Anutin: Thailand is ready to open up to foreign tourists

webfact

11 hours ago, fruitman said:

The WHO had said that lockdowns were not necessary anymore. But today we have new lockdown in Holland for 4 weeks.

Why do some countries not follow the advice of the WHO? They also said that the deadly rate of corona is 0.13% which is the same as a normal virus.....

So who's crazy now?

why should any countries bother to listen to WHO? They have been so incompetent since day 1! 

the world should listen to Sweden's State epidemiologist instead.

Lockdown is very bad, you are taking freedom away from the people, the right way to deal with this plandemic is to keep the the sick and volunerable safe, and that's possible without any north Korea style government tyranny.

"The rest of the world has confidence in us and many foreigners want to visit.

"We must use all our "charms" to get lots and lots of them to come".

Actually the rest of the world has little to no confidence in them to manage an orderly recovery. Every pronouncement looks more like a <deleted> take than an educated strategy to recover. The pandemic has done much harm around the world in revealing how some elected government mem bers actually merit their position but most are self indulgement *wats unable to respond to a serious and immediate problem .

The issue is to safely reopen and the *wats look at it as an opportunity to fleece Falang . Not working out very well so far . I have to beleive that the majority ofthese high rnking appointments are through patronage becasue none of them seem to have th skill sets necessary to do the job .

This guy has already showed the world how charming he is . Now the real presure is on and it is time to pucker up .

1. Ask for Covid test before boarding plane . (stuff your fit to fly nonsense) .

2. Ask for proof of Covid and  $100K insurance .

3. Ask for 14 day Quarantine ASQ .

4. Check for covid on arrival.

5. Implement quarantine protocal .

6. If healthy after 14 days release into the wild . 

12 hours ago, fruitman said:

The WHO had said that lockdowns were not necessary anymore. But today we have new lockdown in Holland for 4 weeks.

Why do some countries not follow the advice of the WHO? They also said that the deadly rate of corona is 0.13% which is the same as a normal virus.....

So who's crazy now?

You got the 0.13% mortality rate from WND? Hardly a trustworthy source...

Of course Thailand did well with Covid-19, they just didn’t test anyone. With tests currently offered at between 8,000 to 13,000 baht a pop who the hell is going to get one and then get slapped into an expensive quarantine if they test positive. That folks is how you make Covid-19 disappear chop chop!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Dukeleto said:

Of course Thailand did well with Covid-19, they just didn’t test anyone. With tests currently offered at between 8,000 to 13,000 baht a pop who the hell is going to get one and then get slapped into an expensive quarantine if they test positive. That folks is how you make Covid-19 disappear chop chop!

True , but did you check or hear about hospital admissions ? These are the real numbers , if somebody is positive or not , nobody cares if you do not end up in hospitals . In Europe rules are getting stronger each day now , because we are witnessing the same like in 1st wave , hospitals are getting full . Testing numbers now are way higher , because we test a lot more , but like i said , they are only a indication something is happening . If the hospitals in Thailand aren't overrun , then or you do not have any cases or by some form of genetics/food/herbs .... they are less vulnerable and the people do not need hospital treatment .

So testing is only to find people  to stop them for infecting others who do get sick and end up in hospital ( and after that potentially dead ) .

????????????????

12 hours ago, NorthernRyland said:

Thailand has been COVID free for many months but everyone is still in masks. Do these people really look ready to you? It's not going to be trivial to undo the fear and hysteria that's currently in the population. Everyday we live like this it's going to be harder to go back to normal.

they are smart to wear a 

58 minutes ago, Dukeleto said:

Thailand has a new virus: PRAYUT 20
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, fruitman said:

So who's crazy now?

Covid is a normal virus, only it kills a lot of people. By the way it's only a part lock down.

1 hour ago, Marley01 said:

Change of subject, just saw on tv in OZ the protests in BKK tonight, thousands of people.

stay safe everyone, let’s hope sanity prevails.

the world is watching

Channel 4 UK had a damning doc with regards to a certain VIP living in Germany last night....I'll not post a link but it had me in stitches.

I think it'll be a very long time before I even consider a visit to LOS .....Neighbouring countries are the lure now.

6 minutes ago, SVC Porter said:

Channel 4 UK had a damning doc with regards to a certain VIP living in Germany last night....I'll not post a link but it had me in stitches.

I think it'll be a very long time before I even consider a visit to LOS .....Neighbouring countries are the lure now.

We all know who you are talking about

• Like 2

He seems to be under the impression the rest of the world is ready and waiting to hit Thailand. Sincerely hope Thai gets back on its feet and the people's suffering is assuaged, but the truth is the rest of the world is in no position to go travelling en-masse for a jolly. Other countries outside the universe of Muang Thai have their own issue.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, BritManToo said:

How long ago did this guy proclaim Thailand was ready to legalise people growing their own cannabis?

........ and how near is that to happening?

Now apply that same time period to open borders for Tourists. 

Aka "Thai Time"....it happens when it happens...mai pen rai! ????

Ready to open up tourism right after this headline:

13 test positive for Covid-19, 10 in quarantine state facility

Thailand seems to have done the right things to halt the progress of Covid-19.  I strongly suspect that mass tourism will ignite the pandemic here like the rest of the world!

Tourism should not re-open until their is a vaccine that is proven to work.  Yes, it is painful but far better than hearing about multiple deaths every day.

Thailand should stay the course until a vaccine is readily available.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

Thailand needs to manage Covid-19 like China, South Korea and Japan rather then block visitors completely, otherwise the country will be in for a lot of hurt economically and with job losses. There is great possibility of Thailand going in to recession, due to covid19.

I think the Thai Government needs to get Thai Airways flying Internationally again soon and especially between Thailand and their so called "Safe Countries". Offer some attractive rates and start bringing in the healthy tourists with a modified STV if necessary.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, cracker1 said:

I think the Thai Government needs to get Thai Airways flying Internationally again soon and especially between Thailand and their so called "Safe Countries". Offer some attractive rates and start bringing in the healthy tourists with a modified STV if necessary.

a safe country would be New Zealand and parts of Australia 

Edited by Meat Pie 47
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, cracker1 said:

I think that all Thai Airways international flights are (currently) grounded until the New Year.