Chiang Mai Immigration refused to extend my visa

Today I been there, They needed an airline ticket to leave Thailand and a letter from  the consulate.

Don't waste your time going over there, please just go to another immigration office for an extension.

The agency requires 9,000 baht before they will extend it for you.

Edited by ELMqgp
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, darrendsd said:

You're not the 1st one to post about CM doing this

I'm sure some posters have advised to go to the Immigration Office at or near the Airport?

Chiang Mai immigration office near the airport

updated today.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, glegolo said:

OMG - They are that stupid at Immigration in Chiang Mai, stealing 9.000 baht just for the "service" of doing an extension.

I suppose all of you guys are reporting this to Immigration, for further action against these BAD officials there employed by Thailand????

glegolo

Please all foreigners refuse to bribe 9,000 baht to Chiang Mai Immigration, I would rather help the beleaguered Thai Airways and go to Bangkok for an extension.

1 hour ago, ELMqgp said:

My Thai friend was so shocked when he knows about this story that he just called immigration is stupid.

Call the 1178 helpline. They know what the requirements for the 60 day extension are. I know somebody that asked them about it.

Edited by ubonjoe
fixed typo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

I think Jomtien "inventing" the return to immigration 3 months post extension approval to show the 800k still in bankbook is a sound nomination for "we do it our way" imm office.

Plus, on reflection, Hua Hin given their insistence on British, American and Australian retirees using the 65k monthly pension income method providing a credit advice note for each and every 65k+ transfer, as I gather from @theoldgit

13 minutes ago, OJAS said:

Plus, on reflection, Hua Hin given their insistence on British, American and Australian retirees using the 65k monthly pension income method providing a credit advice note for each and every 65k+ transfer, as I gather from @theoldgit

Not the case in Jomtien. I provide a 12 month bank statement showing 12 transfers. Happy with that. The problem with Jomtien is them wanting you to prove it came from a pension. I took in 3 months of bank statements showing pension entries into my UK bank. happy with that.

Edited by polpott
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

Your missing the point. I am happy to abide by the "rules". The issue is that many offices make their own rules.

This very thread is about CM not issuing 60 extensions. 

MTT does! Why is that.

Given the global situation right now, there should not be any fuss with visa extensions. They should be granted automatically. Over time, fewer and fewer people will be affected anyway, as people transition to long-term visas or go home. So I don't understand why some offices are still playing this game. 

1 minute ago, TheFreqFlyer said:

Given the global situation right now, there should not be any fuss with visa extensions. They should be granted automatically. Over time, fewer and fewer people will be affected anyway, as people transition to long-term visas or go home. So I don't understand why some offices are still playing this game. 

Agree.

I was flying the flag from very start (not just about Thailand) that all governments should make it easy (automatic) for folk to remain where they currently are at least until borders open up. That might not happen until vaccine available.