Biden narrowly beats Trump for presidency of a polarized United States

rooster59

6 minutes ago, Phoenix Rising said:

The grown-ups are due to return to the WH and it's such a relief.

Read: President-elect Joe Biden's full victory speech

"I am humbled by the trust and confidence you have placed in me.

I pledge to be a President who seeks not to divide, but to unify.

Who doesn’t see Red and Blue states, but a United States."

Absolutely. Boring is the new cool!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, daveAustin said:

Doddery and just more of the same. What America needs is young, forward thinking blood, not some old croon in the hotseat. He'll struggle on C19 lest he would upset the populace by completely locking down. I'll be a fan if he takes climate seriously, ups funds for NASA, takes on China, doesn't fawn over EU.

Maybe you would like trumps son to take over

Edited by Grumpy one
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

The mainstream media has pronounced Biden president "BECAUSE " THE OFFICIAL RESULTS HAVE BEEN RELEASED. They havnt made the declaration based on a whim.

The official results are official, MSN is just announcing the results, as are FOX, CNN etc, 

Well to be fair not exactly. 

Networks call states when they are sure of the winner and sure that the loser has no chance to reverse it based on the size of the lead, the number of votes still needing counting and the source of the votes. 

For example it is known that mail in ballots from Philadelphia are going to be over 80 percent for Biden.

The official certification of the results happens much later in each state.

Networks don't wait for that except for exceptionally unusual cases such as Florida 2000.

Congratulations again to President elect Biden.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

Just now, Phoenix Rising said:

Indeed it was, and I'm so looking forward to not having to see, think and talk about trump on a daily basis. Let him fade away like a stale fart, only reappearing during the odd court appearance and mugshot.

Yes exactly. What a sense of relief in America and indeed the world. Let's be honest. That's what most of the dancing in the streets is about. We the people have with our free and democratic votes vanquished something truly horrible. Bring on the boring!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sceadugenga said:

If he wont go voluntarily it may be time for that great American tradition of the tar and feathers prior to leaving town on a rail.

It would take a hell of a lot of feathers to cover him.  ????

Would you recommend duck feathers ?  :cheesy:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Till January 20 or he will be forcibly removed. He won't be that stupid. He knows about evicting people. It's no fun for the evictee.

He'll be gone before that in order to get pardoned by Pence.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, daveAustin said:

Doddery and just more of the same. What America needs is young, forward thinking blood, not some old croon in the hotseat. He'll struggle on C19 lest he would upset the populace by completely locking down. I'll be a fan if he takes climate seriously, ups funds for NASA, takes on China, doesn't fawn over EU.

Doesn't fawn over the EU? Let me guess, you're a Brit who's pro-Brexit? I'll bet we'll see President-Elect Biden move swiftly to restore relations with America's most important allies in the EU.

Unfortunately the UK has greatly diminished it's clout by going alone and the economic and political consequences will clearly be seen in the years to come.

A great shame, I have several Brit friends and met tons of nice people from GB.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Salerno said:

Considering he already did so around six hours or so ago I guess you're guess isn't very accurate.

Ah yes - my mistake.

But I think the Biden/Boris dynamic may not be good for UK.

Biden described Boris as a "kind of physical and emotional clone" of Trump.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Kinnock said:

I think the new Vice President will be an added bonus.  Interesting times ahead.

I hope she can help to heal a deeply divided country.

I wish I shared your optimism but I believe when the trump base (I'm talking about the 5th Ave ever-trumpers who IMO are largely motivated by White angst/racism and misogyny) sees VP-Elect Harris they shudder, she's everything they're against; liberal, female, educated and articulate, non-white.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Yes exactly. What a sense of relief in America and indeed the world. Let's be honest. That's what most of the dancing in the streets is about. We the people have with our free and democratic votes vanquished something truly horrible. Bring on the boring!

Boring is normal, boring is good, boring is mainstream, BOB - bring on boring!!

PS. I've just made that my signature and am considering having t-shirts and buttons made.:biggrin:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Antonymous said:

Congratulations Dems, soon you'll have a hawk back in the White House.

The battle for America is over. Let the world wars begin.

Tell the people of Yemen how lucky they are to have Trump as President. And didn't Trump boast about defeating ISIL?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Saltire said:

Not an Amrican but I don't envy the job Biden has to reset all the negativity of the outgoing president and I wish him luck.

My biggest worry is that 70 million Americans stil think Trump should be president.

Yes, it is really sad that so many Americans still fawn over and adore the despicable person Trump (and his family) is.  It will be a very big gap that Biden will try to bridge.

Let's hope Trump goes quietly and doesn't cause any more harm in his remaining 60+ days in office.

• Like 1