Brexit back in crisis as UK threatens to undercut divorce pact

snoop1130

1 hour ago, Rookiescot said:

Not convinced the provisionals would actually restart their terror campaign. 

They will get what they want, a unified Ireland, far quicker and easier at the ballot box. 

There will always be a hard corp of unionists but they are not the majority. 

If both Irish are smart ...they go gor Unification as they lived now so many years in peace with eachother ....and if N.I. realize Boris play's here an " English" game and use them for his own agenda ....."divide & rule...."  the waves  ....maybe....?

So obious ...even brexiteers Conservatives are divided on this ....

About breaking a signature on a treaty....

you have to bear the name Boris for risking that..????

But maybe it does not need to come to that if the Bill would die in H.O.C.

Edited by david555
  • Like 2

(something is brewing there ….. and it is not beer....???? as even brexiteers Lords and a whip declare they refuse to vote in favor …..further in article online , as allowed posting is limited ..)

https://news.sky.com/story/brexit-conservative-rebels-could-yet-throw-boris-johnson-off-track-12068492

Brexit: Conservative rebels could yet throw Boris Johnson off track 
More striking is the nature of the revolt amongst Brexiteers - including a former Conservative leader and chancellor.

Sam Coates Thursday 10 September 2020 22:12, UK
Deputy political editor @SamCoatesSky

It seems there is no amount of pressure from the European Union that would make Boris Johnson yield over his plans to annul the Withdrawal Agreement.Via video link, representatives of every one of the EU's 27 countries joined a meeting of the Joint Committee implementing the Northern Ireland Protocol with Michael Gove and Maros Sefcovic, the European Commission's vice-president.
Mr Sefcovic protested. Mr Gove replied that the government would not back down.The apoplexy expressed by Europe - and a good deal of other international politicians - was priced in by Downing Street when they did this move.This is why it is unlikely to have much effect.

More dangerous for Number 10 is the pincer movement from the prime minister's own party, as we head towards votes on the legislation starting on Monday. Even the revolt on behalf of Tory MPs who voted Remain is proving more tricky since it is led by Theresa May - Mr Johnson's predecessor. Friends say she cannot support the legislation.Conveniently, however, she is understood to be out of the country on a long-planned trip, meaning she will avoid the consequences of failing to back it, which have in the past included being thrown out of the Tory parliamentary party.

much more

Edited by david555
  • Sad 1

18 hours ago, david555 said:

Did she guide Boris hand for signing maybe ….???? come on he wanted to sell his victory to his sheep cattle voters …..that time …. and now  ...yes another U-turn …..the man is not reliable and fit to be to PM.

Please tell your preferred choice of PM in order that I can retort .

Lets not pretend that there could not have been a worse time to take the reigns with Brexit plans  laid by the worse Tory politician ever ,  T May ,  ( also rotten H/Sec )  and then covid 19  to boot . 

Having said all that as a Boris believer I am disappointed at some of the Tory actions , especially the non quarantining at UK airports ( SAGE ? ) in the early covid days . Some have muted that a certain Dominic Cummings  has a major influence on what should be PM decisions     

7 minutes ago, superal said:

Please tell your preferred choice of PM in order that I can retort .

Lets not pretend that there could not have been a worse time to take the reigns with Brexit plans  laid by the worse Tory politician ever ,  T May ,  ( also rotten H/Sec )  and then covid 19  to boot . 

Having said all that as a Boris believer I am disappointed at some of the Tory actions , especially the non quarantining at UK airports ( SAGE ? ) in the early covid days . Some have muted that a certain Dominic Cummings  has a major influence on what should be PM decisions     

But somewhere there must be some capable person to lead your country in common sense ?? ……. or maybe there must be again call in the whole country for how ever to try take Excalibur out of the rock again …..????

PS: from now I call Boris fan's "Borisians " ….. or is that too much "Startrek kind " name ….???? ?

Edited by david555
  • Like 1
  • Sad 3

4 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

Maybe that's the end game - the Tories can get rid of NI by default? 

Conservatives would cut Northern Ireland loose from UK to deliver Brexit: poll

"Well over half of Conservative Party members would be prepared to sacrifice Northern Ireland to get the UK out of the European Union, a new poll has suggested.

And a fifth of grassroots Tories would be prepared to ditch Northern Ireland even if there was no Brexit debate, a YouGov survey of party members found.

Party members would rather destroy the Union, their party and suffer economic damage to ensure Brexit happens, according to the poll of the people who will decide the next prime minister."

Fantastic.

2 hours ago, david555 said:

But somewhere there must be some capable person to lead your country in common sense ?? ……. or maybe there must be again call in the whole country for how ever to try take Excalibur out of the rock again …..????

PS: from now I call Boris fan's "Borisians " ….. or is that too much "Startrek kind " name ….???? ?

Beam me up Spocky.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, crobe said:

Although CETA did not give the EU fishing vessels preferential access to Canadian Territorial waters, it did remove restrictions on landing catches and now EU vessels are allowed to land catches at Canadian ports.

The CETA deal is now credited with reviving the fishing industry especially in the provinces of Newfoundland and Labrador as it removed the tariff barriers enabling a boom in the sale of Canadian cold-water shrimp, lobster and cod into the EU markets.

So what's your point, in relation to what the EU are asking of the UK? 

Call their bluff Boris, the treaty is a bad one for the UK it takes away our total sovereignty and for me that is what the Brexit vote was all about, I want us to be free from Brussels there protectionism and there all controlling ways on everything

The government has used the Gina Miller Brexit case to try and justify going back on the “oven ready” Brexit withdrawal agreement Boris Johnson agreed with the EU this year.

The prime minister is attempting to take powers to renege on key sections of the deal if the UK and EU cannot agree on how Northern Ireland is treated when the standstill transition period ends on December 31.

European Commission vice president Maros Sefcovic has told Johnson to drop the laws in the Internal Market Bill by the end of the month and warned that he has “seriously damaged trust” needed for ongoing talks on a long-term trade deal.

Government Cites Gina Miller Case To Defend Breaching Own Brexit Deal

(no one else has touched it)

Edited by evadgib
  • Like 2

On 9/11/2020 at 12:38 PM, crobe said:

You may not like the politics of the SNP, but it is hard to argue that Nicola Sturgeon has not done a better job of managing the crisis in Scotland, has been much more honest and transparent, than Boris and his team.

In fact female leaders governments globally seem to be handling this better

Just one example - the Scottish chief medical officer had to resign over breaching Covid restrictions - compare that to the supine actions of Boris over the Cummings trip(s).

Or did you want a name from the Tory party - sorry - cannot help you there.

We all know that the UK epidemic centred around the densely populated London initially which took the brunt of the c19 hits . With Jockland being a long way from harms length the lower virus stats were predictable . 

We are drifting away from the main topic to which I have made my point but I for one await with interest the outcome of wash-up/enquiry into governments ( and SAGE ) covid performance . 

The stance and actions taken by the UK government in the EU negotiations has certainly shaken a few prams and woken a few daydreamers which may help avoid a stalemate caused by the OUR way or no way EU negotiators .

1 hour ago, superal said:

We all know that the UK epidemic centred around the densely populated London initially which took the brunt of the c19 hits . With Jockland being a long way from harms length the lower virus stats were predictable . 

We are drifting away from the main topic to which I have made my point but I for one await with interest the outcome of wash-up/enquiry into governments ( and SAGE ) covid performance . 

The stance and actions taken by the UK government in the EU negotiations has certainly shaken a few prams and woken a few daydreamers which may help avoid a stalemate caused by the OUR way or no way EU negotiators .

in 18 days we all shall see the outcome …. tick-tock !...if Boris shock therapy worked …,or blow up everything ….. I have  so my own idea already...????

Edited by david555
  • Like 2

‘Keep your meddling EU nose out!’ Guy Verhofstadt mocked over Brexit rant blaming Boris

GUY VERHOFSTADT has been brutally mocked on Twitter after he accused Boris Johnson of being a threat to the integrity of the UK.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/1334668/brexit-news-guy-verhofstadt-twitter-eu-trade-deal-boris-johnson-hard-brexit-update

Brexit LIVE: Remainer plot backfires as legal experts find loophole for Boris Johnson

A PLOT to torpedo Boris Johnson's controversial Internal Markets Bill is likely to fail because it offers a loophole which the Government can exploit, analysts have

https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/1334194/brexit-news-latest-boris-johnson-trade-talks-UK-EU-david-frost-michel-barnier-bob-neill

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, 3NUMBAS said:

Brexit LIVE: Remainer plot backfires as legal experts find loophole for Boris Johnson

A PLOT to torpedo Boris Johnson's controversial Internal Markets Bill is likely to fail because it offers a loophole which the Government can exploit, analysts have

https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/1334194/brexit-news-latest-boris-johnson-trade-talks-UK-EU-david-frost-michel-barnier-bob-neill

Have you read the link you posted? A side issue to distract. The parliamentary vote goes ahead.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Loiner said:

As a Northern Ireland denizen he is eminently qualified to tell the federast Verhofstadt to butt out. Similarly for all you Remainers and Euro bystanders. Anybody else you would like to smear with a lefty wikopedia quote, or would you prefer a Republican opinion which concurs with your own?

They've even recycled Dom-the-Weasel:

• Haha 1