Trump says he minimized coronavirus, didn't want to create panic: Woodward book

webfact

3 minutes ago, simple1 said:

Kayleigh McEnamy is not a bimbo, she's highly educated. Why has she gone down the path she's currently on? - no idea.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kayleigh_McEnany

mon·ey | \ ˈmə-nē  \
something generally accepted as a medium of exchange, a measure of value, or a means of payment

Edited by Tie Dye Samurai
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, sweatalot said:

and how deadly is the flu, hypertension, high blood lipids, obesity, alcohol, diabetes, stress, old age, traffic, live in Thailand ?

You have to see it in relation

So are you suggesting that it's all normal and we should forget personal distancing, hand washing and masks/shields, getting tested to see if you have the actual virus, and don't bother with treatments, all just a waste of time?

12 hours ago, TopDeadSenter said:

Searing honesty from man of peace and Nobel nominee Trump. He has done a magnificent job handling the virus. I don't care what the revisionists say, I remember him taking severe steps to limit travel and being bashed by the usual quarters with the usual lame insults. To my mind control fell apart when the leftist mobs hit the street in democrat run states. Hard to blame Trump for this, but maybe another party could rightfully take the blame?

Looking forward to Trump's next moves in the corona fight. I hope he unveils a vaccine just before Nov 3rd. 

The only bit of truth I took from this post were the words "My Mind Control". Oh...I am also so glad Trump is hard at work in the lab coming up with a way of being able to inject bleach by Nov 3rd since Trump himself is going to be the one that "unveils" the vaccine. You dont even see how shamless and desperate you are (or maybe you actually do) that your target is "just before Nov 3rd" and not "as soon possible for a safe and effective vaccine to be ready to protect the world". 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Skeptic7 said:

All he does is incite panic. His entire campaign is based on it. Surely you don't buy this load of ??????? 

Surely you don't disagree with my statement that not creating panic is a good thing?

• Confused 1

13 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Surely you don't disagree with my statement that not creating panic is a good thing?

Of course I don't disagree with YOUR stating it, but the painfully obvious point is that Trump saying it is just another instance of him whitewashing a turd. He's a "lier" (his spelling, not mine). Again telling yet another lie to cover up, slime and slither his way out of another one. Surely you don't buy it???

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Skeptic7 said:

Of course I don't disagree with YOUR stating it, but the painfully obvious point is that Trump saying it is just another instance of him whitewashing a turd. He's a "lier" (his spelling, not mine). Again telling yet another lie to cover up, slime and slither his way out of another one. Surely you don't buy it???

Ah well, you can read in a comment, in this case mine, anything you like.

1 minute ago, Hamus Yaigh said:

Nope, posted as an outsider with no dog in that fight who finds it hard to believe the bile spewed daily by both sides of the equation in that country.

Not aimed at you, aimed at the post you were replying to. I was agreeing with you.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, scorecard said:

Plenty of people world wide have good education with good grades, but can't apply their knowledge, doesn't help them to see issues etc., etc.

Three or 4 decades ago many big companies / multinationals tried to recruit the new uni graduates with the highest GPA (grade point average).

Some still do but many realized highest GPA is not a guarantee of high performance on the job, many of these companies now use a completely different recruitment approach often called assessment centers. 

15 hours ago, pacovl46 said:

How can you downplay something like a pandemic when you know exactly how dangerous it is?! That’s manslaughter in my book!!! 

I’m not sure if it reaches that leagle threshold but it’s certainly criminal negligence.all those dead Americans because trump was worried about the economy taking a hit well 190,000 dead and we are still getting killed economically and physically just cowardly incompetence are we tired of winning yet? But hey don jr girl friend that gargoyle woman says the best is yet to come!yeiks!!!

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Tug said:

I’m not sure if it reaches that leagle threshold but it’s certainly criminal negligence.all those dead Americans because trump was worried about the economy taking a hit well 190,000 dead and we are still getting killed economically and physically just cowardly incompetence are we tired of winning yet? But hey don jr girl friend that gargoyle woman says the best is yet to come!yeiks!!!

If you are "not sure" that it reaches the "legal threshold" then it cannot be "certainly" criminal negligence by your own words. The rest of your post likewise does not meet the non-nonsense speech threshold which demands coherence and logic of thought as in how A relates to B.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Damual Travesty said:

One of the greatest Presidents ever , precisely because he does not care what those outside the United States of America think of him. He is not in a global popularity contest.

Most people inside the United States believe Trump is the worst President ever.  What the heck are you talking about?

• Like 2

On 9/10/2020 at 7:37 AM, simple1 said:

Some old trump talking points, FUD - Fear, Uncertainty and Doubt. e.g. exactly which current Dems policy articulates Open Borders and outsourcing jobs to China?

Late term abortions - another false claim

https://www.statesman.com/news/20200227/fact-check-do-democrats-support-abortion-up-until-and-after-birth

Not a false claim. The law is what they have argued for is the only reason that there can be another side to the issue. When a Governor is on live television describing his view on how a Doctor would ethically handle a live birth abortion - that is not imagination. As for outsourcing of jobs to China, if this were not the case, then you would not have had a decline in manufacturing in the USA, as well as Obama quoted arguing that because we have a new world - manufacturing jobs would NOT be coming back to the USA. Propagandists are propagandists, the problem with them is that it is easy to see right through them as they attack the obvious with the opaque and the exceptions to the common case. The Austin American Statesman,I used to work there. Quite a liberal paper and wouldn't put much credence in a Democrat fact check. I almost forgot open borders, again this is a Democrat policy. A call to decriminalize the border, as well as complete agitation against the building of the wall, as well as supporting with money the caravans that were moving North. Something which Mexico has stopped with Federal troops on their side. Fear? yes I fear these and many other Democrat policies greatly - as should all Americans.

4 minutes ago, Damual Travesty said:

As for outsourcing of jobs to China,

Yes, trump businesses did so for years, while he was ranting against the practice.

5 minutes ago, Damual Travesty said:

I fear these and many other Democrat policies greatly - as should all Americans.

A member of the minority, the majority are diametrically opposed to trump's highly divisive rehtoric - roll on 03/11 for the elimination of trump and his sycophants. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, simple1 said:

Yes, trump businesses did so for years, while he was ranting against the practice.

A member of the minority, the majority are diametrically opposed to trump's highly divisive rehtoric - roll on 03/11 for the elimination of trump and his sycophants. 

We can revisit this issue on November the 4th. Will one of us have the courage to say we were wrong will be the question of the day.

3 minutes ago, Damual Travesty said:

We can revisit this issue on November the 4th. Will one of us have the courage to say we were wrong will be the question of the day.

No problem, but as per the last election I do not believe trump will receive the majority of votes, maybe can scrape though owing to the Electoral College process - hopefully not.

• Like 2