I can't make head nor tails of this

Kenny202

8 minutes ago, Mattd said:

Things such as this could be challenged in court, it also would be very unpopular.

What people have failed to mention is the fact that most of us can hop on a plane to our country of origin without being tested, very few countries require tests for arrivals, especially their own citizens.

In reality the pre-flight test means nothing, there have been several cases of quarantined people testing positive on either the first or the second test after arrival that had a negative test before flying.

IMHO the best way at the moment is to quarantine and test, so no pre-flight test for all.

I don't know if most of you blokes have checked your facts or not? I thought I was confused before making this post!

I have traveled all my life and have often picked really bad viruses up from flights. I can only imagine being in a confined space with air conditioning something like this must be able to travel around, mask or no mask. I don't believe airlines or their staff would give the ok to go on a plane with untested people, particularly from "hot" countries, of which there are many. Are you sure "many" countries don't require testing or quarantine? I highly doubt that. I think many countries have closed borders even to their own citizens testing or no testing. 

On 9/7/2020 at 1:41 PM, Mattd said:

You are missing the point, the Thai government probably cannot legally force their citizens do do a test to return home, whereas they can for foreigners, whether the airlines require a test is a different matter altogether and some airlines do require testing for all.

I don't agree. Thai government could insist on it as a condition to get on an airplane in relation to Covid 19. They are not denying citizens the right to return home.
If they are infected, they need quarantine / treatment before flying. 

Even if its a small number, people are being found to be infected and therefore other people on the airplane are being placed at unnecessary risk, including other Thais.

On 9/7/2020 at 2:06 PM, 2 is 1 said:

Hole test before flight is stupid! There are so many infected in ASQ hotels! All of them have tested before flight! So what that test help? Nothing! And do your coundry say to you: not come home if you have covid! Good Thailand not say like that! Definitely not main ! Its good thing! And its only 2% possibility to get covid in plane! Plane air system filtrate all sht away from air and air flow sideways , dirty air leave from floor valve!

Nobody is saying that you cannot come home if you have covid. That's nonsense.
If you already have covid and a test shows it, then you should not be allowed on a plane. Go and get it treated before infecting others.

Simple common sense and there should be no discrimination.
If people in Quarantine are being found to be infected, they could have caught it in flight from one another.
Whether its 2 % or not, You are aware that covid kills some people, and can severely impair the health?
There is an unacceptable risk from people being crammed into tight spaces with no distancing., contrary to the covid protocols.

I agree. I think most of the posters don't have a clue, same as the rest of us. I find it highly unlikely they would group a bunch of untested people on a plane thereby putting many more at risk, including airport staff and crew, and well as shipping them into Thailand. It just doesn't make sense. And what about people from extremely high risk countries. I would have thought there would be some protocol for different countries.

Having said this I have googled much of what has been discussed here and can not find any definitive answers to anything

On 9/7/2020 at 7:41 AM, Kenny202 said:

I hope this doesn't turn into an us and them post, not my intention. Just after a few facts to educate myself. Totally confused over the whole thing and no one seems to have any facts. Surely if you test and everyone who gets on a flight and enters Thailand is cleared already, no Covid would enter Thailand, not several infections a day anyway. It would appear to me either the tests are inconclusive, there is an undetectable incubation period or not everyone is being tested before arrival

Yes, the Thai nationals are not being tested...until they have arrived, by which time they could have infected the entire planeload of people how have all gone to the trouble and expense of being tested and got fit to fly documents before being allowed on the plane. 

On 9/7/2020 at 7:01 AM, Kenny202 said:

The DJ who was found positive in prison. What about whomever gave it to him? He was working in a night club in Bkk. There must be 1000s of possible cases before and after he was discovered?

Don’t say that Thailand is Covid free, except for that one DJ case of course. 

No testing answers your questions. 
Probably lots of mild or asymptomatic cases around.