Tourists return to holiday destinations this long weekend

snoop1130

Tourists return to holiday destinations this long weekend

e6d3226d742b37e4dfdc625787d7bdf9_small.jpg

BANGKOK (NNT) - The special 4-day weekend has started, with natural tourism attractions across the country filling up with visitors coming to enjoy fresh air and cool breezes.

Temples and attractions in the northeastern Nong Khai province have started to welcome visitors arriving for the long weekend. Highlights of this Thailand-Laos border province include Phra That Klang Nam stupa in the middle of the Mekong river.

The low water level today allowed the stupa to emerge and appear at a hight of two meters. Visitors can also see a replica of the stupa on the bank, located adjacent to the one in the river.

Up on the mountain, the Sky Walk observation terrace in Nong Khai has been popular with the public coming to see the bird’s-eye view of the Mekong River, a natural border between Thailand and Laos.

The scenery here is even more picturesque in the morning with a regular sea of fog, although the fog was not so dense this morning.

In the eastern region, islands such as Ko Chon Salat or Ko Kwang in Chanthaburi is now ready to welcome visitors with clear sea water and remarkable vistas. This is a small island that is a 10-minute boat ride away from Ao Long on the mainland. The island is a nice kayaking spot with small beaches surrounding it, and is a perfect place to watch the sunset.

In Kanchanaburi in the west, Thongphaphum National Park has reopened Khao Chang Pueak mountain for trekking after a seasonal closure for natural resource recovery. National park chief Charoen Jaichon said today that related agencies, villagers, and bag carriers are now ready to welcome adventurers back to naturally stunning Khao Chang Pueak once again.

The number of visitors to Khao Chang Pueak will be limited to 60 persons per day, from 24th November 2020 to 31st January 2021. National park rangers will accompany the visitors throughout their visit, with one ranger per 12 visitors.

nnt.jpg

-- © Copyright NNT 2020-11-19

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hotchilli said:

4 days then back to virtually nothing, feast or famine... I guess after this it will all be about Xmas/new year.

In Pattaya we have domestic tourists coming in every weekend. Some during the week, but not that many. Holidays are always best of course. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, hotchilli said:

4 days then back to virtually nothing, feast or famine... I guess after this it will all be about Xmas/new year.

We are entering/in high season for Thai tourists to the mountain areas to partake of mists in the morning (not smog), cool evenings and cold mornings. Can recommend it for a change to the usual city life.

Whats the point if half the population dont know there is a special holiday thanks to Prayuth and mates? Everywhere has loudspeakers and loud speaker trucks, tell the people are they not the ones they want to travel?

i was in samui last week and i can told you samui is a ghost town really , i take some advantage i rent a villa in the hill with infinity swimming pool for 2000b a night  ,  actually should be 15 000 a night so worth for it lol

i spend my weekend in hua hin and yes lot of thai people , on the beach , in market  but when monday coming , not the same like yesterday  lol 

Edited by thai006

17 hours ago, cyril sneer said:

the banks here are mostly separate from whatever the government decides for days off

4-days off is generally rejected unless it's new year

The 4 days holidays are only for those employed in the public sector by a government or agency. The private sector is not required to conform which the banks served. BOT regulates bank holidays differ slightly from those observed by the government. 

• 8 months later...
On 11/23/2020 at 11:33 AM, thai006 said:

i was in samui last week and i can told you samui is a ghost town really , i take some advantage i rent a villa in the hill with infinity swimming pool for 2000b a night  ,  actually should be 15 000 a night so worth for it lol

i spend my weekend in hua hin and yes lot of thai people , on the beach , in market  but when monday coming , not the same like yesterday  lol 

prehistoric thread why isnt it shutdown!

Edited by Rampant Rabbit

TAT ever hopeful.An alternate headline

Holidaymakers some of whom will spread covid are going on holiday to holiday destinations where they'll mingle with folks from all over the place for maximimum dispersal.

The virus says a big thank you for the help.

Surely let people have a break but not travel?