Covid19 vaccine

17 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

It will be a while before they will allow entries to the country without needing to quarantine after the vaccinations are available. The will wait and see how effective they are.

other countries are talking 3days quarantine with tests if  vaccinated 

• Like 1

I don't think things go from 14 day quarantine, straight to being open for vaccinated people.  Until there is vaccination of at risk people in Thailand, they will not want it spreading.  Out of the vaccinated groups in the tests, some still got it.  There were no serious cases in those groups, but those people could be infectious for a small time window.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Carmine6 said:

I don't think things go from 14 day quarantine, straight to being open for vaccinated people.  Until there is vaccination of at risk people in Thailand, they will not want it spreading.  Out of the vaccinated groups in the tests, some still got it.  There were no serious cases in those groups, but those people could be infectious for a small time window.

And remember they only count symptomatic cases in the trials. People who got it without symptoms and are infectious are not counted. The criteria were designed to convince the public with high percentage effectiveness headline numbers of hastily down trials lacking normal thoroughness. Most people don’t look into the details.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TSF said:

It won't be an overnight complete change from the present requirements to no need to quarantine, it'll be a gradual relaxing of regulations. All indications are that as the vaccines are now rolling out, by mid 2021 we should see the great majority of people around the world vaccinated and significant reductions in global covid cases. As the situation improves, so the regulations will ease. 

It is simply impossible that the great majority of people around the world will have been vaccinated by mid 2021. Look at Thailand. It has announced it will only start vaccinating in May 2021 and has only ordered enough vaccine for less than 20% of its population. What about India, Indonesia, Burma, Vietnam, Cambodia, Africa? Will they do better than Thailand and vaccinate the majority of their populations by mid 2021? No.

Edited by Dogmatix
  • Thanks 1

In the case of the U.K. the vaccine is a two part injection, the second jab 3 weeks after the first so I think you have time to see what effect vaccination will have on travel restrictions .

Plus, as per anfh’s reply no one knows the answer to your question on here and any replies are hearsay .

• Like 2

There is no provision for this at this time.

What will be decided in future is unknown.

Specifically it is unknown if Thai authorities will decide to allow people to enter quarantine free if they have proof of vaccination prior to having immunized the majority of the Thai people.

It will in any case be many months before there are many potential travellers with proof of vaccination. Even from the countries starting first.

Maybe it will depend on the specific vaccine used.!

Please correct me if I'm wrong but as I understand one vaccine prepares the immune system to fight off the infection when infected, thus a person would still be infectious if they got the virus.

Whereas the other vaccine attacks the proteins on the virus rendering it impotent thus disabling it's potential to spread to others.

15 minutes ago, mrfaroukh said:

Wait until all Thai get vaccination then I guess we can go without any vaccination or quarantine as all Thai are vaccinated and safe

They won't be all safe as the vaccine isn't 100% effective. Depending on the rate of the medicine their still will be 3.5 - 7 million people not safe.

11 minutes ago, FritsSikkink said:

They won't be all safe as the vaccine isn't 100% effective. Depending on the rate of the medicine their still will be 3.5 - 7 million people not safe.

And don't forget it's that deadly that at Christmas in England we can mix with any 3 families from anywhere in the country! And people still believe its real! SERIOUSLY!!!!!

• Like 1

23 hours ago, fakser said:

If I receive the vaccine, will I be allowed to enter Thailand without quarantine ?

Probably not before an international vaccine passport or registration has been agreed; and furthermore, as other have mentioned, the vaccines shows to be effective.

11 minutes ago, mick01827 said:

You do realise it hasn't had long term testing, what are the side effects after 5 years? They're not telling you because they don't know!

So the alternative is? We can wait another 5 years: the global death toll, the destruction of economies, the collapse of societies. Vaccines are our only hope of getting out of this hideous mess.

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, TSF said:

It won't be an overnight complete change from the present requirements to no need to quarantine, it'll be a gradual relaxing of regulations. All indications are that as the vaccines are now rolling out, by mid 2021 we should see the great majority of people around the world vaccinated and significant reductions in global covid cases. As the situation improves, so the regulations will ease. 

You got the date wrong. There is no chance of a majority vaccination before 2022. Some countries will be sooner.

3 hours ago, millymoopoo said:

Maybe it will depend on the specific vaccine used.!

Please correct me if I'm wrong but as I understand one vaccine prepares the immune system to fight off the infection when infected, thus a person would still be infectious if they got the virus.

Whereas the other vaccine attacks the proteins on the virus rendering it impotent thus disabling it's potential to spread to others.

You are wrong. There are 51 vaccines currently being researched about 10 are on or passed stage 3 trials. Different vaccines work in different ways, in that you are correct.

There is insufficient data on the possible spread of infection from a vaccinated individual to know if it’s a concern. Each vaccine would need separate trials to determine if it’s a risk. The current data suggests it is not.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Surelynot said:

I think you will at least need a 'recent' negative test result to support the vaccine certificate.....even the best vaccine is only 95%.

Most sensible answer so far. I believe the vaccine being rolled out in the UK today takes up to a month after the 2nd injection to become fully effective. If the airport were to provide Covid test and results at the airport before flying, and certificate states final jab one month prior, I would say that person has not got COVID, is very unlikely to catch or spread it, and is safe to travel anywhere including Thailand without quarantine.

The test and negative result 72 hours before as I have just done and in my 4th day of quarantine, is still not 100%. Apart from catching Covid anywhen within that 72 hour period, from taxi driver on way to airport, bus train etc or an infected traveler at the airport who has  done one of these on-line consultation covid test where a doctor simply calls you and asks if you have any symptoms and for £80 send you a FTF certificate which is what many Thai returnees have done, is just not secure enough. Test literally before you fly is the only sure way of knowing...

• Thanks 1