Bali retirement vs TH retirement during covid--Amazing difference

steelepulse

How is your friend going to get to Bali given that it's closed to foreign arrivals, other than these four categories?

https://www.bali.com/travel-restrictions-corona-ban-bali-indonesia.html

For the moment all foreign arrivals (tourism) to Indonesia have been banned until further notice.

However, Indonesia Immigration has given some exemptions for foreigner to enter Bali or other areas for several specific reasons, such as:

1. Humanitarian activities
  2. Volunteering Activities
  3. Family reunion
  4. Business or Investment visit

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Guderian said:

How is your friend going to get to Bali given that it's closed to foreign arrivals, other than these four categories?

For the moment all foreign arrivals (tourism) to Indonesia have been banned until further notice.

However, Indonesia Immigration has given some exemptions for foreigner to enter Bali or other areas for several specific reasons, such as:

3. Family reunion

How hard is the biz visa to get? 

I  have lived in Bali its highly overrated and according to my friends still there like a shadow .No tourists and more restrictions re virus as its increasing .The Balinese are pleasant but my house was broken into 3 times .Add the occasional eruption and earthquake lack of world standard medical facilities are a huge negative . Vietnam is easy to get retirement visa too  

• Thanks 2

25 minutes ago, Guderian said:

3. Family reunion

Pretty simple, pay an agent less than $500 or get a sponsor letter.  Always helps to read the thread before asking what has already been answered.

• Like 1

On 10/8/2020 at 5:36 PM, steven100 said:

Then why do they burn the Australian and US & UK flags every so often then ,   funny way of friendly and welcoming ...   lol

image.png.5514bae818d17656c1ff62c8ec1005c3.png

image.png.4c3b995d26cf22f50d707d2e7597e7f5.png

image.png.77e3c946e54ee59285268d3f19de86d3.png

Yes.... you can find this in any country..... But that doesn't mean that all Indonesians are same.....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Boomer6969 said:

Thanks.

I dare to add that the burning flags are symbols of rejected (former?) imperialistic policies of these countries and not the rejection of their people.

And frankly, could we blame them, let's get back to our history books; Indonesia is one of the countries who suffered most from colonialism.

Dutch colonialism !  And we all know how 'superior' they were.

2 hours ago, Hamus Yaigh said:

So a point about the pro's and con's of Bali (not the same as Indonesia) and Thailand descends into a spelling squabble. Says a lot about some of the replies and personal agendas.

Ignore him, its a sign of "last resort desperation"

2 hours ago, steven100 said:

possibly,  but not forgetting Australia gives AUD$300mil in aid to Indonesia ....  

however, that may change ...

Officials in Jakarta plan to set aside $1 billion for the new Indonesian Agency for International Development by 2021, and distribute $60 million on foreign aid annually under the program.

Indonesia is Australia’s second largest aid recipient, receiving almost $300 million a year in aid in the 2019-2020 budget.

Tom Elliott called for Australia to end foreign aid to the neighbouring country immediately because of the aid program.

“Why on earth are we giving Australian taxpayers money to Indonesia, only for Indonesia to turn around and say ‘look, we actually don’t need that. We’re going to give it to other countries instead’?,’ the 3AW Drive host said.

“It is just ridiculous.

“We should cancel all aid to Indonesia immediately.

Last year, after they got their big "foreign aid" cheque from Australia, the Indonesians went out and bought a new helicopter attack squadron, they sure needed financial aid.

I think the majority of Indonesians or Balinese people are good and welcoming ..... it's the same as Thailand where you have pockets of extremists or regions where they dislike foreigners. Look at the island around Thailand, they rely heavily on tourists yet they despise them.  Is it that they consider the farang as an invader of there homeland and their privacy, and also they are resentful that farang has money and they are poor and the expat can afford to travel and take their photos like they are on show.  

Meanwhile these friendly Indonesians are sending troops and police to West Irian jaya where they continue to murder and torture unarmed natives, burning their villages. Yes nice friendly people are the Indonesians. The Indo Special forces were doing the same in Timor until the Aussie army moved in and gave them a "bloody nose"

Edited by Huckenfell
not finished
  • Like 1

On 10/9/2020 at 7:36 AM, steven100 said:

Then why do they burn the Australian and US & UK flags every so often then ,   funny way of friendly and welcoming ...   lol

image.png.5514bae818d17656c1ff62c8ec1005c3.png

image.png.4c3b995d26cf22f50d707d2e7597e7f5.png

image.png.77e3c946e54ee59285268d3f19de86d3.png

Because in no country in the world they like land-grabbing, grabbing of natural resources including pussy-grabbing or child-grabbing. 

Tell them you come in good intentions and will contribute to their culture, and they will accept you as an equal. Then and only then. 

Anyway, Bali is a different place. Not many Muslims around. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Huckenfell said:

Meanwhile these friendly Indonesians are sending troops and police to West Irian jaya where they continue to murder and torture unarmed natives, burning their villages. Yes nice friendly people are the Indonesians.

Then try to go to West Irian, but don't even think about being on a mission. 

And of course, make sure you are vaccinated against all kinds of diseases that already killed the people of Papua or New Guinea in the past. 

I think the majority of Indonesians or Balinese people are good and welcoming ..... it's the same as Thailand where you have pockets of extremists or regions where they dislike foreigners. Look at the island around Thailand, they rely heavily on tourists yet they despise them.  Is it that they consider the farang as an invader of there homeland and their privacy, and also they are resentful that farang has money and they are poor and the expat can afford to travel and take their photos like they are on show.  

I have lived on Koh Samui for 12 years and "Never" found hateful experiences with the native population.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Huckenfell said:

Meanwhile these friendly Indonesians are sending troops and police to West Irian jaya where they continue to murder and torture unarmed natives, burning their villages. Yes nice friendly people are the Indonesians.

Muslims always tend to be on a mission, like Christians. I wouldn't advice you to be on a mission for "Western values" 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, micmichd said:

Then try to go to West Irian, but don't even think about being on a mission. 

And of course, make sure you are vaccinated against all kinds of diseases that already killed the people of Papua or New Guinea in the past. 

???

On 10/9/2020 at 7:19 AM, tonray said:

That's simply not true. Indonesians are some of the friendliest and welcoming people in SE Asia.

Use google search and type "how to retire on bali" or similar. You retire in Thailand starting on a 90 days Non-immigrant O Visa which you then extend 1 year, or you start with a 30 days or 60 days tourist and then change it to a 90 days Non-immigrant O. This is so easy if you have half a brain and it's fast.

You will never complain about that procedure if you read how to apply for a retirement visa on Bali. OP mentions the cost, but has his friend really gone through the procedure, or even know about it? I doubt it. I went through it online and it's tedious and it always involves an agent,because it's totally impossible to do it yourself. Check it out if you know how to use google. I think many foreigners have changed their mind about retirement on Bali when they realized how much work it is. I did. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Choosing Indonesia is like wanting to marry a beauty but settling for her ugly sister.  

Sorry, just reminded me of, "if you want to be happy for the rest of your life, make an ugly woman your wife" ... I'm so old! 555

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Huckenfell said:

???

Didn't you know that this now Indonesian island is inhabited by Papuan people, and that the natives there were once halfway - wiped out by Western missionaires? And Moslems are also Westerners for native Papuans. 

44 minutes ago, natway09 said:

Having spent a considerable amount of time in Indo, I can only say that I never felt that i was not wanted.

To lve in Bali at present with Covid around would be a big step, as Hospital care & quantity is limited

Be glad they are limited, otherwise Bali would be overcrowded pretty soon by Farangs up to the extent where even Balinese people would say "It's enough now" 

So, if you want to live in one of the world's last paradise islands you better go asap. 

Good luck.