Rincome Junction Plans

Larry

We live in mooban Nantawan, just off Niemmenhaemen. The mooban is adjacent to a large piece of land on the corner of Huay Keaw and Niemmenhaemin Roads. Lately, a new fence went up around the land, and there is a new sign on the fence with the name of a developer (but no phone number). Perhaps someone in the know...or together with someone in the know...can enlighten us as to the plans for this piece of land.

Thanks

gonna get messy - plans to widen most of Niman, but no idea when its supposed to start.

Plan to widen Niman Rd. Great news. But would not the money be better spent completing construction of the super Hiway? but thats another thread for the CM forum.

Apparently the plans to widen Nim road are meeting huge opposition because of all the big wigs living in the area: there are enough big noodles to break a guiness record. I also don't understand why, instead of slicing a highway down the vibrant Nim area (thereby killing a neighbourhood, because there is no way you will be able to cut across from side to side, and what will happen to the parking for all the businesses in the area? It is bad enough as it is), they don't simply cut a road accross from the superhighway somewhere near Jed Yod straight onto the canal road then do some negotiating with Wing 41 to connect the canal to Mahidol, or even further out to the second ring road. That way it becomes a ring road proper. I think that the whole CMU?Nim area is congested enough as it is without putting a four land highway through it. And as I have to cross the road to work every day, I fully admit that my reasoning is selfish!

> Apparently the plans to widen Nim road are meeting huge opposition because of all the big wigs living in the area:

Possibly, but don't count on it.. Typically, the bigger the road, the higher the value of property next to it. And traffic noise don't mean nuttin' to most Thais anyway. It's the sound of money. Still, while Nimmanhaemin can be somewhat widened/improved, surely there's no space for a 4 lane highway? I think it will just be somewhat widened and beautified.

But I think the question was about the big plot of land next to Nantawan, the plot where those 'cat boot sale market' used to be held.

Want my prediction? There will be a combined condo/stores/office building higher than you can possibly imagine. :o

> then do some negotiating with Wing 41 to connect the canal to Mahidol,

They've been trying that for 20 years if not more. Read the back issues of your magazine.. :D Did you by any chance forget who runs this country? :D

Cheers,

Chanchao

Edited by chanchao

We live in mooban Nantawan, just off Niemmenhaemen. The mooban is adjacent to a large piece of land on the corner of Huay Keaw and Niemmenhaemin Roads. Lately, a new fence went up around the land, and there is a new sign on the fence with the name of a developer (but no phone number). Perhaps someone in the know...or together with someone in the know...can enlighten us as to the plans for this piece of land.

Thanks

Perhaps it will be a station on the much talked about and anticipated mass transit system…over ground, under ground wombbling free :o

..... why, instead of slicing a highway down the vibrant Nim area...... they don't simply cut a road accross from the superhighway somewhere near Jed Yod straight onto the canal road then do some negotiating with Wing 41 to connect the canal to Mahidol, or even further out to the second ring road. That way it becomes a ring road proper.

I reckon it is the same reason that the RTAF generals were unwilling to cede their half of Don Muang to the civil authorities. They see the land as belonging to them and would want the government not only to pay them for the land and housing, but also to pay them for all relocation costs, including new land. By the way, Wing 41 could easily be relocated to the little used airfield north of town towards Mae Rim used by the RTA.