Those with Thai GF, how are you managing the separation anxiety?

Thaidude

6 hours ago, soi3eddie said:

I recently witnessed the "gf" of a fellow foreigner back at "work" and he had only just landed in his home country! Only surprised at how soon she moved on. 

Reminds me of the passenger beside me on the pattaya coach from airport, was waving, crying, blowing kisses etc to her beloved standing with his suitcases outside before the bus moved then as soon as we turned the first corner to exit the airport she spun round in her seat to face me " where you go ? How long you stay Thailand ? You look for good lady...........

• Like 2

8 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Yeah the hot one who left my room this morning said she had 4 sending her money before, now only one.

Since it is all indefinite at this point I do not think I would continue, unless a wife and family.

If they are staying in Pattaya, Phuket or any other well known destination there’s a good reason for it. 

16 hours ago, Kadilo said:

Are you not worried that if they are playing away and your wife has these new friends that she is not doing the same?

Agreed with the living in Thailand analysis. It’s definitely food for thought with what has gone on and as you say likely to keep happening. 

For me it reinforced the feeling that we are not valued on iota whether single, married or property owner, we are all surplus. I’ve read it many times on this forum but now to see it is quite sad. 

What makes you think it’s only Thailand there are thousands and I know two,

who are trying to get back into Australia.

The government has restricted the number of incoming flights and the people who can return and if you want to leave you have to seek permission.

1 hour ago, chilli42 said:

I am not so sure I see the girls this way.  They are flexible and adaptable to their circumstances, they have to be they were born poor.  Many were born into families where they may not have had a father and often not a mother, being brought up by the grandparents.  What do you think their view of a committed relationship is?  Don’t be so quick to judge.  Maybe a bit more humble about what your value in this society is.  

Nice speech even though it’s got knob all to do with my post. 

8 hours ago, GeorgeCross said:

she's been a lot happier since her brother started dropping round to make sure she's ok ????

her brothers.    thais never pronounce the s at an end of a word

14 hours ago, PingRoundTheWorld said:

Dumped mine in April when it became clearer borders are not reopening anytime soon. There's simply no point for me to be in a relationship with someone I can't physically be with. The way it looks Thailand will not reopen for at least half a year without a huge sacrifice (quarantine and cost), so see you ya next year, LOS...

True love at its best..... 

For those of us that live here, high season starts when you leave. I know 3 ladies that need a little attention at least once a week. Thanks to your monthly donations they give it up for free. Nov through March is my time to rest. If you don't believe me spend a couple of years here single without going home. If you're not a fat beer drinking slob you will be hit on constantly by the lonely well supported ladies.  

1 hour ago, itsallmine68 said:

Your not even close to the time of seperation. I know of a lady that finally came to Canada as a Nanny and hadnt sen her son or Husband for 9 years. Not 9 months 9 years Reason so she could get a better job to support them in the Phillipines. Then a worker I had in Qatar and came to me pleading not to demobilize him at the end of a job. Found out he could go home every year to visit his wife and 5 children. He hadnt done it in 5 years reason scared to lose his job.

So 5,6,7,8,9 months come back later Also think of families from WW2, Korean Vietnam that didnt see sons for 5-6 years and there was no Line, Skype, manybe a letter once a year from a POW Camp 

thanks.    i feel better now  ????

10 hours ago, donnacha said:

No farang-Thai couple currently apart due to C19 is going to be reunited anytime soon. This whole mess is going to last a lot longer than most people realize. 

Very few relationships will survive being apart for that long, particularly at such a stressful time. The economic, crime, and social unrest chapters of this strange period have not yet even started to unfold. It is only natural for a woman who has been left alone to worry about such things.

Some relationships may appear to endure during the enforced separation but, once re-united, the accumulated stresses will place a grinding weight upon being together. Expectations will be disappointed, connections will fail.

This doesn't necessarily mean that anyone has been bad, or has acted in bad faith, it just means that people grow apart when separated for a long time.

But we are reunited since last week

I left in June after 3 1/2 months in Hua Hin. My lady is salt of the earth, Buddhist farmer, come up market spa masseuse after her divorce 7 years ago. We video chat daily, message a few times a day. She and daughter, starting uni, stay in my townhouse in Hua Hin. I have not the slightest concern about her fidelity though she's a special lady in more ways than one.

We miss each other a lot some days, other days we chat about getting on with things. I'm hoping Aussie cases settle down by end of September, enough for some sensible review of "safe country" opening of borders. People everywhere are getting fed up with the silly medicos calling the shots on a virus which only gets seriously fatal if you're over 80 and don't look after yourself (past and present - masks, isolation).

Believe when the dust settles, the review boards and commissions will be damning on the overreaction of governments to the devastation of the global economy, employment (especially the younger folk), and mental health. The world's going mad haha.

Covid deaths analysis.jpg

Edited by Donga
Add table
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, 473geo said:

Why not the transaction is complete? It's the way it works in the rent by day world.

I think this thread is more for those of us who made a little more commitment than just handing over a few baht.

In the guy's mind it may be an ongoing transaction and he believes the lady is committed to him as he's still being funding her until he can return... (rinse and repeat).

Edited by soi3eddie

3 minutes ago, soi3eddie said:

In the guy's mind it may be an ongoing transaction and he believes the lady is committed to him as he's still being funding her until he can return... (rinse and repeat).

Well an ongoing transaction at say 1000 baht a day 30k a month, so yes if the guy is sending that and more, is certainly a sign of commitment on his part

Any less is just helping out a friend

• Haha 2

I am doing fine thanks. Talk most days via Line, but that is getting a little excessive after 6 months away. GF goes to work everyday, but is missing the benefits associated with her farang BF i.e. holidays at the seaside, regular dinners out, massages at the shops etc.. I am missing the obvious regular shop massages, the goofy stuff that happens in Thailand and of course my GFs attentions. Don't miss the bad drivers or bad air. Hopefully it will be safe to visit Thailand in Jan/Feb/Mar. 

Edited by expat1010
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, treetops said:

Plenty flights out, and as you are married to a Thai you could also come back if you're prepared  to jump through some hoops.

Thanks. Yes, I've already contemplated that but the best I can get is 2 weeks (maybe a little longer at a stretch) holiday.

Hardly worth it

19 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Currently stuck in UK away from the wife of 5 years and daughter. Currently I managing OK, though trying to support one household and a bed and breakfast is not cheap. 

Couple of years ago, my tenant stopped paying me, and as I basically used that money to live with the wife, we had no income so had to return to the UK. Luckily for me - definitely not for him - my tenant was in hospital and died soon, so I go the house back quickly. The the drug fueled , fraudulent lying hippie had wrecked the house, broken windows, holes in the doors and walls, literally sh** everywhere as the front door had been open for 12 days. I had no income, and if you have ever been on uni credit, you'll understand why it took a year to do the house up and find a new responsible tenant.

So, away now for 5 months is not as bad as the previous 12 so far. 

Then - as now - we use facebook to talk as much as possible, chat to my daughter, etc - though I sure hope FB never get moderators on live chat if you know what I mean  ????  I missed my daughters first day at school, but what can you do ? 

I have to think positive and as it is my intention to bring the family here in a few years anyway, i have to think of this time as addition credit for the marriage visa with immigration. Every day is another day to show immigration !

I would say that what this whole thing has shown is that Thailand is NOT really an option moving forwards with my family and wife. There is no reason this will not happen again in a year or so , just as we go back to normal. Personally I have to travel back to the UK every 9 months , so even if I did get in though the hoops and expensive quarantine, I;d have to do it potentially again later. 

I would say, time to start planning your life more, and thinking hard IS Thailand good for you and your g/f. 

Lastly, and I hate to worry you, my wife a school teacher, has a best new friend of a married bar girl (our daughters play together b4 you ask) and from what I gather from the wife, every one of her new friends bar girl friends and family with men abroad have all moved onto men currently here ! 

Not sure why you don't come back your married you can file to come back. You just have to pay for the hotel and flight. Can't blame Thailand for this its a sensible regulation. They kept covid out.

I know of an acquaintance that just went through the quarantine not too bad. (besides issues with the hotel) If you want to its possible.

14 hours ago, Odysseus123 said:

Or..if they have achieved citizenship in the "farang's" country once they have married and have gone to live abroad when they then fall in with other Thai "friends".

It's a minefield...

Exactly, been there done that and was left for a true millionaire. However I bounced back and back up into the saddle, where I have moved on happily now.