Can foreigners carry big knife like Thai?

chopper23

1 hour ago, Kenny202 said:

You are a foreigner here and the same as in a car / bike accident here. No matter whatever happened or who ever started you will likely end up in the wrong.

"No matter whatever happened or who ever started you will likely end up in the wrong".

Garbage, that's just an urban myth.

Edited by Hi Tea
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Damrongsak said:

I hope it's a concealed carry permit.  Open carry is right out.

------------------------------------------------------------

Over many years, I've had two occasions where I had a large knife either in my luggage or carrying in hand.  Both times I talked my way out of it.  In both cases, I had recently acquired them.  How else do you get them home?  I've also taken a suitcase with at least a dozen knives and many old farm tools through Don Mueang en route to the U.S.

When I was working with farmers (Peace Corps), I always had a machete in my backpack when riding in the boondocks.  But 40+ years ago in Loei, no one cared.

I tend to accumulate large knives.  Probably have close to 100, collected over 43 years.  I especially like the Hmong and Yao blades.

image.thumb.jpeg.41dcd811870aa99cd4b9b5a672ffd022.jpeg image.thumb.jpeg.7e88036edcd5b6c5327b33a150571450.jpeg image.jpeg.78be068aeefcf81a3d68414cd33f67aa.jpeg 1.28 MB · 0 downloads

The middle picture,the yellow blade is what i feel naked without.

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Kenny202 said:

I've met some total tossers here in my 10 years or so. Dreamers, BS artists.....wannabe bikies, vets, ex CIA, Black ops etc....to the point where I would prefer the company of Thais. People come on TV and post questions how to repair their car, or where they can get a particular type of food.....and are instantly set upon, ridiculed and kicked to the kerb.

Someone comes on here posts about their heroics with batons and knives (probably a limping overweight diabetic / geriatric who was a forklift driver for 30 years back home) and everyone chimes in with their equally ridiculous stories lol. Photos of knives you can buy for $10 at any local market as if you were Rambo. So we've finally found the level of acceptance here. Kindergarten.

This post absolutely takes the cake

No , but nice to know you are more than one can shake a stick at better than nobody else! Your smartnes lvl is way over our's! Maybe weight of your wallet make you sometimes so displeased in life, that you have to show bad feelings here!

We are whit you , remember Samaritans also can help ! Sometimes help much if you lay down on stomach little time!

19 hours ago, villageidiotY2K said:

https://www.kentaurguns.com/gas-guns-weapons/

How about gas guns?? 

There are huge selections on mega plaza yaowarat area priced at 1500~6000 baht. 

One shop's owner hides his small pistol behind the belt buckle. (not his Co ck) 

Some of Thsse gas pistols pump at 300 feet per second, and with metal pellets instead of plastic, can rip the skin to the bone.... 

Without firearm license 

Wouldn't mind one of them, just for fun, target practice in the backyard. Does anyone know if you can buy these in Korat or Khon Kaen? Or if you can buy online in Thailand and have one delivered?

• Like 1

People with small johnnies are often seen carrying big knives.

Have you seen in the magazine(US publication)  a line of white guys in police uniforms without their underpants and a line of ordinary black guys without their underpants.

You could see the differences in the sizes.

Someone sent this picture to the magazine to say the reason for the recent police bashing black is in the photo. Envy...

I couldn't stop laughing it's a good joke. I love people who are humorous.

Oh, if you are white when walking down the street you see a black guy you say, "I am sorry I am white"- that's another good joke.

• Confused 2

On 9/11/2020 at 1:21 AM, ChakaKhan said:

I bought a police baton in nong khai for 100 baht...about size of mini flashlight that extended when you snap it down....carried it on my bike for soi dogs to scare em off....no..never used it on anyone or dogs....

However I was lit up on sangsom one night and spotted a tuk tuk trying to scam 2 cute chinese gals needing to go to cm airport.....I drunkenly went to assist and he pulled a big knife on me...tapping it on the metal I recall.....the gals ran off.....I having liquid courage-sangsom in me, whipped out my baton and snapped it ready to go.....it was by TP gate when the army boys were there yrs back,,,a huge spotlight blinded me and thai yelling...some army guy rushed me and nabbed my baton, the tuk tuk took off.....

So there I am...after 2am middle of street, alone and drunk, tuk tuk gone, girls gone and me and the army guy who HAS my baton..Im thinking this is it, hes gonna beat me with my own weapon!...No idea what he was saying......a cop or higher army guy showed up and eventually gave it back to me and told me to go home......so dunno...after 1 had it on me and no one took it......either way as it was 100 bt and offered me some protection....I did leave it there when i came home as all I take is a carry on bag when Im in LOS

Good bar tale to tell these days but at the time I was pretty freaked out when that army guy took it..555

I got brass knuckles and pepper spray and stun gun at International Market toward the end of market near temple My Police Friends tell me 100 b fine , stun gun for Gf to ward off Soi dogs we were saved from 6 of them just the noise , pepper spray for her too , knuckle duster is mine

Edited by Ireland32
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, Kenny202 said:

The laws on these are unclear on air soft and gas guns, although they are freely sold in shops and malls. I was told by a policeman it is actually up to the policeman. The gas guns however are only about as powerful as a BB gun. Rip flesh to the bone no. I wouldn't want to get shot in the face with one at close range and it may be a deterrent but the other person may pull out a real gun. You are a foreigner here and the same as in a car / bike accident here. No matter whatever happened or who ever started you will likely end up in the wrong.

Airsoft guns are legal to sell and own, as long a you're using plastic pellets and not doing anything otherwise stupid with them.   There's a reasonable list of stuff that is prohibited, like torturing animals.  But that's for someone else to Google, and for your local popo to interpret.  That's where the policial (I made that word up) discretion comes in, deciding whether you're being stupid.  Good luck getting a firm answer there.

I bought 2 high power pellet rifles in Chinatown (one was .177, the other was .22), in the broad light of day.  They shot metal pellets, which I also bought in Chinatown in the open.  I gave them all away when I found out that they were illegal- the pellet guns and the pellets.  (Technically, they aren't illegal, but they're treated as firearms and ammo with all the licensing requirements that I did not meet- so illegal for me)   

I target shot with my airsoft pistol in my apartment, into a box full of wadded up papers.  It shot plastic pellets so I hung onto it.  But it never left my apartment.

Edited by impulse

17 hours ago, robblok said:

I did not say your baton was going to kill someone. You totally missed the point. Without the baton you might not have engaged the tuk tuk driver.

The baton + alcohol made you do stupid things. If no baton no confrontation. As far as weapons go its not a bad weapon as you said a knife does more damage.

Point was that weapons give extra courage and get one in trouble.

You would be wrong as Ive engaged many a tuk tuk scamming people as its wrong..One punched me right in the face and chased me into a 7-11 where I jumped behind the counter and pointed at the cameras on him, which he took off...The cops made me re-enact the scene and blew off the camera footage I had of him, as its always farangs fault---this was back when I thought police would help me....sans weapons and sangsom

4 hours ago, Ireland32 said:

I got brass knuckles and pepper spray and stun gun at International Market toward the end of market near temple My Police Friends tell me 100 b fine , stun gun for Gf to ward off Soi dogs we were saved from 6 of them just the noise , pepper spray for her too , knuckle duster is mine

I have almost gotten the spikes knuckle dusters but dont want to get that close to a p****d off thai...

11 hours ago, TSF said:

Wouldn't mind one of them, just for fun, target practice in the backyard. Does anyone know if you can buy these in Korat or Khon Kaen? Or if you can buy online in Thailand and have one delivered?

Hard to find a seller in Phitsanulok too.  Would like the metal pallet version to discourage stray dogs from hanging around.

• Like 1

In the UK, I had a special firearms permit that authorised me to own disguised weapons, such as walking stick shotguns, pen pistols etc, umbrella shotguns, shooting sticks etc.  Many of these weapons were manufactured in the Victorian era, although some were quite modern.  When I left the UK for warmer shores, I gave this collection to the Tower of London Armoury.

When sleeping in my house, I always have a metal baseball bat near my bed!  I've only had to use it on a cobra snake that disturbed me ....

• Confused 1

8 hours ago, impulse said:

Airsoft guns are legal to sell and own, as long a you're using plastic pellets and not doing anything otherwise stupid with them.   There's a reasonable list of stuff that is prohibited, like torturing animals.  But that's for someone else to Google, and for your local popo to interpret.  That's where the policial (I made that word up) discretion comes in, deciding whether you're being stupid.  Good luck getting a firm answer there.

I bought 2 high power pellet rifles in Chinatown (one was .177, the other was .22), in the broad light of day.  They shot metal pellets, which I also bought in Chinatown in the open.  I gave them all away when I found out that they were illegal- the pellet guns and the pellets.  (Technically, they aren't illegal, but they're treated as firearms and ammo with all the licensing requirements that I did not meet- so illegal for me)   

I target shot with my airsoft pistol in my apartment, into a box full of wadded up papers.  It shot plastic pellets so I hung onto it.  But it never left my apartment.

Yeh booii

I got my selecta in my house. 

Gas pistol and electric mp5. 

But I don't take them outside. 

Can they be used when one intrudes ur house? 

My choice would be steel stick for sharpening knives good for close quarter combat. 

Someone mentioned golf clubs, but they are useless in fight with nimble graphite shaft and can swing only from right to left with unbalanced weight. Me thinks. 

FB_IMG_1599959264255.jpg