UK sees goodwill for Brexit trade deal, open to 'sensible' fishing compromise

snoop1130

1 minute ago, Susco said:

In other threads I see previous hardcore Trump fanboys now being either very quiet, and quite a few now saying they actually disliked Trump.

I think it will take another 4 days before a similar thing will happen in the Brexit threads, and i have a few names in mind already

Roy Rogers, Monty Python, Bill & Ben Garden, Andy Pandy.....?   ????

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Rookiescot said:

Given how much Johnson loves it I thought I would find a few key words for him to use in his next speech regarding Brexit.

harundineo atque confracto Aegypto

Thats latin for bluff and bluster.

in deditionem acceptos

Thats latin for capitulation.

et maerebunt piscatores et vendidit

Thats latin for sold out the fishermen. 

nullum ius iudiciumque

Thats latin for no sovereignty.

???? 

Did you google translate blow up after getting all that sutores together?

4 hours ago, robblok said:

Why are they bothering with negotiations, to benefit all. The EU also has something to lose but the UK has more to lose so the EU holds the cards. Totally different from what Brexiteers seem to think. 

The EU is the more powerful one in these negotiations but the Brexiteers seemed to think otherwise. 

Thing is the EU is not ruled by populists like the UK, so one can expect more wisdom and less bluster. So far the UK has been barking huffing and puffing with no results and then giving in.

Anyway I hope for a deal as it will benefit all. As long as they don't compromise the one market principle (and they wont) I am ok with whatever comes out of this.

The powerful one? Mourinho for next Commission President.

14 minutes ago, sandyf said:

Why not tell the truth, Trump has been compromised and left Bojo up the creek desperate for a paddle. Time to fish out a new plan.

Frankly, you wouldn't know the truth it was attached to a haddock and used to slap you in the chops.

The EU have their own problems with the US. You could just as well argue that the escalating trade tensions between the US and the EU make the EU increasingly need a deal with the UK.

image.png.c7a834277cc8a8d6b97e0ab443c6c911.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dunroaming said:

I guess, given the warning shots from Biden over the Good Friday Agreement, Boris now has two choices.  Either agree a trade deal with the EU and abide by the WA, or seriously jeopardise any chance of a favourable trade deal with the USA.

Good to see our esteemed PM in control, as always. ????

Yes, you're right, you guessed....:coffee1:

3 minutes ago, dunroaming said:

With Biden as POTUS, the EU will have a friend and ally in him, as they did when he was VP in Obama's presidency.  He has a very good, long established relationship with Merkel.  The UK, outside of the EU, with no trade deal and with Johnson as PM, is going to struggle to compete with the EU. 

But let's see just how kamikaze Johnson is when it comes to the crunch!  

That dispute has been ongoing for 16 years, throughout Obama's reign while Biden was VP. 

It's an oversimplification to assume that all the issues will disappear now because Biden claims to be connected to his Irish heritage.

image.png.258032b352b81e5a147bc4c25c11e004.png

8 minutes ago, dunroaming said:

Vogie, you know as well as I do that Americans have a very whimsical view of their origins, all claiming their heritage, no matter how tentative it may be.  Biden has said many times that he is proud of his Irish heritage.

But you are still flogging that long dead horse with your referrals to "remainers" and "soft  Brexits".  Time to move on, we all have long ago.  It is all about the final result of this chaotic farce being orchestrated by Boris. 

Well if the Americans want to be whimsical about their heritage, I reserve my right to claim my Viking heritage. It's a load of nonsense, are we doing deals with the Leprechauns now, if Biden wishes to hang the proverbial Sword of Damocles over our heads we will have no option but to leave devoid of a deal, even you surely wouldn't want to be negotiating under such duress.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, dunroaming said:

As for your comment with me making it sound as if we can be either blackmailed by the EU or the USA.  Glad you didn't miss that.  It is another example of just how cleverly Johnson positions himself politically.  Sucking up to Trump when he knew an election was imminent and that Trump would probably lose.

"Sucking up to Trump" your words, many would have called it diplomacy.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, JonnyF said:

They're quiet? That's absolutely shocking. Maybe they have accepted the Democratic process and result like grown-up adults?

What would you prefer, they spend the next 4 years arguing that they should re-run the election, launching legal battles, making childish insults and baseless accusations to Biden supporters like the Remainers did when they lost? ????

Sounds like the Trump supporters are showing a lot more humility and maturity than Remainers did.

Thanks for your reply, and I hadn't expect a different answer from a Brexiteer actually.

Feedback and Suggestions - SET FREE THE ASCENDANCY POINTS (or rework the  lab) [New ascension methods/lab rework ideas] - Forum - Path of Exile

• Like 2
  • Confused 1