As I wrote before, take a respected Thai with you if possible. They are less likely to reject your application for the 60-day extension with a high status Thai there to witness their intransigence.

1 hour ago, BritTim said:

As I wrote before, take a respected Thai with you if possible. They are less likely to reject your application for the 60-day extension with a high status Thai there to witness their intransigence.

I know of no one of high-status, unfortunately.  But thanks for the suggestion. We will try the two-month extension. 

1 hour ago, BritTim said:

If you allow the office to talk you into the embassy letter assisted special extension, you may no longer be able to get either the normal 60-day extension, or the in-country visa.

How certain are you of this? What makes you think this could happen? That would be an awful situation to be in. 

On 9/5/2020 at 12:09 PM, DrJack54 said:

Do so asap. 

Certainly not what I was quoted. 32k for non O including extension. Of course likely too late to apply now.

Edited by Eindhoven

2 hours ago, nevets81 said:

How certain are you of this? What makes you think this could happen? That would be an awful situation to be in. 

The Non O (conversion) visa would certainly not be directly available. I am less certain about the 60-day extension (which if allowed would subsequently allow the visa application). Worst case, if unable to do that at Pathum Thani, you might be able to relocate to a friendlier area and sort something out there.

I am not trying to scare you unnecessarily, just warning you to be very careful. To be honest, if being forced to leave would be a disaster, I think you should relocate for a couple of months to get your immigration status sorted out.

4 hours ago, BritTim said:

To be honest, if being forced to leave would be a disaster, I think you should relocate for a couple of months to get your immigration status sorted out.

Moving out of my house, and being away from my garden, chickens, dogs, and family? We'll see how the 2 month extension goes.