Traveling from London on Eva

A friend of mine has booked a flight from London to Bangkok on Eva for next week, he intends to now get a certificate from the Thai Embassy in London.

He has a British wife living in Chiangmai who didn’t make the business trip, he has a work permit.

i thought he has to book a repatriation flight with Thai via the embassy, he thinks he can use his flight with Eva.

Have I got it wrong, I do hope so?

36 minutes ago, marin said:

He wont be allowed in. Most likely he bought the flight off the internet.   He would not be allowed to board at point of departure.

Emirates have flights to from Dubai to Bangkok that are allowed to borar passenger with certificates of entry.

I can recall a report of the UK embassy issuing the COE for those flights for non Thai nationals.

5 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Emirates have flights to from Dubai to Bangkok that are allowed to borar passenger with certificates of entry.

I can recall a report of the UK embassy issuing the COE for those flights for non Thai nationals.

can recall or can't recall

In July I returned on an Embassy allocated Eva Air flight (with CoE and ASQ etc) at the time that was the only option. 

Since then, people have been permitted to purchase an Emirates flight and apply for Certificate of Entry with proof of flight (and all other documents, insurance, ASQ etc)

It remains unclear if the premising to return is on Embassy allocated flights and just Emirates, or if its Embassy allocated flight and ‘other’ approved flight. 

The Op has already bought his flight - the best he can do now is secure a refundable ASQ and all the other required documents and apply for his CoE. 

1 minute ago, Nout said:

My understanding is that if you have a flight repatriation or otherwise, a clean covid test taken at the correct time then you can get a COE and AQA to enable you to fly.

Emirates certainly arranged that with CAAT.  KLM also appeared to have done, but the flight segments to BKK seem to have been pulled from the booking engine a few days ago.

EVA may have done in the past, but I don't think this particular flight is going to be operating for the next while anyway.  Even the Sunday only flight that had been running appears to have been pulled from the schedule, along with the LHR-TPE direct.

9 minutes ago, treetops said:

EVA may have done in the past, but I don't think this particular flight is going to be operating for the next while anyway.  Even the Sunday only flight that had been running appears to have been pulled from the schedule, along with the LHR-TPE direct.

I think the flight has been cancelled since he bought the ticket.  He should contact the airline and ask them.

2 minutes ago, Phillip9 said:

I think the flight has been cancelled since he bought the ticket.  He should contact the airline and ask them.

I would agree, but normally the airline would have contacted him in this situation.  He should at least have been using the Manage a Booking (or whatever EVA call it) feature on the website to check the status.

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

As I have posted on numerous threads  -                                                                                         

Posted September 8

This appeared on the Thai Embassy London's Facebook page, however its was posted in a reply well down the thread. The poster also checked up with the embassy and confirmed that it can issue a COE 

"Thai Embassy London confirmed that they are issuing CoE for these Emirates flights, subject to all the same CoE criteria as the repatriation flights.
However they will need sufficient notice to issue the CoE due to the additional requests they are now receiving for these additional flights."

The announcement below came from the UAE Thai Embassy.

With reference to the Emirates Airline’s announcement regarding the resumption of passenger services to Bangkok with daily flights starting from 1 September 2020. The Royal Thai Consulate-General in Dubai would like to clarify as follows:

1. Emirates Airline has been approved by the CAAT to operate commercial flights to Bangkok currently from the period of 1 September – 24 October 2020. However, the abovementioned commercial flights are operating only for “NON-THAI NATIONALS” in permitted types according to current Thai laws and regulations. Those who which to enter Thailand via these commercial flights should study the guided procedures in the infographic below.

2 hours ago, Upnotover said:

Be interesting to know who sold him that ticket?  Perhaps the return leg of a BKK>>LHR Sunday flight, which have been flying regularly.  They certainly haven't been returning though. 

I don't where he got it from, but it's was the return leg of an outward journey he made last month.