14,000 police officers keep hawk’s eye on student rally

webfact

14,000 police officers keep hawk’s eye on student rally

By The Nation

800_299fdd427963226.jpg?v=1602654076

The Royal Thai Police has deployed 99 regiments of 14,000 police officers to monitor the student pro-democracy rally in Bangkok, confirming that police will not take legal action against protesters as long as they don't violate any laws.

Deputy police spokesman Pol Colonel Kritsana Pattanacharoen said the 99 regiments have been deployed to maintain peace and order during the political rally.

He also said police would not rush to take any action and would first consider the situation to ensure it does not get worse.

“We confirm that police will not take legal action against the protesters if they do not violate any law, so we would like to ask the protesters holding a political rally today to study the laws and refrain from camping overnight,” Kritsana advised.

The 99 regiments will also be responsible for preventing third-party intervention and a clash among opposing groups with different ideals, he added.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30396190

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-10-14

A post quoting content from Reuters has been removed as there was no supporting link provided:

14) You will not post any copyrighted material except as fair use laws apply (as in the case of news articles). Please only post a link, the headline and the first three sentences.

1 hour ago, GreasyFingers said:

Did anyone see this morning's news. The demonstration on the late King's birthday throwing paint over the gates at police headquarters, and try to spray those inside.

Was that just a dream I had while having breakfast as I have found no mention of it on here.

I read it on the "other" English language newspaper but I cannot post a link to it.

• Like 1

I see over on Andrew Marshall's face book page he claims many yellow shirts were army drafted in from the south. Looking at the film on there they certainly don't look like it. They look far more like poor people, so could well have been paid to turn up, they were trucked in as seen above. How anyone can be a yellow shirt voluntarily these days is beyond me, brainwashing can't be that good.

• Confused 1

Looking at it on youtube now, there's little doubt where the popular feeling is going. Unthinkable a few years ago. Just hope it all doesn't end in tears. A great number are attententiste, fear is still the prevailing emotion among the non committed. But, as they say, they've broke the seal, anybody's guess where it goes from here. I'm guessing a 1976 solution isn't really on the cards.

Edited by nausea
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Orton Rd said:

Those Yellows don't look like the middle class grovelers from earlier years do they, they would not be herded onto trucks. Only the poor being paid would be transported like that

All sporting combat boots. Many are assuming they are under orders of the Government. It could be someone else; not that we are ever going to find out.

• Like 2