Thailand delays hosting of first foreign tourists since April

snoop1130

On 10/8/2020 at 10:15 PM, snoop1130 said:

In September, the TAT said some 120 tourists on special long-stay visas would fly directly from Guangzhou to the resort island of Phuket this week, but their travel has been delayed.

Stupid obsession with China.

1 hour ago, Pracha Duang said:

The only country that has handled the coronavirus appropriately is the USA. The US has already opened it's borders to international travel without quarantine. My sister has already traveled to Mexico and is heading to Rio in Brazil next month. No quarantine on either side.

Sadly, most only listen to the Fake News mainstream media so they mistakenly believe covid is responsible for 210,000 American deaths.

The case fatality rate is the most important number to look at when examining how well America has done on covid-19 relative to other developed countries.

Case fatality rate= (# of covid deaths) / (#of covid cases) * 100%

Here are the facts:

The US has a case fatality rate of 2.8% which is lower than most developed European countries like Germany, France, Italy, Spain, UK, Sweden and Finland. If a person gets infected with covid they have a better chance of recovery and not dying in the US than in any other developed country.

These are the facts. The data can be verified on the CDC website.

We also know with certainty that of the 210,000 people that have died with covid in their system, 94% had 1 or more serious health conditions.

For example, if you had terminal cancer but died covid positive, your death was counted as a covid death and not a cancer death. The bottom line is that we do not know if this person died from cancer or covid. We will never know. 

Therefore, we can only definitively say that 6% of the 210,000 that “supposedly” died of covid actually died of covid. We cannot say for sure what the other 94% died from. Was it covid? Or was it heart disease, cancer, diabetes, morbid obesity etc?? We really don’t know and we will never know. 

However, we can say with certainty that 94% of those that died of covid were extraordinarily unhealthy and had at least 1 serious health condition, in many cases the serious health condition having a much higher death rate than covid itself ( even when you count all 210,000 deaths ).

We can only say with certainty that 6% or 12,600 Americans died solely from covid-19.

These are the facts. They cannot be argued against as the data is readily available on the CDC website.

Your spin makes it sound like:

- unless you died then having caught COVID doesn't count

- as long as you lived, catching COVID did not affect the person or their family/friends

- if you went to the hospital because you caught COVID but have some other chronic disease/issue that you have had for many years, then COVID wasn't the prime cause of death...blame it on the other disease (sounds like Donald's approach....blame it on something else...don't take responsibility)

Creative spin....I'm sure FoxNews would repeat it...or Donald even retweet it. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/8/2020 at 6:30 PM, Flying Saucage said:

Wow! So it's all a big lie, a big scam, a big bubble!

Welcome to Thailand, the land of lies :cheesy:

Control Control Control , predicated by Fear, Fear, Fear all just an experiment that has failed , in an attempt to combat a discredited Climate change science that hides under global bankers , no mention to the people whose  lives are destroyed by representative Govt actions

Time for accountability of the Govt people

4 hours ago, Pracha Duang said:

The only country that has handled the coronavirus appropriately is the USA. 

Wow . I beleive this is now called Trumpian logic . Twist reality and you can make a case for anything .

"The problem is the testing not the disease " ????.

Only the USA has handled  the virus appropriately is beyond absurd . What is happening is 

Making America Grab it;s Ankles

Having said that I will also point out Thailand is doing a poor job of balancing safety with allowing citizens to make a living . The government is over complicating a manageable system but taking little to no responsiblity in helping the country to recover . Sound familiar ? . 

2 or 3 week tourists aren't submitting to a 2 week quarantine. The target group is long stay like O-visa retiree's .  No problem to demand testing prior to flight and then after arrival . Confirm insurance in place again makes sense . 14 day quarantine is universally accepted as the standard and makes sense.

Test on day 14 then if negative release into the wild and allow the service industries access to customers who will be required to be masked until further notice ,

Right now Covid 19 is manging the government and they need to turn it around . 

12 hours ago, shackleton said:

Its amazing how many people are complaining about Thailand 

But still want to return 

I can understand the ones with family property here ect

But the normal Tourist does have a choice of waiting or going else where

There are other  places in the world to see

There are very few options for the dirty farang to visit in asia. Thailand is closed to the "normal" tourist, and so are most other asian countries

A week ago I got accepted for a repatriation flight from CPH to BKK this Sunday.
I booked and payed for the hotel, the flight ticket (thai airways only and a peng peng one), health insurance and sent copies of everything to the RT Embassy.

Yesterday (2days before lift off) I got a call from the embassy informing me that I hade to come to the embassy (meaning driving 240 kilometers) because my one year Non O visa extension (valid until late February) was not valid for this trip and I had to apply for another Non O - Visa 3 month singel entry.
I asked if they would refund me for that one year visa extension with multiple entry as they obviously revoked it - the lady at the embassy looked at me as if i came from outer space and speaking a language she did not understand.

TIT = this is Thailand.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Any countries who thinks can’t get back to normal uncontrolled life especially closing their boarders because of this casual flue like virus similarly we all are having continuously and every year, are making a huge mistake for their nation end economy.  

People have been fall a sick and those die who already have had other health issues and the same time people are recovering based on their lifestyle and immune system. I don’t see any difference this time as well other than at some level making a huge business of this while the others are suffering these futile recessions. 

6 hours ago, Pracha Duang said:

The only country that has handled the coronavirus appropriately is the USA. The US has already opened it's borders to international travel without quarantine. My sister has already traveled to Mexico and is heading to Rio in Brazil next month. No quarantine on either side.

Sadly, most only listen to the Fake News mainstream media so they mistakenly believe covid is responsible for 210,000 American deaths.

The case fatality rate is the most important number to look at when examining how well America has done on covid-19 relative to other developed countries.

Case fatality rate= (# of covid deaths) / (#of covid cases) * 100%

Here are the facts:

The US has a case fatality rate of 2.8% which is lower than most developed European countries like Germany, France, Italy, Spain, UK, Sweden and Finland. If a person gets infected with covid they have a better chance of recovery and not dying in the US than in any other developed country.

These are the facts. The data can be verified on the CDC website.

We also know with certainty that of the 210,000 people that have died with covid in their system, 94% had 1 or more serious health conditions.

For example, if you had terminal cancer but died covid positive, your death was counted as a covid death and not a cancer death. The bottom line is that we do not know if this person died from cancer or covid. We will never know. 

Therefore, we can only definitively say that 6% of the 210,000 that “supposedly” died of covid actually died of covid. We cannot say for sure what the other 94% died from. Was it covid? Or was it heart disease, cancer, diabetes, morbid obesity etc?? We really don’t know and we will never know. 

However, we can say with certainty that 94% of those that died of covid were extraordinarily unhealthy and had at least 1 serious health condition, in many cases the serious health condition having a much higher death rate than covid itself ( even when you count all 210,000 deaths ).

We can only say with certainty that 6% or 12,600 Americans died solely from covid-19.

These are the facts. They cannot be argued against as the data is readily available on the CDC website.

Why single out Covid....the same could be said about any other virus...

When I see a newbie who sends out a message that suggests anything positive about the USA handling the covid 19 virus effeciantly and doing a great job, is either an American, who just cannot see how badly the country is doing at present, or a fake news expert who is trying to get us to

go visit the USA because they need the tourist dollars like most countries do. I know the the USA needs tourism, if only for

the Disney properties, Las Vegas, Reno, and other places that need the tourist bucks. Good luck USA, I have no plans to

visit there until the virus is virtually gone from your soil. I would take my chances to go to some tropical country

where the people are not shy about wearing masks, or trying to social distance, and be cautious. I realize that not all

Americans are anti-maskers, or anti-vaxcers , sorry for the spelling,  or such, but there are enough people I see on 

many news stories that are too red neck to mask up, that I will avoid that country.  Thailand please make it possible to

get your long term tourists to  return, and give us more choices for our 2 week quarantine without the huge costs 

of they typical 5 star hotel rates, and more of us may  come for 3 to 6 months, as long as the visa costs are not

bumped up as well, and the need to leave the country anytime no matter how long we want to visit.

Geezer

This goes to show how Thailand depends so much on foreign tourists especially Chinese.

There are many foreign retirees and foreigners married to Thai but they don't make any difference if you see how the GDP contracted at 7.8%

6 hours ago, Pib said:

Your spin makes it sound like:

- unless you died then having caught COVID doesn't count

- as long as you lived, catching COVID did not affect the person or their family/friends

- if you went to the hospital because you caught COVID but have some other chronic disease/issue that you have had for many years, then COVID wasn't the prime cause of death...blame it on the other disease (sounds like Donald's approach....blame it on something else...don't take responsibility)

Creative spin....I'm sure FoxNews would repeat it...or Donald even retweet it. 

you definitely miss-understand what it explained, so we can see that you can not understand.

So now we are sure about something: you are stupid.

1 hour ago, baansgr said:

Why single out Covid....the same could be said about any other virus...

not the Ebola. Ebola kill around 80% of infected people, and we are sure about the symptoms of Ebola.

COVID-19 is a big international lie and no more than a season flue who is particular to be transmit quickly.

It will be also particular by the facts to be something happened (to cover) just when the biggest world wild free market economy crash was no longer been avoided (no liquidity in the banks).

Many scientists (and first in the list: the world better one without any interest conflict) explain again and again that this COVID situation can no more be call a pandemic situation and kill same as season flu and that what ever any decision (xenophobic or freedom killer ones) serve nothing. Scientists and doctor explain that for people to be able to fight any problem, they should not be afraid...

But actually, everthing is done for make people afraid, then stay home, use money but loose any job (so use liquidity). Look as it is: every time a value is good, they change to find an other one value criteria to try to make people afraid again (even if they lie with stupid interpretation with poor numbers used and dumb binary ideas).

Sure, after COVID, world will be changed... but how ?

I think, ok... some people are really stupid and it is easy to make them afraid and to manipulate them to cover anything wrong, but not everybody.

Most of people now are not so stupid and not trust anything so easily without search more than what "Polpot-TV or Musolini-TV" said.

It is not like everybody only look at sport at TV and play loto in bars.

On 10/8/2020 at 11:51 AM, connda said:

Soon to be a NYT best-seller!

Thailand: How To Lose Friends and Make Enemies

Chapter 1 - Make plans, break plan, refuse refunds

Chapter 2 - Excuse-making as a function of saving face

Chapter 3 - Is there really a smile behind the mask?

Chapter 4 - The role of polls: "Dirty foreigner not wanted

yada yada yada......

Chapter 5-Revenge of the Grandpas! (Blue Diamond Pt 2)

Seems this may not fare well with the Chinese-- No refunds.....kinda biting the hand that feeds

Can imagine Wechat is lighting up about this and its not good news for LOS....mama cup promo cancelled

• Like 1

the average thai person really has no idea the crisis they are in. i talked to some who still think the phuket model is in place. they also think foreigners from all countries will be arriving this month. really sad times. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

When I see a newbie who sends out a message that suggests anything positive about the USA handling the covid 19 virus effeciantly and doing a great job, is either an American, who just cannot see how badly the country is doing at present, or a fake news expert who is trying to get us to

go visit the USA because they need the tourist dollars like most countries do. I know the the USA needs tourism, if only for

the Disney properties, Las Vegas, Reno, and other places that need the tourist bucks. Good luck USA, I have no plans to

visit there until the virus is virtually gone from your soil. I would take my chances to go to some tropical country

where the people are not shy about wearing masks, or trying to social distance, and be cautious. I realize that not all

Americans are anti-maskers, or anti-vaxcers , sorry for the spelling,  or such, but there are enough people I see on 

many news stories that are too red neck to mask up, that I will avoid that country.  Thailand please make it possible to

get your long term tourists to  return, and give us more choices for our 2 week quarantine without the huge costs 

of they typical 5 star hotel rates, and more of us may  come for 3 to 6 months, as long as the visa costs are not

bumped up as well, and the need to leave the country anytime no matter how long we want to visit.

Geezer

You seem to forget that we don't want you to come to America. If you don't like America you should petition your government to give back all the foreign aid package money we gave you over the years. We are sick and tired of paying for the rest of the world ????

On 10/8/2020 at 8:33 AM, RickBradford said:

Either you open the country totally, no conditions, no rules, or you don't.

Nobody is going to come with 2-week quarantines, charter flights, mandatory insurance, especially as all of these conditions could change, or the whole country be closed down again at a moment's notice, if someone appears to contract Covid.

The Thai government, like many others, has painted itself into a corner by suggesting that the only social and economic metric that counts these days is "number of infections due to Covid".

They have successfully scared the population so thoroughly, that they cannot possibly U-turn now, thus dooming the Thai hospitality and service industries to extinction.

For those hanging on for a safe and effective vaccine to swoop in and save the situation, history shows that they are betting on a long shot - at best.

Ohhh, you and your common sense; you're no fun