Are home testing kits for COVID-19 acceptable

Trying to get to Thailand. Does anybody if authorities at the airport or wherever will accept a negative result from home testing kit? It will be an RT-PCR test done at the lab. I reached out to the Thai Embassy in Washington, DC, and have not gotten a response.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

Is that a joke?

Does usa have "home testing kit"

World first. 

You can buy test kits in several countries in Europe,but they are not reliable. But official tests in Thailand are not to write home about,either. 

• Like 1

Very risky... you could just swap random stuff or somebody else and send it instead of  yours.

Countries  won't allow that, especially Thailand which is afraid even of 1 extra covid person...

I think Thailand would  rather allow 10 zombies in than than 10 people with covid

The answer is YES. I am here in Kutdu, Nongbulamphu having repatriated from the USA (Atlanta to Los Angeles to Doha, Qatar to Bangkok) on a Pixel LabCorp Self Admin Covid-19 Test.  The lab report you get is absolutely no different looking in any way than the Covid-19 Test I took at a Drive Through Covid-19 testing area.  Both used LabCorps facilties.

The report was looked at in LAX and of course many times when I landed in BKK on the 26th

• Thanks 2

16 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Is that a joke?

Does usa have "home testing kit"

World first. 

In some countries the small test kit (looks a bit like a home pregnancy test kit) has been available for several weeks.

I sent the same question to the Thai Health Ministry Covid 19 Administration Centre in Bkk about 2 weeks ago. No answer.

15 hours ago, Max69xl said:

OP, wake up! How can you seriously ask if a negative test from a home testing kit will be accepted??

I'm not sure if you're aware that the test will be self-administered and shipped to a lab where they will do PCR testing on the sample.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Max69xl said:

You can buy test kits in several countries in Europe,but they are not reliable. But official tests in Thailand are not to write home about,either. 

wrong.

the antigen test from Roche is very reliable

21 hours ago, Max69xl said:

Do you have some evidence in support of your negative comment regarding tests in Thailand? The country's success in controlling this outbreak would suggest very much the opposite.

On 10/14/2020 at 3:16 PM, hllthr said:

I'm not sure if you're aware that the test will be self-administered and shipped to a lab where they will do PCR testing on the sample.

And how does anyone know (for sure) that it's your sample?