Experts raise questions about severity of Trump's COVID-19

webfact

21 minutes ago, Tie Dye Samurai said:

"Debunked" as in "the guys that Trump orders around followed Trump's orders by saying the joy ride was safe (such a joke) as opposed to the director or the military hospital, who does not have to fear Dear President's repercussions, saying Trump is a selfish fool that put secret service in harm's way for a photo op and ego boost. (in other words following science and basic common sense of being quarantined with a deadly virus).

What is completely debunked is Riclag's integrity

The director of the military hospital isn't directing the treatment ! According to Mr. Trumps spokesperson he was given the ok to proceed by the doctors and others that supported it.! Please put the director on the microphone  in front of the Mr. Trumps medical doctors when they do a press conference on Mr. Trumps progress so that nitwit can voice his opinion instead of voicing it with reuters

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, asiacurious said:
11 hours ago, J Town said:

According to CDC guidelines, “In general, transport and movement of a patient with suspected or confirmed SARS-CoV-2 infection outside of their room should be limited to medically essential purposes.”

Stroking one's ego is hardly medically essential.

https://abcnews.go.com/Health/wireStory/trump-takes-car-ride-ignoring-covid-infection-73424268

Hmmm.....  Now I'm a bit torn  In Trump's case, stroking his ego might actually be medically essential.  

Ok, I'm even more sure that it really IS a medically essential.....

It must feel like he's locked up inside a prison.

He really might want to stay a bit longer so he can get comfortable with that feeling.

Edited by asiacurious

Is Trump's latest Covid-19 test negative?

Tweet

Conversation

I will be leaving the great Walter Reed Medical Center today at 6:30 P.M. Feeling really good! Don’t be afraid of Covid. Don’t let it dominate your life. We have developed, under the Trump Administration, some really great drugs & knowledge. I feel better than I did 20 years ago!

Edited by Maestro
added postscript

5 minutes ago, Maestro said:

Is Trump's latest Covid-19 test negative?

No, it would not be negative.   He will remain infected and infectious for quite some time.   Even after the symptoms are gone it is recommended you remain isolated for 10 days.   I believe this is shorter once you test negative.  

• Thanks 1

So the USA leader can feel good today, but get a relapse.  Oh...  wouldn't  that be to bad.  Well guess we all have to wait to see what next week brings.  How many others in the White house will be infected and sick.  The saga continues,

but I am sure we will see it all via the news media outlets.

Geezer

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, J Town said:

This is simply reckless behavior. He tells a nation to drink bleach

Fact-check: Did Trump tell people to drink bleach to kill the coronavirus?

PolitiFact’s ruling: Mostly False.

https://www.statesman.com/news/20200713/fact-check-did-trump-tell-people-to-drink-bleach-to-kill-coronavirus

Floating an idea is not the same as telling someone to do something. Deliberately false and misleading statements are not allowed on this forum. Now you know the facts surrounding your repeated and false claim. 

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, TopDeadSenter said:

Floating an idea is not the same as telling someone to do something.

Normally true, but not with trump followers - remember the flood of calls to health officials to confirm if OK to go ahead with trump's 'ideas'. trump should not be speculating on matters crucial for the nation's health, only talking to empirically proven medical advice.

trump's latest foolishness and complete disregard for others safety with his appearance at the WH after leaving hospital again demonstrates he is unfit to represent the Office of the President of the USA.

Currently polls are showing Biden well ahead of trump, hopefully the trend continues so we will see the removal of trump and his awful enablers in the near future - no more disgusting posed images of ignominious Mussolini style strutting by trump!

Edited by simple1
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, simple1 said:

Normally true, but not with trump followers - remember the flood of calls to health officials to confirm if OK to go ahead with trump's 'ideas'. trump should not be speculating on matters crucial for the nation's health, only talking to empirically proven medical advice.

trump's latest foolishness and complete disregard for others safety with his appearance at the WH after leaving hospital again demonstrates he is unfit to represent the Office of the President of the USA.

Currently polls are showing Biden well ahead of trump, hopefully the trend continues so we will see the removal of trump and his awful enablers in the near future - no more disgusting posed images of ignominious Mussolini style strutting by trump!

Polls show Biden's lead to be much smaller or non-existent in critical swing states, most notably Florida which appears to be very evenly divided.  If you are a US citizen, vote!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, heybruce said:

Polls show Biden's lead to be much smaller or non-existent in critical swing states, most notably Florida which appears to be very evenly divided.  If you are a US citizen, vote!

I'm not a US citizen. Dems have so much ammo against trump, Dems must focus and break through the wall of disinformation enabling trump. Having trump in power for another four years will be terrible for Western democracies and IMO, for US domestic wellbeing.

Edited by simple1
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, simple1 said:

I'm not a US citizen. Dems have so much ammo against trump, Dems must focus and break through the wall of disinformation enabling trump. Having trump in power for another four years will be terrible for Western democracies and IMO, for US domestic wellbeing.

As @heybruce said, the immediate effect of information seems a bit limited - what with people hanging on to narratives as  scripture, when beliefs and opinions trump facts and reality, and when a counter-narrative made out of 'alternative facts' is easy to produce. Don't get me wrong, information is important, but maybe more so as a long term, sustained effort.

With regard to the upcoming elections, and polling trends, there's too little change as far as undecided votes and swing states are concerned. Attempting to 'convert' people who's mind is make up is not impossible, but might not be the best use of political energy.

Rather, I think that for Biden's campaign this is now more about making sure supporters actually cast their vote. Get in the numbers you already 'have', then worry (maybe) about getting extra.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Morch said:

As @heybruce said, the immediate effect of information seems a bit limited - what with people hanging on to narratives as  scripture, when beliefs and opinions trump facts and reality, and when a counter-narrative made out of 'alternative facts' is easy to produce. Don't get me wrong, information is important, but maybe more so as a long term, sustained effort.

With regard to the upcoming elections, and polling trends, there's too little change as far as undecided votes and swing states are concerned. Attempting to 'convert' people who's mind is make up is not impossible, but might not be the best use of political energy.

Rather, I think that for Biden's campaign this is now more about making sure supporters actually cast their vote. Get in the numbers you already 'have', then worry (maybe) about getting extra.

I just finished watching a doco from a program named Dateline which is broadcast in Australia; don't know if can logon from overseas, but link below. The doco talked to the 2016 trump election campaign working with Cambridge Analytica on discouraging African Americans voting for Clinton in swing States by way of targeted messaging; it was remarkably successful with big reductions in African American voters. One hopes the Dems learnt the necessary lessons and can effectively counter this time round.

https://www.sbs.com.au/news/dateline/trump-campaign-worked-to-deter-black-voters-to-win-last-election-here-s-how

On 10/5/2020 at 12:41 PM, riclag said:

Here's another source lol

"White House spokesman Judd Deere defended the outing, telling reporters that “appropriate precautions were taken in the execution of this movement to protect the president and all those supporting it.” Deere said precautions included personal protective equipment, without providing further details, and added that the trip “was cleared by the medical team as safe to do.”

https://www.adn.com/nation-world/2020/10/04/secret-service-agents-doctors-aghast-at-trumps-drive-outside-hospital/

Yes, and of course there would be no consequences if they hadn't "cleared" the trip. You can tell, because the same medical team admitted that they had lied repeatedly about the President's condition in order that it was "upbeat". 

Remember, the best medicine comes from people who habitually lie and change their protocols and processes according to the whims of the patient.