Video: Have a heart! Mum and kids on way to school soaked by oncoming driver

webfact

8pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

Dash cam footage from a car in Surat Thani in the south of Thailand showed the moment when an irresponsible driver in a pick-up soaked a mother and her children on the way to school in a motorcycle with a sidecar attachment. 

The driver without a care in the world plowed through puddles drenching the family. 

Thai media Daily News and the poster Tipatai Viriyavaree called for more consideration than this.

It was not known whether this was a deliberate act or just plain bad driving. 

After inspecting for any damage the mother continued on stoically to school.

Soure: Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-11-13

Posted by Tipatai Viriyavaree on Wednesday, 11 November 2020
  • Like 2
  • Sad 3

Sorry for the mum at that instance. But irresponsible driving?? You gotta be kidding. In that rain you often don't see a flippin' thing. And don't even get me started about the real irresponsible driving here in LOS. Is there nothing more important to report about?? 

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, toofarnorth said:

Poor mum doing the best she can but look here comes someone who is in the dry and only cares about himself or  too busy to notice while on an ipod/phone/app thingy.

Or late to get his/her own kids to another school, therefor just one thought - 'go fast regardless'.

4 hours ago, asiasurfer said:

Sorry for the mum at that instance. But irresponsible driving?? You gotta be kidding. In that rain you often don't see a flippin' thing. And don't even get me started about the real irresponsible driving here in LOS. Is there nothing more important to report about?? 

Are YOU kidding me? If you dont see a flippin thing, then drive slower, and this would not be a problem at all, would it.

And btw, the sight was not a problem in this case. The video clearly shows that.

• Thanks 1

i thought it would be worse.  i mean, the driver is likely on facebook, drinking something, and the music is blasting.....and there are maybe 19888 people in the truck.  

yea, it was bad......but i thought it was going to be much worse.  

i mean....there is ANOTHER question we should be asking!!!!!    Kids and their mom shouldn't be in such a vehicle on the road, it's not gonna pass safety inspections.   

i've never soaked anyone.....so of course it can be avoided.  maybe i'm now numb to this stuff.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, webfact said:

Dash cam footage from a car in Surat Thani in the south of Thailand showed the moment when an irresponsible driver in a pick-up soaked a mother and her children on the way to school in a motorcycle with a sidecar attachment. 

Pretty much expected.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, webfact said:

8pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

The driver without a care in the world plowed through puddles drenching the family. 

Thai media Daily News and the poster Tipatai Viriyavaree called for more consideration than this.

It was not known whether this was a deliberate act or just plain bad driving. 

After inspecting for any damage the mother continued on stoically to school.

Soure: Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-11-13

Some roads got too many pot holes to avoid an incident as described. 

However everybody might try to foresee what could happen 

3 hours ago, Ventenio said:

Kids and their mom shouldn't be in such a vehicle on the road, it's not gonna pass safety inspections. 

Sadly, thousands of families can’t support to buy a safe vehicle... enough they can put some petrol to take their children to school. SAD

• Like 1

3 hours ago, thaibreaker said:

Are YOU kidding me? If you dont see a flippin thing, then drive slower, and this would not be a problem at all, would it.

And btw, the sight was not a problem in this case. The video clearly shows that.

I didn't mean that comment in a rude manner at all. I'm just saying, sometimes it's not avoidable. Me personally, I always watch out for bikes, since I drive car and bike. Cheerio

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Tarteso said:

Sadly, thousands of families can’t support to buy a safe vehicle... enough they can put some petrol to take their children to school. SAD

I would say MILLIONS.   Every day we see a family of 4 on a motorbike and they certainly cannot afford 4 helmets.   we see 2 year old kids on a bike, with their other kid holding 10 bags on the back.  it's crazy.

i gave a kid my bike helmet to wear, and their dad said (in Thai) is was bad.  she gave it back to me.

so i gave it to another kid at another time.  

the problem runs sooo deep.......needs to be real wages and then enforceable regulations.  300 baht a day wages is ridiculous........there is money.  anyhow.....

8 hours ago, asiasurfer said:

Are you real?

Are you really telling me he couldn't see or feel that he was going through water? Really?

If it is raining you slow down - Thais don't