How are the bars, restaurants, agogos, massage shops, gentleman clubs and any business doing during covid?

scubascuba3

On 1/2/2022 at 7:17 PM, The Hammer2021 said:

One of many bars closed last week  with sick staff.  foreign  customers are also getting sick which is not surprising.

Most of the foreigners here are retirees.  That's the most at risk age group.  I suspect we will start to see news of covid within the expat community shortly.  

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

Talking of inflation, here's an example, Hungry Hippo Sunday chicken dinner was 99 baht a few months back now 179 baht

Not sure if that's inflation, or just now don't need to discount, since Thailand 'opened up', though may be discounting again, in the not too distant future.

On 1/11/2022 at 1:49 AM, AdamJudd79 said:

Bryan is a zeitgeist and have tailored his the bars to be in compliance with the current laws and regulations. 

Has he tailored his bars to what customers want?  I'm not so sure he has.  

30 minutes ago, aussiexpat said:

I love how the supposed covid infested pool tables become a convenient place to put the 'restaurant' aspect

Remember USA TV program 'The Beverly Hillbillies' and the 'fancy eating table' (snooker table)... darn I am showing my age!

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

When do you suspect we'll start seeing this news?

Next few weeks.  

Well known case of Phil from Le Pub having covid.  Who went to his bar, or who did he have lunch and / or a beer with, 2 weeks ago? 

Given the expat community mainly consists of retirees, the most vulnerable group, and with many of them not being in good health, some may not make it.     

15 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

Comedy gold.

You think mpst of the expat community go to see Phil from Le pub - lol.

Pure quality, pls keep them coming....

Expats socialize with expats.  

Covid will soon be throughout the expat community, perhaps with some not being as lucky as Phil.

Or, do you think farang here are immune?  ????

1 minute ago, Leaver said:

Or, do you think farang here are immune? 

I know a lot of farangs don't go anywhere near downtown Pattaya and are sensible about their movements.

I don't know anyone who know's this idol Phile of yours.

2 minutes ago, Leaver said:

Expats socialize with expats

The expats ( like you ) socialize with bar girls - lol.

Do what if Covid goes through the expat community?? end of the world? very few will require hospital treatment.

Deal with it, things are improving.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

I know a lot of farangs don't go anywhere near downtown Pattaya and are sensible about their movements.

Shouldn't they be living their lives?  Isn't that what you suggested?

47 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

Do what if Covid goes through the expat community?? end of the world? very few will require hospital treatment.

And again, Harry, it's all about that few percent who have a reaction to covid that will need hospitalization.  If that number is greater than the amount of hospital capacity here, what do you think they will do?

49 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

Deal with it, things are improving.

I agree, they are, but Thailand is now entering a new phase in the pandemic, and one that is not about the amount of "cases" but about the amount of hospitalizations.  

6 hours ago, HashBrownHarry said:

Don't let one particular member hear you say that, he's been predicting doom and gloom for Pattaya since before Covid.

Good for you getting back mate, enjoy!

I've had that particular member on banned list for over a year so don't care what he says with his continuous Pattaya is doomed theme. The guy should just leave Pattaya if he keeps predicting the end of the world is coming lol 

• Like 2