How are the bars, restaurants, agogos, massage shops, gentleman clubs and any business doing during covid?

scubascuba3

Left LK around 11.45pm as the bars were shut then my taxi drove down 3rd & the thai places were literally hopping with drinks still being served to tables.

These messages go back to the home countries so less & less people will come imo

• Like 2

7 hours ago, shaky42 said:

cowboys 2008

you rolled the dice and got lucky. I arrived in pattaya on Tuesday. Healthy with no symptoms. The hotel pcr came back positive. I couldn't believe it. 5 days later i am aching everywhere with a horrible cold . It is not pretty 

I'm so sorry to hear that.  I only had a 3 week vacation and I was very worried about testing positive and ending up in quarantine for 10 days.  Good luck to you.  I wish you the best.  

On 3/29/2022 at 4:29 PM, aussiexpat said:

Owner said it was the old Wombat Bar site but said it was empty for 10 years before he got it

Even better story opening a 10 year closed bar and making it busy ????

So after 10 years a Thai landlord finally meets the market.   ????

27 minutes ago, Leaver said:

So after 10 years a Thai landlord finally meets the market.   ????

Typical response from the self proclaimed Pattaya Bar guru that has never run a bar anywhere in the World lol

The place was a 4 storey apartment rental building, they put a roof and wall in the front 25 metre courtyard and a bar was born, no extra rent for the courtyard ????

Edited by aussiexpat
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, aussiexpat said:

Typical response from the self proclaimed Pattaya Bar guru that has never run a bar anywhere in the World lol

The place was a 4 storey apartment rental building, they put a roof and wall in the front 25 metre courtyard and a bar was born, no extra rent for the courtyard ????

Typical reply by someone with business interests here.  

Why vacant for 10 years then?  

25 minutes ago, Leaver said:

Typical reply by someone with business interests here.  

Why vacant for 10 years then?  

Lol that I have business interests in Pattaya

The 4 story apartment place next door is also empty for over 10 years. It is not fit to live in unless someone spends lots of money to refurbish.  You do know Jomtien Beach goes for like 10km right so I'm pretty sure there are many hidden gems along there

Edited by aussiexpat

17 minutes ago, aussiexpat said:

Lol that I have business interests in Pattaya

If you don't, why are you constantly talking up the economic situation here?

17 minutes ago, aussiexpat said:

The 4 story apartment place next door is also empty for over 10 years. It is not fit to live in unless someone spends lots of money to refurbish.  You do know Jomtien Beach goes for like 10km right so I'm pretty sure there are many hidden gems along there

Hidden gems for what purpose?  ????  

2 minutes ago, Leaver said:

If you don't, why are you constantly talking up the economic situation here?

Hidden gems for what purpose?  ????  

1. Because I love Pattaya and you are all doom and gloom about everything (much rather be me)

2. Obviously because Wombat & Kiwi Bar owner found a hidden gem and made a successful bar and apartment in your so called doom and gloom environment where nothing has a chance

Just off the top of my head ????

Just now, aussiexpat said:

Because I love Pattaya and you are all doom and gloom about everything (much rather be me)

I love Pattaya also, but perhaps your love of Pattaya is clouding your judgment of the reality here.

2 minutes ago, aussiexpat said:

Obviously because Wombat & Kiwi Bar owner found a hidden gem and made a successful bar and apartment in your so called doom and gloom environment where nothing has a chance

Just off the top of my head

Once again, if it's a hidden gem, why was it vacant for 10 years, unless the Thai landlord finally had a reality check?  

26 minutes ago, aussiexpat said:

Meanwhile, the Wombat & Kiwi Bar on corner of Soi 9 Jomtien has 99 baht roast beef dinners from 12pm tomorrow, also 65 baht ice cold beers...

@Leaver why don't you drop by to see for yourself

https://fb.watch/chkDuNYnyR/

Once again, my comments were directed at why the premises was vacant for 10 years.  

I agree, it's always good to see a Thai landlord come to their senses, but how many business owners continue to be slaves to their Thai landlords here?  

I said 2 years ago that we could see businesses move to different locations for cheaper rent, and we have seen that, but it only takes one Thai landlord on a Soi to come to their senses, and that business can then undercut all other businesses on that Soi, because they have reasonable rent, and they can sent other businesses on the Soi broke.  Eg.  99 baht meals and 65 baht beers.

Thai landlords were outpricing Pattaya even pre covid.  Given covid discounts on many businesses are coming to an end, yet tourism is not back to levels that can sustain pre covid rents, what do you think will happen to these businesses?  

2 hours ago, aussiexpat said:

Meanwhile, the Wombat & Kiwi Bar on corner of Soi 9 Jomtien has 99 baht roast beef dinners from 12pm tomorrow, also 65 baht ice cold beers...

@Leaver why don't you drop by to see for yourself

https://fb.watch/chkDuNYnyR/

What does that show/prove ?

Bars are offering cut price meals in an attempt to attract customers ?

43 minutes ago, PJ71 said:

It's happening already.

Yes, it is, but will it get back to pre covid within 12 months?  This was your claim.

44 minutes ago, PJ71 said:

Yes.

What will you say if Pattaya doesn't get back to pre covid tourism levels within 12 months? 

Remember, the Russians are broke, and the Chinese are locked in, and I can't see either changing any time soon.  

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Leaver said:

This was your claim.

Where did i claim that?

53 minutes ago, Leaver said:

What will you say if Pattaya doesn't get back to pre covid tourism levels within 12 months? 

Not much.

53 minutes ago, Leaver said:

Remember, the Russians are broke, and the Chinese are locked in, and I can't see either changing any time soon.  

And?

13 minutes ago, PJ71 said:

Where did i claim that?

You replied to my comment that it would take years for Pattaya to get back to 2019 lavels, and you said, "No, it won't." 

15 minutes ago, PJ71 said:

Not much.

Probably too busy eating humble pie.  ????

15 minutes ago, PJ71 said:

And?

It means Pattaya's / Thailand's biggest tourist demographic, the Chinese, will not be back any time soon, and the Russians will probably not be back for years, but according to you, it will not take years for Pattaya's tourism to get back to 2019 levels.

1 minute ago, Leaver said:

You replied to my comment that it would take years for Pattaya to get back to 2019 lavels, and you said, "No, it won't." 

Where did i say 12 months?

Probably too busy eating humble pie.

Why?

Russians will probably not be back for years,

LOL x 1000

2 minutes ago, Leaver said:

it will not take years for Pattaya's tourism to get back to 2019 levels

Correct.

7 minutes ago, PJ71 said:

Where did i say 12 months?

I said years, you disagreed, that makes it months.

7 minutes ago, PJ71 said:

Why?

Because you are a troll.

8 minutes ago, PJ71 said:

LOL x 1000

When do you think the Russian, on mass, will be back? 

8 minutes ago, PJ71 said:

Correct.

So how long are you saying it will take? 

1 hour ago, Leaver said:

I said years, you disagreed, that makes it months.

Because you are a troll.

When do you think the Russian, on mass, will be back? 

So how long are you saying it will take? 

You appear to be upset about people not agreeing with your doom predictions.

I will stop this discussion as i would not like to upset you further, you appear fragile.

18 minutes ago, PJ71 said:

You appear to be upset about people not agreeing with your doom predictions.

Hardly.

Just asking from what do you base your comments on.

19 minutes ago, PJ71 said:

I will stop this discussion as i would not like to upset you further, you appear fragile.

You stopped even before you started.  ????

9 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

I'm seeing more and more Indians in town, almost ran over one today, you know they like to walk in the road.

Maybe beach road is picking up at night

I agree, spotted a few walking about myself..... in groups of 3 or so, not the larger groups in the middle of the road trying to decide which way to go of the past. 

15 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

I'm seeing more and more Indians in town, almost ran over one today, you know they like to walk in the road.

Maybe beach road is picking up at night

Yeah, I saw some Indians on the baht bus last night. The problem is, they don’t go to the bars much, so no impact on the bar scene from arrivals of Indians.

• 2 weeks later...