SURVEY: Majority of Thais don’t want foreign tourist – do you agree?

Scott

Majority of Thais don’t want foreign tourist – do you agree?  

359 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

A recent poll shows that the majority of Thais do not want more foreign tourists.   Do you agree?   Please, chose the option that best fits your opinion.

Feel free to leave a comment.

Do I agree? I understand them because most of them have nothing to do with this tourism industry. But does the tourism industry care about them? I think if they would be allowed to do what they want they simply would do it. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, JusticeGB said:

I feel sorry for all the unnecessarily unemployed people in the tourism industry. Pattaya is in its death throws and Phucket in an even worse situation. If I want to go out for a decent meal I need to go to the dark side or eat in a Mall restaurant in the Pattaya. If tourists remain locked out even more restaurants, bars and small shops will close to never reopen. 

Ridiculous  Restaurants  open all town , my gawd drama queen 

• Like 1
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Ireland32 said:

Most  Thais I talk to don’t want anything to do with Chinese Tourist 

Just out of curiosity. Did they mention why they don't want them back? 

Just because of the covid 19? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, mlkik said:

Many families in Issan benefit from tourism as their daughters and sons work in the holiday areas and send money home to support their parents and send there own kids to school.

Many but not all, it would be interesting to see a breakdown by area, this survey is of course for the expat community and will not give a thai based result.

It all boils down to who you ask in a survey

If involved in the Tourist industry hotels ,bars ,Restaurants and other entertainment enterprises they will say yes to tourists coming back

Ask the normal working Thai outside of Pattaya Phuket  Hua Hin ect

Proberly could not care less so would say no

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stretch5163 said:

lol @ more reinvent more family orientated what would you do turn walking street into a Kids theme park.....not going to happen. The numbers werent showing tourism down. Seriously how many european familys would you expect to travel to Thailand with the costs that flights are going to be charging to make up revenue ?

And lets not start with Doestic tourism as that cannot and will not reach the same level. You will have sitaution like Cha-am where its dead all week and a little trade on the weekends  and holidays from the Bangkokonians that travel.

Agreed Covid has destroyed what was left but yep it has been going down the toilet for a couple of years, ask traders what business was like pre Covid, they understand that there nay be as many on the plane but after they change there currency it doesn't go so far.

GBP £1000 x 40 baht = 40000

£1000 x 55 baht  = 55000

same same for all the expats there is not some much to spread around

• Like 2