All the steps for re-entry to Thailand in January

15 minutes ago, pe747 said:

Thanks Peter,

will mail the embassy for this. And my friend is looking with his insurance company for a guaranty 40'000/400'000. If not successful I'll contact you.

Best regards

Hi, I just PM-ed you a guideline document on how to meet the health-insurance requirement when applying for a Non Imm O-A Visa in your home-country.  But in your case, the Embassy seems to also impose it when applying for the Non Imm O Visa for reason of retirement.

I also added info on how to subscribe to the cheapest Thai IO-approved policy in case your regular insurer is not able/willing to fill in the Foreign Insurance Certificate.

Cheers and success for your friend!

9 hours ago, Peter Denis said:

I did PM you a Guideline document on how to meet the mandatory Non Imm O-A compliant health-insurance requirement.  It is relatively easy and not expensive to comply with.

My point is not how to get insurance.  I did that last year when I got my visa at Washington DC embassy.  My question is whether I will be issued a visa even with all correct requirements met???   I don’t want to pay thousands  of non refundable dollars for insurance if US citizens are being denied the OA visas as part of Thai government Covid policy 

44 minutes ago, Marknreston said:

My point is not how to get insurance.  I did that last year when I got my visa at Washington DC embassy.  My question is whether I will be issued a visa even with all correct requirements met???   I don’t want to pay thousands  of non refundable dollars for insurance if US citizens are being denied the OA visas as part of Thai government Covid policy 

Several US citizens have posted on the Forum that they successfully applied for the Non Imm O-A Visa and current CoE requirements.

So you apply for COE and once approved have 15 days to book flight and ASQ.
Does anyone know if there is a limit how far in the future those bookings can be. For example if my COE was approved this week could I book ASQ and flight for February or March 2021?
Or am I getting it all wrong and have to leave within 15 days of COE approval?

As a matter of interest does anyone know whether foreign Permanent Residents are required to hold COVID insurance in the prescribed form when returning to Thailand.From the details I have seen it appears that they are not excluded, but I haven't seen anything specific.

13 minutes ago, jayboy said:

As a matter of interest does anyone know whether foreign Permanent Residents are required to hold COVID insurance in the prescribed form when returning to Thailand.From the details I have seen it appears that they are not excluded, but I haven't seen anything specific.

The $100,000 corvid 19 insurance is required for all certificate of entry applications.

"3.2 A Medical insurance covering all expenditures of medical treatment, including COVID-19, while traveling to Thailand in an amount of at least 100,000 USD (The insurance must cover the whole duration of stay in Thailand)."

Source: https://thaiembdc.org/2020/07/10/visa_coe_forthaipermanentresident/

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

The $100,000 corvid 19 insurance is required for all certificate of entry applications.

"3.2 A Medical insurance covering all expenditures of medical treatment, including COVID-19, while traveling to Thailand in an amount of at least 100,000 USD (The insurance must cover the whole duration of stay in Thailand)."

Source: https://thaiembdc.org/2020/07/10/visa_coe_forthaipermanentresident/

Thanks.It's interesting that the document you quote indicates medical insurance of at least $ 100,000 is required for ALL aspects of medical treatment, not just what is related to COVID-19.Yet the (government approved?) online options provided by Thai insurance companies seem to be restricted to COVID -19 coverage.Therefore at the moment inbound foreigners will need to have additional cover though I suspect most will have this anyway under their regular medical insurance arrangements.What I don't know is the degree of scrutiny involved on arrival.No doubt much will have changed by this time next year so that for most of us hunkered down in Thailand, the matter is somewhat academic.In a year's time I guess there will be a requirement to have been vaccinated against the virus as well as a pre departure all clear check.

23 minutes ago, jayboy said:

Thanks.It's interesting that the document you quote indicates medical insurance of at least $ 100,000 is required for ALL aspects of medical treatment, not just what is related to COVID-19.Yet the (government approved?) online options provided by Thai insurance companies seem to be restricted to COVID -19 coverage.

The wording on the website is not exactly correct. It really means every thing related to a corvid 19 infection.

The insurance sold online on the TGIA site has been accepted without additional insurance.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Reading the answers I am more confused as what order documents have to be submitted. My reading is, 

Apply for a Visa which means sending your Passport to the embassy.

When I receive my passport back I can apply for a COE, this is the part where i am confused. Do I need to submit flight details, ASQ Booking and Health insurance details when applying for the COE .
?

What would concern me I would be paying upfront and I could be refused a COE, I believe the COE is valid for 15 days, how do I go about booking everything when I don’t know when the COE will be valid from and to ? Do I book everything 4/6 weeks in advance and the COE will fall in line with my dates ?

I will be also be applying for a COE for my Thai partner and our 5 year old son and be endeavouring to link all the COEs together. Currently the London Embassy is saying I have to complete 2 separate applications therefore how would they know we are travelling together ?