UK PM Johnson appeals to party for support over controversial bill

rooster59

2 hours ago, Baerboxer said:

Several years ago, a law was introduced making it a criminal offense for anyone to encourage, persuade, bribe, coerce etc,, an organization to break a legally binding contract with another party for no valid reason.

Johnson, despicably, now seems to be doing just that. He's encouraging the UK to break it's legally binding contract with the EU for no valid legal reason.

He should be forced to resign and prosecuted.

Vienna convention law of treaties

https://legal.un.org/ilc/texts/instruments/english/conventions/1_1_1969.pdf

Noting that the principles of free consent and of good faith and the pacta sunt servanda rule are universally recognized, Affirming that disputes concerning treaties, like other international disputes, should be settled by peaceful means and in conformity with the principles of justice and international law,

http://www.oas.org/legal/english/docs/Vienna Convention Treaties.htm

Edited by Mavideol
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, RayC said:

Anyway enjoyable as this all is, I've got things to do. Robbing a bank actually. I'll be stealing the £50 notes but leaving the rest.  I accept that this breaks the law but it's only in "a specific and limited way" so, no doubt, all the  'Internal Bill' supporters, with their unique interpretation of the law, will be offering their help to me when I'm charged?

Not from me. There's plenty of Euros and Remainers who will have strung you up before you have been tried or mitigation heard. They are very quick when the pitchforks are out.
Another Remainer less for the TVF topics.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Loiner said:

Who cares what a lawyer acknowledges? They'll acknowledge anything they're paid to acknowledge. Lawyers are professional liars. I don't know why he's spit his dummy over this and don't really care. There will be another one along soon who says it's not breaking any law.

Lawyers lie but Johnson is a paragon of virtue, is that what you are saying?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, RayC said:

Anyway enjoyable as this all is, I've got things to do. Robbing a bank actually. I'll be stealing the £50 notes but leaving the rest.  I accept that this breaks the law but it's only in "a specific and limited way" so, no doubt, all the  'Internal Bill' supporters, with their unique interpretation of the law, will be offering their help to me when I'm charged?

Now that plan would make you a trendsetter. As such the Judge would see you as Senior and obviously let you off

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, rooster59 said:

UK PM Johnson appeals to party for support over controversial bill

he's going to have a hard or very hard time convincing some as they don't want to be part of the suicidal "brake " the law decision... how can he ask somebody to jump from the 50th floor without questioning him

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mavideol said:

he's going to have a hard or very hard time convincing some as they don't want to be part of the suicidal "brake " the law decision... how can he ask somebody to jump from the 50th floor without questioning him

Do you mean 'break' ?

• Sad 2

2 hours ago, Rookiescot said:

Its all going wrong aint it?

The UK was supposed to leave the EU and stride like a behemoth. 

Dictating the terms of withdrawal and forging a new empire.  

yes, the sees around it. Rule Britannia...

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, puipuitom said:

Soon the wold will say: "as honest as a Brit", as their signature under in international agreement is not worth the ink used

Oh I should imagine the world (a "wold" is something very different, an upland forest in rolling countryside - but then I acknowledge that English is not your first language, not withstanding your evident and often voiced enthusiasm for condemning our political process) is watching with some interest the EU's attempts to dictate matters to a sovereign nation which is no longer a member, Of course how they regard it will depend upon their own political stance. If they are upholders of democracy, parliamentary and national sovereignty they will probably quite understand and approve. If they are of the mind which yearns for an unelected Franco-German hegemony, dictating a sclerotic continental economic protection racket then they will no doubt think as you do!.

Edited by herfiehandbag
  • Thanks 1

EU revenge plot: BBC's Katya Adler exposes Brussels' plan to wipe out UK industries

THE BBC's Katya Adler has outlined the EU's threat to wipe out Britain's agricultural, car and financial industries if Britain defies Brussels again.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/1334350/EU-News-Brussels-BBC-Katya-Adler-Brexit-UK-industries-punishment-plan-latest-news