Scotland's Sturgeon puts UK on independence warning: We want a referendum soon

webfact

Just now, 2530Ubon said:

Yes but you need to see the full article - In your original post and reference, they said 300,000 voters who were not scottish born MIGHT have voted no - still not enough to overturn the result

I think you have me confused with someone else.

If you wish to read the whole article I suggest you take out a subscription.

Although I do believe they do a free trial if thats any help.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

OK I cant quote the entire article because the mods do not like that however I will post this paragraph. 

Most Scottish-born voters backed leaving the UK in last year’s referendum. The findings from the Scottish Referendum Survey show that Scotland only remained in the Union because of the views of those who were born in other parts of Britain and further afield.

It was the Scottish Parliament that set the ruling for the 2014 Scots Ref, if you are so bothered about only Scots voting why don't you include the Scots that live in the rest of the UK and even the world, it is their future as well, or better still, just get SNP members to vote, you'd be sure to win then Rookie.

7 minutes ago, vogie said:

It was the Scottish Parliament that set the ruling for the 2014 Scots Ref, if you are so bothered about only Scots voting why don't you include the Scots that live in the rest of the UK and even the world, it is their future as well, or better still, just get SNP members to vote, you'd be sure to win then Rookie.

It's a BS argument - the University of Edinburgh (a difficult word to spell btw as it's pronounced a lot differently to it's phonetics) did some research which found that around 300,000 non Scots voted. This is perfectly legit, if they live there and pay taxes why shouldn't they be given a say - it's them and their familys' future too.

As votes are not public information - they are secret ballots - nobody knows for sure which way they may have voted. And again, those 300,000 voters - even if they ALL voted no, still would not have changed the outcome

Edited by 2530Ubon
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, 2530Ubon said:

It's a BS argument - the University of Edinburgh (a difficult word to spell btw as it's pronounced a lot differently to it's phonetics) did some research which found that around 300,000 non Scots voted. This is perfectly legit, if they live there and pay taxes why shouldn't they be given a say - it's them and their familys' future too.

As votes are not public information - they are secret ballots - nobody knows for sure which way they may have voted.

I have no issue with who lives in Scotland voting. Indeed EU citizens living in Scotland were also given a vote in the referendum.

Its an issue for the people living IN Scotland to decide. Regardless of their background.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Liverpoolfan said:

Here they go again....

Didn't they just have one?

Now she doesn't like the result and wants another?

She's almost as bad as the brexit remainers.

You don't always get what you want in a Democracy, Nicola! 

no, the circumstances changed altogether with brexit,

this truly deserves a referendum

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, vogie said:

Some nice straw man there Vogie.

The referendum was open to everyone currently living in Scotland.

Was the EU referendum open to everyone currently living in the UK?

Edited by Rookiescot
Stupidly put anyone rather than everyone.

1 hour ago, RuamRudy said:

Well, there is a sizeable number itching to get shot of the German parasites after Betty pops her clogs. As for the pound, that will be for a transitory period while a Scottish currency is set up. And the EU - we like it. So much so that we overwhelmingly voted to stay in it. 

Well since you,ll be leaving the eu dec 31st,looks like you,ll have to reapply and what with the current situation in catalonia and the basque region cannot see spain allowing you back,giving a whole new meaning to "the spanish archer"

Just now, scammed said:

no, the circumstances changed altogether with brexit,

this truly deserves a referendum

This old chestnut again... any excuse will do. Explain yourself!!!

Why would you want to hop out of one bed, just to sidle into someone elses? Brexit has not even been completed yet, and we don't know what it will look like until a deal or no deal has been finalized.

3 minutes ago, kingdong said:

Well since you,ll be leaving the eu dec 31st,looks like you,ll have to reapply and what with the current situation in catalonia and the basque region cannot see spain allowing you back,giving a whole new meaning to "the spanish archer"

Dont you worry about it. It will not be your problem.

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, 2530Ubon said:

This old chestnut again... any excuse will do. Explain yourself!!!

Why would you want to hop out of one bed, just to sidle into someone elses? Brexit has not even been completed yet, and we don't know what it will look like until a deal or no deal has been finalized.

You know you managed to go from a reasonable person claiming not to be a Brexiteer to this in less than 3 pages.

• Haha 2

33 minutes ago, vogie said:

Where did this poll originate, Angus Robertson? Here is YouGovs

EmoBo77XIAI00dl.png

One swallow does not a summer make.

From the link I added to my previous post, here is a table of the polls of 2020. A total of 20 polls this year  - 2 tied, 2 led by No and 16 by Yes. I must admit to admiring your fortitude if you can look at this with optimism for the future of the union. 

tablee.jpg

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Rookiescot said:

Some nice straw man there Vogie.

The referendum was open to anyone currently living in Scotland.

Was the EU referendum open to anyone currently living in the UK?

It was open to all British citizens living all over the world, unless you had been living away for 15 years or more, which is fair. 

The truth of the matter is that the SNP tried to work it in favour for themselves, should there ever be another referendum, which I very much doubt I hope that Westminster will have some input on the rules and wording on the paper.

BTW, am I off the naughty step now or is it just 'day release'.

7 minutes ago, kingdong said:

You do realise that simply repeating that old canard ad nauseum won't make it any less untrue that it was the first time some desperate yoon raised it, don't you?

Spain won’t block Scottish EU membership

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

Dont you worry about it. It will not be your problem.

Whos worried? ,after 3 and a half years of whingeing and praying for evil to befell the uk you,re going to get some khama,just taken a leaf out of your book and marking your card about whats going to happen to you,

• Like 1

Just now, vogie said:

It was open to all British citizens living all over the world, unless you had been living away for 15 years or more, which is fair. 

The truth of the matter is that the SNP tried to work it in favour for themselves, should there ever be another referendum, which I very much doubt I hope that Westminster will have some input on the rules and wording on the paper.

BTW, am I off the naughty step now or is it just 'day release'.

Its just release day but behave and you might get a furlough ????.

The rules for the last referendum were agreed between the Scottish parliament and Westminster.

Now truth be told it would have suited the Scottish government if EU citizens living in Scotland were prevented from voting. But that was not what was agreed.

The next referendum should have exactly the same rules. Stop trying to game them. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

You do realise that simply repeating that old canard ad nauseum won't make it any less untrue that it was the first time some desperate yoon raised it, don't you?

Spain won’t block Scottish EU membership

Academic,it,ll be just like the election which swept boris to leadership,plenty of drum beating from the remainers but when they looked at the alternative....momentum,sorry corbyn their butt cheeks puckered.anyway in the unlikely event of you gaining your independence lets hope barnier dosen,t punish you as a lesson to the rest of the eu.

11 minutes ago, scammed said:

its a new chestnut.

nobody likes the commie EU, but we still join the fckup

because it is the single biggest trading block in the world,

i too would gnaw off my left hand to get outa UK and into EU

Fair point. Good reasoning. 

15 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

You know you managed to go from a reasonable person claiming not to be a Brexiteer to this in less than 3 pages.

Again, another fair point - I got irritated at something else (the Misses isn't in a good mood and hasn't been all day, we've been moving furniture and things into our new home) and with all the fury of a scorned woman, I typed and I typed without thinking.

I live in Thailand and don't wish to return partly because I saw the travesty of the vote whilst living here, and couldn't face going back to live amoungst the muppets who thought this was a good idea. Plus I'm getting married shortly and she has no wish to live in England.

I have some 'skin in the game' too - all of my family is Scottish - You'll find a lot of my family in Inverness (I've never visited), but I was the first in my family to be born in England. That's partly why i wish the two to remain.

Edited by 2530Ubon
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

One swallow does not a summer make.

From the link I added to my previous post, here is a table of the polls of 2020. A total of 20 polls this year  - 2 tied, 2 led by No and 16 by Yes. I must admit to admiring your fortitude if you can look at this with optimism for the future of the union. 

tablee.jpg

Polls are only of interest to those it favours, it has been shown that they are a load of bunkum, when they start to show a negative to your cause I doubt very much as to whether you'll be as keen to parade them for all of us to peruse . However when asked the question to the poll it might be a lot different when it comes to the actual polling stations.

1 hour ago, Rookiescot said:

Dear God you guys are struggling.

Sorry you are struggling.

You were wrong about "once in a generation" and wrong about low turn out, 

I have proved you wrong on both counts with facts.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, scammed said:

its a new chestnut.

nobody likes the commie EU, but we still join the fckup

because it is the single biggest trading block in the world,

i too would gnaw off my left hand to get outa UK and into EU

Who is stopping you.? 

• Like 1