Health Minister opens GPO’s cannabis greenhouse

rooster59

Health Minister opens GPO’s cannabis greenhouse

Tanakorn Sangiam

62eb00ccff40c306d4a74a1e4ab8047b_small.jpg

CHONBURI (NNT) - The Government Pharmaceutical Organization (GPO) has officially opened its greenhouse medical cannabis plantation in Chonburi, as the Ministry of Public Health continues to relax restrictions on cannabis and hemp, allowing the general public to legally benefit from the medicinal properties of these plants.

Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Public Health Anutin Charnvirakul has presided over the opening ceremony of a medical cannabis greenhouse at the Government Pharmaceutical Organization’s facility in Nong Yai district of Chonburi.

The greenhouse is a part of the Ministry of Public Health’s campaign to cultivate varieties of medical cannabis in greenhouses and outdoors, produce potent products and develop cultivation techniques suited to the country.

Minister Anutin said the government has given priority to the medical cannabis policy to enable the use of cannabis in medical treatments, while preventing the use of the plant as a narcotic.

The status of cannabis in Thailand remains illegal for recreational use. The Minister of Public Health has asked the general public not to believe any person claiming to sell cannabis products legally, as the government intends to confine the use of cannabis to medicinal purposes only, as well as encourage further development of cannabis extracts for economic benefit.

The latest amendment of the Narcotic Act is pending approval by the Council of State, a step preceding consideration in parliament. Mr Anutin said he is confident the amendment will pass the parliament’s vote.

He said the Ministry of Public Health in coming weeks will be issuing a ministerial regulation on the use of hemp, which has not been categorized as a narcotic. The new regulation will focus on hemp cultivation for the extraction of its compounds, while allowing the general public and community enterprises to cultivate hemp through contract farming, under the supervision of the Ministry of Public Health.

The Food and Drugs Administration’s Secretary General Paisarn Dinkum said today the ministerial regulation on hemp is expected to become effective next year, allowing farmers and the general public to use hemp extracts which are high in CBD and low in THC for the manufacture of medicine and cosmetics, following an approval protocol outlined in the regulation.

nnt.jpg

-- © Copyright NNT 2020-10-10

• Sad 1

19 minutes ago, lust said:

I love how adults are able to dictate what us children can consume. 

... yes, well, they aren't (never were), plenty here to consume (always was), quality's up (in a broader sense) & so is the price, 555 ... 

30 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

The photo reminded me of this. I need to get out more.

95724457_download(18).jpg.241a611026520d57aecbfc9665a16fae.jpg

... agreed, it's paramount to start early!

Also, tried smokin' sunflower way back, good for nuthin', after decades still remember the mighty MOAH (= motha of all headaches) ... 

CHONBURI (NNT) - The Government Pharmaceutical Organization (GPO) has officially opened its greenhouse medical cannabis plantation in Chonburi, as the Ministry of Public Health continues to relax restrictions on cannabis and hemp, allowing the general public to legally benefit from the medicinal properties of these plants.

High so.gif

• Haha 1

On 10/10/2020 at 11:26 AM, CraigInBangkok said:

From an earlier article:

“We are in the process of changing laws to allow the medical use of marijuana freely,” said recently-appointed Health Minister Anutin Charnvirakul, in Bangkok on Wednesday. “We have high confidence that marijuana will be among the major agricultural products for Thai households. We are speeding up the law changes. But there is a process to it.”

Back in September, Anutin alluded, “In the near future, families will be able to plant cannabis trees in their back gardens like any other herb.

so it was all complete b@ll@cks then ... you can stick your hemp plants ....

Compare Anutin in September (2019):
“In the near future, families will be able to plant cannabis trees in their back gardens like any other herb.”

...and Contrast Anutin in October 2020:
"Minister Anutin said the government has given priority to the medical cannabis policy to enable the use of cannabis in medical treatments, while preventing the use of the plant as a narcotic."

Total b@ll@cks?  Absolutely.  But honestly, what else did anyone expect?  Am I the only skeptic out here?  I could see the writing on the wall since Day 1.  

Edited by connda
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, connda said:

Compare Anutin in September:
“In the near future, families will be able to plant cannabis trees in their back gardens like any other herb.”

...and Contrast Anutin in October 2020:
"Minister Anutin said the government has given priority to the medical cannabis policy to enable the use of cannabis in medical treatments, while preventing the use of the plant as a narcotic."

Total b@ll@cks?  Absolutely.  But honestly, what else did anyone expect?  Am I the only skeptic out here?  I could see the writing on the wall since Day 1.  

I don't think I was really expecting anything, more blind hope really ... 35 years since I discovered cannabis and it p!sses me off so much that it STILL remains illegal in most places. 

Edited by CraigInBangkok
  • Like 2

Months ago in the first thread I said the ones who benefit will be that big dogs and apart from a few token somchais the small farmers won't get a fair go.   And I also said the big dogs already has a license even before the legislation came into effect.  Grumpy and cynical!

• Like 1