Daughter of British couple murdered in Thailand angry as killers avoid death row

webfact

Daughter of British couple murdered in Thailand angry as killers avoid death row

AH.jpg

Alan Hogg and wife Nhot Suddaen are pictured when they were younger (Image: Daily Record)

Millionaire businessman Alan Hogg, 64, and his wife Nhot Suddaen, 61, were murdered at their mansion in Thailand and buried in a 6-ft deep hole after Nhot's jealous brother orchestrated the killings

The daughter of a British couple brutally murdered at their mansion in Thailand says their killers will no longer face the death penalty.

Millionaire businessman Alan Hogg, 64, was killed by a shotgun blast near his swimming pool, while his wife Nhot Suddaen, 61, was bludgeoned to death with a car wrench in the garage.

0_Thai-Police-and-workers-recover-the-bodies-of-a-British-citizen-Alan-Hogg-and-his-Thai-wife-in-Phra.jpg

The couple's bodies were found buried near a duck pond on their property (Image: REUTERS)

Their bodies were found buried in the garden of the 32-acre province in Phrae province in northern Thailand.

The couple's daughter Robyn Hogg, 33, was angry after being told that the killers' death sentences had been overturned recently.

Full story: https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/daughter-british-couple-murdered-thailand-22637538

MIrror.jpg

-- © Copyright Mirror 2020-09-07

• Sad 4

38 minutes ago, FlyingThai said:

Why not? The killers have received the death penalty in the country where the crime was committed.

So you're ok with those Iranian protestors being executed?  After all, they too have been sentenced to death.

• Confused 3

3 minutes ago, Reigntax said:

Unfortunately, it seems all to common.

I know. A lot could be said about the need to reform Thailand's criminal justice system. In my opinion, the death penalty should be abolished altogether, but those convicted for serious offenses should serve their time. I think the single biggest problem is that Thai prisons are overcrowded by mostly nonviolent drug offenders. There's an easy solution to that.

• Like 1

After reading the whole story in the linked article... I'm a bit lost for words on mentality of Thai men and how they believe other people's stuff belongs to them... and how easily they get convinced to end someone's life. Devout Buddhists and all that (from the size of amulets)... aren't they afraid of reincarnation?

1 hour ago, Caldera said:

I know. A lot could be said about the need to reform Thailand's criminal justice system. In my opinion, the death penalty should be abolished altogether, but those convicted for serious offenses should serve their time. I think the single biggest problem is that Thai prisons are overcrowded by mostly nonviolent drug offenders. There's an easy solution to that.

There is no such thing as a non-violent drug offense. That's a term coined by the liberal left in the west. Every drug transaction fuels a dangerous and cruel industry. Starting from production, trafficking, consumption, labor and deaths. This notion that someone is innocent just because he/she is a small consumer is misguided. Countries like Thailand, Singapore, Malaysia and Indonesia have it right: Any involvement in this trade poisons society and should be met with the harshest punishment.

Having lost a close family member to the circle of drugs myself (wholly due to his own fault and weaknesses) I wholeheartedly support tough laws. But if you have the death penalty then apply it strictly and get it over with quickly.

What I fear in this case is that some Thai who killed two foreigners isn't much of a priority to keep both on death row or even life imprisonment. I can see this scum getting out in 15-20 years due to a pardon or amnesty because "why not". Why do you think was the death sentence already overturned? Because the victims were foreigners, not locals.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

35 minutes ago, FlyingThai said:

There is no such thing as a non-violent drug offense.

Off topic, but in answer to your off topic post.

I used to grow cannabis back in the UK.

There was no violence anywhere in the process of growing, harvesting, drying and smoking it.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, tomazbodner said:

After reading the whole story in the linked article... I'm a bit lost for words on mentality of Thai men and how they believe other people's stuff belongs to them... and how easily they get convinced to end someone's life. Devout Buddhists and all that (from the size of amulets)... aren't they afraid of reincarnation?

Yea its a Thai men thing ???? I mean they don't have murders for financial gain in the UK ????

And devout Buddhists or Christians does not mean a thing. People registered to be Christian dont steal ?

What a load of B.S.

https://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/a-husband-attempts-murder-for-money-in-england

Im sure i can find more recent stuff of murders for financial gain in the UK. But this one i found quite violent.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

There was no violence anywhere in the process of growing, harvesting, drying and smoking it.

One could argue over if cannabis is a drug, controlled substance or recreational product and that largely depends on the local laws and regulations.

Wherever a product is outlawed there is criminal activity attached to it. Criminals usually apply violence. Cannabis is a soft product, the smell makes me sick to my stomach so I can't speak about how addictive it is but lets say someone gets addicted to cannabis or [insert substance of choice] and has no money to pay you or the middle man who sells it.

What do you think happens? More likely than not the addict will commit crimes to procure money for his fix. Be it theft, robbery or in the worst case robbery-homicides.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Perhaps off topic as well but never mind. Before I came to Thailand I used to drive a taxi part time in a provincial city. Not my job of choice, but I was caring for a mother with dementia, so it was the only job I could really do. One night I had the <deleted> beaten out of me by a couple of thugs because i wouldn't do a job "off the meter" - kicked in the head and losing some peripheral vision in my left eye. The policeman who dealt with it (they were prosecuted, although it was reduced from ABH to assault, they got suspended sentences) explained to me that they grew their own cannabis, and through sustained use of it were liable to be psychotic.

No violence, hmm!

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, FlyingThai said:

One could argue over if cannabis is a drug, controlled substance or recreational product and that largely depends on the local laws and regulations.

Wherever a product is outlawed there is criminal activity attached to it. Criminals usually apply violence. Cannabis is a soft product, the smell makes me sick to my stomach so I can't speak about how addictive it is but lets say someone gets addicted to cannabis or [insert substance of choice] and has no money to pay you or the middle man who sells it.

What do you think happens? More likely than not the addict will commit crimes to procure money for his fix. Be it theft, robbery or in the worst case robbery-homicides.

Bit strange reasoning.

If i were convicted for use as so often happens in Thailand I would be non violent. If I were convicted for stealing to support my habit it would be a violent drug crime. 

You  cant make up your own rules. Just so you know alcohol is a hard drug canabis just a soft drug with far less dangers then alcohol. 

• Haha 1