Slap on the head costs woman her life

webfact

Slap on the head costs woman her life

By The Nation

800_899f2be642d4c19.jpg?v=1605072355

A motorbike taxi rider surrendered to police on Tuesday for reportedly stabbing her workmate out of anger, which she said had been building for two years. 

Thongthae Janmun arrived at Wang Thonglang police station at 4pm to confess that she had committed a murder that morning. She said the conflict was not related to work, as they usually picked up passengers from different places, but that she and the victim often had personal clashes. 

That morning, the victim had slapped Thongthae on her head, which infuriated her. So, she pulled out a knife and stabbed the other woman. 

Thongthae has been charged with intention to murder, which will result in a sentence. 

A small conflict erupted at the police station when the victim’s family tried to attack Thongthae.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30397746

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-11-11

• Sad 4

You gotta love this one: Thongthae has been charged with intention to murder, which will result in a sentence. Duh! Is this a civilized nation, or not? There is no doubt that the woman who was killed deserved some punishment. Death is a bit extreme. But, most of the time you slap someone on the head, you can expect a reaction. In this case, it is likely she was an abusive and highly arrogant person, who behaved like this often. Oh well. 

• Like 1

The "victim" slapped her and the person assaulted stabbed her.  That was excessive force, but she was provoked and attacked.   These are mitigating circumstances, and I wonder to what degree the judge will reduce the punishment. ??

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Saltire said:

These stories make me wonder just how many Thai carry a knife or gun on them or in their car/motorbike on a regular basis.

More than you'll think.

My girlfriend warned me more than 20 years ago about the incalculable character of the Thai people.

And YES, she was also Thai....

Edited by Peterphuket
  • Like 1