How are the bars, restaurants, agogos, massage shops, gentleman clubs and any business doing during covid?

scubascuba3

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/13/2021 at 5:15 PM, scubascuba3 said:

Gentlemen clubs seem to be doing well currently, they aren't my thing but are popular. According to a YouTube video i watched a couple days ago it's worth checking out Heaven, Cameltoe and Kinnaree, all on googlemaps

Three Pattaya  G clubs, two of which you mention closed for covid recently.  Management and staff hospitalalised. Because of their closed, poorly ventilated design it was inevitable. Two new ones have opened but I think its only a matter of time before anti vax  anti mask super spreaders close them..

• Confused 1

12 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Massage shops Klang end of Buakhao and Klang have increased prices from 100 to 150 baht for foot\thai massage.

Various Buakhao covid outbreaks currently, i reckon a lockdown is coming

The rumour is Treetown is rife with covid. It was rammed cheek to jowl when I was there last week

On 9/19/2021 at 12:21 PM, scubascuba3 said:

Sounds like a conspiracy theory. I reckon Walking St agogos start opening up like they did a few months ago.  Mister Egg in one of his recent videos said the licencing problem was exaggerated and only applies to a couple of places. Time will tell but conspiracy theories about the businesses on the sea side being illegal have been around for years

The claustrophobic, investigated nature  of GO Gos  means they can never open again really. The covid disease will become rife  among the staff and dancers. It's already spreading round the bars. Covid is not going away. Go Go bars are not coming back

5 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

Bound to be.

But really if you get no symptoms it's no big deal really, is it?

An incovienience for intl travel tho.

Yes its a big deal with dreadful,  life changing  symptoms for many people. Ask any bar girl, service  staff or waitress if she wants Covid-19.  It's only entitled privileged  white men who are anti mask, anti vax covid deniers here in Pattaya.  Even 'mild' symptons as a mass event cause havoc.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, TaaSaparot said:

The Triangle Bar has had to close, with 6 staff members isolating in hospital.

Good feedback.... one of the first places to open when alcohol was permitted in 'restaurants'.... place hasn't even got a kitchen. It really shines a light on the futility of this SHA approval certificate. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

i reckon a lockdown is coming

Inevitable.  

If they let it rage though the city, uncontrolled, they haven't got the hospital beds and ICU beds for even the small percentage that still get very sick from the disease, despite being vaccinated.

With Christmas and NYE festivities, the numbers will be huge 2 to 3 weeks from now. 

Edited by Leaver

13 minutes ago, James105 said:

Ask any bar girl, service staff or waitress if she wants to be out of work and unable to pay her rent or buy food due to the fears of the biggest bedwetters in society.   It's only the overweight, old white men who generally speaking are financially unaffected by lockdowns who want lockdowns again.   Mild symptoms do not cause havoc, its the over reaction to them that causes the most harm.  

It's a difficult  choice for them but health is the priority. Nobody wants to work and get sick. Service  staff are in more danger of covid  than medical staff. The recent reopening, then infection  then reclosing of bars has been a hard lesson. It's very sad. Go Go bars etc are no longer  safe working environments in the current  situation.  No tightly packed, badly ventilated small spaces such as bar and G clubs can stay open for any length of time before a covid break out, illness, usually very distressing, then closure. That is the pattern until covid is under control. The recent opening of clubs around Pattaya  and Jomtien  was a medical experiment.

25 minutes ago, James105 said:

Ask any bar girl, service staff or waitress if she wants to be out of work and unable to pay her rent or buy food due to the fears of the biggest bedwetters in society.   It's only the overweight, old white men who generally speaking are financially unaffected by lockdowns who want lockdowns again.   Mild symptoms do not cause havoc, its the over reaction to them that causes the most harm.  

Mild symptons are a Facebook and YouTube myth promoted irresponsibly. ICUs do not get filled with people with mild symptoms.

• Confused 2

17 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

I think agogos will be back ASAP, covid will be treated like the common cold eventually as it gets milder. Let's see who is right.

I think a restaurant\bar closure is coming very soon as covid is spreading quickly, maybe 1 weeks time

So you think Go Go bars will open soon but restaurants and bars close? There is no logic to that.

19 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

It's a difficult  choice for them but health is the priority. Nobody wants to work and get sick. Service  staff are in more danger of covid  than medical staff. The recent reopening, then infection  then reclosing of bars has been a hard lesson. It's very sad. Go Go bars etc are no longer  safe working environments in the current  situation.  No tightly packed, badly ventilated small spaces such as bar and G clubs can stay open for any length of time before a covid break out, illness, usually very distressing, then closure. That is the pattern until covid is under control. The recent opening of clubs around Pattaya  and Jomtien  was a medical experiment.

Anyone who is not obese or over 60 has nothing to fear from this milder strain of Covid, especially not if they have received the vaccines.   What they do have to fear is poverty.  You say it is a difficult choice for them but where is their choice in this?  You have a choice not to frequent the bar etc if you are scared, but where is their choice if it is closed down?  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, James105 said:

Anyone who is not obese or over 60 has nothing to fear from this milder strain of Covid, especially not if they have received the vaccines.   What they do have to fear is poverty.  You say it is a difficult choice for them but where is their choice in this?  You have a choice not to frequent the bar etc if you are scared, but where is their choice if it is closed down?  

The bars that closed down recently were riddled with covid mainly sick staff. They were not closed down as part of a general  lockdown.  My take is that as more and more staff get sick with covid there will be insufficient  staff willing to take the risk. Your assertions  that covid is not serious and only dangerous to old people/obese is trite, silly  and innacurate and based on views once commonly held but no longer as it appears the more we learn about covid a lot of the original  assumptions  about covid were not entirely  true.

You omit other pre conditions from cancer to diabetes and many more. But anyway plenty of young fit people are having dreadful, painful frightening  experiences with Covid and its not up to FB and You tube experts to dismiss  their experience casually.  The fact that some people get mild symptons is irrelevant I'm afraid. Gun shot wounds and car crashes don't always kill people but we  seek to avoid them. I do not want bars to shut but they will and if the government  shuts them down I think people will  understand  why this time round. I think your real point is that the government  should do more to ameliorate  the hardship caused by bar closures

Edited by The Hammer2021
  • Like 1

On 12/31/2021 at 11:27 AM, James105 said:

Anyone who is not obese or over 60 has nothing to fear from this milder strain of Covid, especially not if they have received the vaccines.  

Would something like 95% of expat retirees here be over 60 years of age?   Do you have any word of encouragement for them?   ????   

4 hours ago, smedly said:

define sick, there is a bad cold circulating in Pattaya right now

I have read of 2 bars (maybe 3) that have closed due to Covid positives.  I suspect there is a fear of getting tested, but it is an SHA Approval obligation, 

And now the Governor has mandated a negative ATK result required within 72 hours of having a meal...

...World has gone mad, might as well cancel my trip cause I won't be doing a test every 3 days just to go out to eat

https://thepattayanews.com/2022/01/02/chonburi-governor-releases-late-night-updated-orders-around-covid-19-and-food-and-beverage-establishments/

Edited by aussiexpat
  • Like 1

On 12/31/2021 at 10:36 AM, James105 said:

You and hammer should ‘get a room’