Replacement EasyPass tag - anyone got one recently?

Crossy

Our EasyPass tag has given up the ghost, after 10 years I suspect the battery is finally exhausted.

So I'll need a new one, I'm assuming one of the service centres would be the place to go.

Apart from ID is anything else required? Vehicle book? Payment?

2 hours ago, Crossy said:

Our EasyPass tag has given up the ghost, after 10 years I suspect the battery is finally exhausted.

So I'll need a new one, I'm assuming one of the service centres would be the place to go.

Apart from ID is anything else required? Vehicle book? Payment?

No just ID, and if you have the original card that came with the tag take  that as well.

You should be able to do that anywhere where you pay.

54 minutes ago, JAS21 said:

No just ID, and if you have the original card that came with the tag take  that as well.

You should be able to do that anywhere where you pay.

You mean anywhere you used to pay yet? 

Love topping up with the K-Bank app.....

You also have to replace it at the same 'network' that you originally got it from... 

most of inner Bangkok express way is 1 network

the southeast section of Hwy 9 Ringroad (from Ikea/Bangna intersection to Rama2) is a separate network

also there's Buraphawithi expressway that goes from Bangna to Chonburi that is on another network

• Like 1

1 minute ago, yankyoakum said:

where do you get one if you never had one...? Can you just go to K-Bank and do we need to take the owners car book or is there another place we have to go to register?

On 11/4/2020 at 10:55 AM, VocalNeal said:

Go into any tollway office

As all transponders work now for all tollways it doesn't matter where the office is. You will need some ID as they don't want to loose their transponder to just anyone.

My big gripe about the system is that there is no way to check one's balance without risking the "reverse at the gate" trick. 

2 hours ago, VocalNeal said:

As all transponders work now for all tollways it doesn't matter where the office is. You will need some ID as they don't want to loose their transponder to just anyone.

My big gripe about the system is that there is no way to check one's balance without risking the "reverse at the gate" trick. 

When I go through the gate it usually shows my balance. Yours does not?

You can stop at the office and they'll check it for you, I know it's a PITA but it's better that nothing. 

3 hours ago, yankyoakum said:

where do you get one if you never had one...? Can you just go to K-Bank and do we need to take the owners car book or is there another place we have to go to register?

Again the Easypass website should help, you'll need ID and the vehicle registration.

• Thanks 1

I done it about 2 years ago, I stopped in one of those offices on the elevated highway and in very poor Thai explained "Battery Kaput".

They couldn't speak a word of English but they gave me a new one after signing a form (No idea what I signed)... The car and device were in wife's name who wasn't present, I wasn't required to show any document or anything.

In and out in less than 10 minutes.

The credit transferred OK.

Edited by Satcommlee
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Crossy said:

Log on to the Easypass website https://thaieasypass.com/th/index it's all there.

No thanks I'd have to join/register/give email/ et al. If I know my code from the "credit card" I should be able to simply enter that to get a balance. I can top up on mobile banking min. 500 baht but it still won't tell balance until i drive through booth. 

Should be a way to check balance before getting stuck and reversing etc.