U.S. election betting odds tighten but still favour Trump over Biden

webfact

On 11/4/2020 at 4:11 PM, sucit said:

Why don't you ask yourself why polls have been very accurate for decades and all the sudden they are way off involving two elections with Trump.

Go figure that out, and btw it is not "hiding Trump voters", and get back to us with some better informed comments. 

Two reasons, I suppose. A person is embarrassed and will not be truthful or they lie so the results will be squed. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, earlinclaifornia said:

Two reasons, I suppose. A person is embarrassed and will not be truthful or they lie so the results will be squed. 

Yes, it has been said that many Trump voters are ashamed to admit it openly, it's like many Americans abroad pretending to be Canadian because they are, rightly, ashamed of their president.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

Yes, it has been said that many Trump voters are ashamed to admit it openly, it's like many Americans abroad pretending to be Canadian because they are, rightly, ashamed of their president.

I personally felt a "renewed" being knowing this President quite possibly is gone forever. I also feel if you are too "ashamed" you need to self reflect. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PattayaJames said:

Don't think there are any pollsters posting on here, just peoples personal opinions.

Yes and they can be embarrassingly wrong, even worse is to admit to supporting someone who would be negatively portrayed in George Orwell's 1984.

10 minutes ago, PattayaJames said:

Well the polls were embarrassingly wrong. Again!

I do not know of anyone embarrassed to support Trump.

As to history, I think ultimately the left,  the establishment and media of this time will be exposed as totally corrupt dishonest and evil.

So you believe that a supporter will tell the pollster the truth then, correct?

33 minutes ago, Susco said:

The polls weren't wrong, they projected a Biden win, and like it or not. he's on his way to his victory.

The ones who were embarrassingly wrong were the TVF members who are no deafening silent, probably because they sit crying in a corner somewhere, who predicted a landslide win for Trump.

Of course, you don't know anyone embarrassed to support Trump, because you choose your friends.

As for the corruption, only a blind and deaf-mute person would not be aware of the corruption that has happened in the past 4 years.

I don't think he is.

I'm sure Arizona will go red.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

LOL. From what other posters are saying, even if Trump is no longer president he's going to still be big on TVF world news.

Say what you will about him, he casts a very large shadow.

I wonder how CNN will deal with not having to talk about him all day. Might see a big drop in their ratings.

"he casts a very large shadow."  Yes, absolutely he does.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Susco said:

The polls weren't wrong, they projected a Biden win, and like it or not. he's on his way to his victory.

The ones who were embarrassingly wrong were the TVF members who are now deafening silent, probably because they sit crying in a corner somewhere, who predicted a landslide win for Trump.

Of course, you don't know anyone embarrassed to support Trump, because you choose your friends.

As for the corruption, only a blind and deaf-mute person would not be aware of the corruption that has happened in the past 4 years.

Yes, lot of the polls were seriously wrong, depending on the region of the country. For polling, wrong means inaccurate. How far off the mark they were. For instance if one pollster predicts an 11 point victory for a candidate and another predicts a 1 point loss for her, but the candidate wins by one, who is the better pollster in this case? Obviously the more accurate one.

6 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

even if Trump is no longer president he's going to still be big on TVF world news.

Yes for the same reasons as that COVID is big on this forum.

Maybe the will create a new sub forum for that purpose

2 hours ago, Throatwobbler said:

Trumps lead is shrinking in Pennslyvania. Now just 142,000. 

13% of the votes there to be counted which is approx 600,000 votes. These are all postal votes, 78% of these have gone to to Biden so far. If that trend continues then Biden will win Penns with a bit of space to spare.

Yes, heard the same thing from my brother-in-law in Pennsylvania.  

8 minutes ago, placeholder said:
3 hours ago, owl sees all said:

I don't think he is.

I'm sure Arizona will go red.

And Pennsylvania?

To be honest, I would like to know why they called Arizona with such a small margin and only 88% of the votes counted.

image.png.3a06d5011495087e640f13e4a03b8862.png

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Susco said:

To be honest, I would like to know why they called Arizona with such a small margin and only 88% of the votes counted.

image.png.3a06d5011495087e640f13e4a03b8862.png

Something wrong with their algorithm. Each state is individual. Their data may have shown that the remaining areas to count would be more heavily pro-Biden. Who knows?