Anutin dismisses rumour of epidemic, backs plan to sue illegal border crossers

snoop1130

2 hours ago, ronaldo0 said:

Correct . Wife’s father has been in and out of hospital with diabetes and other problems including fever and high temp etc . Not once was he tested or asked about Covid in three hospitals he was in and neither were any patients in his ward area before he was moved to a private room . Took him two days to get in a ward as was that busy first day he arrived and he spent them in the corridor. Three of his elderly neighbours died within a week and two were pretty much perfectly ok a few days before. Wife sent me videos of the hospitals and they were rammed with people , but seemingly this is normal.

Government hospitals are always crammed with people because treatment only costs 30 baht. Different story at private hospitals.

6 minutes ago, terminatorchiangmai said:

selfish, immoral and lacked a sense of responsibility.

Is that not what they learn everyday?

I must be living in some kind of space warp, all the Thais I know are trustworthy. Although I'll agree it's a different story on the roads.

1 hour ago, terminatorchiangmai said:

Is that not what they learn everyday?

I understand where you're coming from but I don't think you can use a 'one size fits all' descriptor on that.

My Mrs was never a government supporter and was generally aware of what's what in Thailand but after spending 2 months in the UK, watching both UK and Thai news - she's much more aware of her country's shortcomings.

1 hour ago, Lacessit said:

I must be living in some kind of space warp, all the Thais I know are trustworthy. Although I'll agree it's a different story on the roads.

sure, no one is perfect but Thai population is (and has to be) very resilient (they have no other choice). So resilient that they can not speak free about all they would like.

They are also very nice and lovely.

But well... the problem with this crazy story time is not Thai population. The facts is that if you do not test, you can said what you want and if all the time you said it is the fault of foreigners, then everybody will understand what does it means.

3 minutes ago, KhaoYai said:

I understand where you're coming from but I don't think you can use a 'one size fits all' descriptor on that.

My Mrs was never a government supporter and was generally aware of what's what in Thailand but after spending 2 months in the UK, watching both UK and Thai news - she's much more aware of her country's shortcomings.

yes, there is positive and negative things everywhere about anything. The world wide problem actually is the kind of fear propaganda and corruption (not only for this actual story).

Also, where ever you live it is always a bad luck to have close to no instruction in this terrible complex and modern world (and there is, in many modern places, only technical skills educated, but no philosophy, no cultural instruction, no world wide history educated... nothing who would make a human free and conscientious).

I'm from a part of the world where intellectuals, after the second war for most of them, was thinking that freedom, growth and peace is coming from wild good level instruction (and not, is not never, for technical skills only, because if you only know technical skills, you become a tool yourself).

World wide now, instruction is falling down, so humans knowledge and conscientious with.

56 minutes ago, Andycoops said:

Do you know how much the Thais returning have in monetary terms?

I would suggest not alot, otherwise they would have gone through the repatriation procedure.

I refer you to my previous post on this thread.

10 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

...and some might even like it as it fits in with their own personality.

There you go again, justifying your own obsessive up-tightedness by accusing anonymous people who you don't agree with of having less social, moral and personal responsibility than you.

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, outsider said:

Below was the TVF news alert I received in my email. Hard to pin it down as a typo, since 'auntie' and 'anutin' require different keypresses. Perhaps an autocorrect function, who knows. Still, Auntie Anutin is actually quite fitting. Auntie Anutin it is, then.

image.png.ae577241beb66afe657713691e25bf45.png

image.png.2ee42239c93f0e254009f520e04d495c.png

Sad.

6 hours ago, ronaldo0 said:

Correct . Wife’s father has been in and out of hospital with diabetes and other problems including fever and high temp etc . Not once was he tested or asked about Covid in three hospitals he was in and neither were any patients in his ward area before he was moved to a private room . Took him two days to get in a ward as was that busy first day he arrived and he spent them in the corridor. Three of his elderly neighbours died within a week and two were pretty much perfectly ok a few days before. Wife sent me videos of the hospitals and they were rammed with people , but seemingly this is normal.

Did/does your father-in-law have Covid?

3 hours ago, Lacessit said:

Government hospitals are always crammed with people because treatment only costs 30 baht. Different story at private hospitals.

You shush now. You can't go shooting down the 'Thailand is hiding Covid' conspiracy theorists with just 17 truthful words?

On 12/8/2020 at 10:56 AM, Thaiwrath said:

Most of these border crossers have not got a pot to p1ss in, so probably a waste of time looking for B20 million in compensation !

And any Thai hiso clients , who would have the cash , will neither be sought , identified , sued or prosecuted.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Natai Beach said:

Here ya go.

https://covid19.ddc.moph.go.th

It is also in the Thai press daily.

They handle this job a lot better than most countries, like most things regarding covid. Every covid case recorded, showing where, the dates, if they have recovered, if they had symptoms etc. eg How many “Total recovered” and “ Active cases” in the UK? The UK won’t tell us.

I am glad he is going to sue these moles, I don’t see any other country  doing the same. It will help to prevent further crossings if they know they will be punished.

Some posters seem to be under the impression that these are poor hookers, they are not. They were making plenty. Their selfishness, laziness and greed (which is typical for girls in this profession) has caused loss to other businesses that were already struggling. 

Once again people will pile on the criticism because Anutin dared to call some farangs dirty for not wearing a free mask he was personally handing out to stop this pandemic during the same month Boris Johnson was going around shaking hands with infected patients in hospitals without washing his hands. 
Frail.

What part of the UK are you staying in exactly ?  Precise covid infections ( National and regional ) are published on a daily and weekly basis respectively.

I simply have to tap the relevant app to get the up to date statistics for my particular london borough.

I might add that the figures in question are a great deal more reliable , because of intense testing , then the wishful guestimates rolled out by Anutin and his cronies.

17 hours ago, simon43 said:

[quote]

As for concern that some 500 Thais may have sneaked across from Laos, he said he believes provincial officials and border security have the situation under control.

[/quote]

Since Laos has had zero Covid deaths and only a few dozen of cases, all imported from other countries, it is Laos who needs to beef up their border security to protect themselves from the dirty Thais......

Do you put the miraculous official Laos statistics down to their world renowned medical facilities or good old fashioned honest , non corrupt governorship ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Natai Beach said:

Two conspiracy theories. Paranoia.

The Thai figures are probably wrong, early cases slipping through the cracks. But that is true with every country. Eg the UK has about 20,000 unexplained excess deaths.

I doubt the Thai missed cases would be anywhere near that figure. I suspect in Europe and the USA they would also be much higher than the Thai figures. But you want to harp on about Thailand when they have done an exceptional job.

It is seems some really want the Thai deaths and infections to be higher just so they can get a gotcha moment on Anutin for saying some farangs are dirty for refusing a mask during a pandemic. 
They will never get over it.

Yesterday 8,000 plus dead in farang countries. Zero in Thailand. I think you are barking up the wrong tree. 

The Uk does NOT have ' 20,000 unexplained excess deaths ' that is a complete fabrication.

Official government covid death figures up to end november correlate almost exactly with the excess death figures ( based on last 5 years average ).

In actual fact there is a very marginal decrease in excess deaths excluding covid fatalities.

18 hours ago, Natai Beach said:

Here ya go.

https://covid19.ddc.moph.go.th

It is also in the Thai press daily.

They handle this job a lot better than most countries, like most things regarding covid. Every covid case recorded, showing where, the dates, if they have recovered, if they had symptoms etc. eg How many “Total recovered” and “ Active cases” in the UK? The UK won’t tell us.

I am glad he is going to sue these moles, I don’t see any other country  doing the same. It will help to prevent further crossings if they know they will be punished.

Some posters seem to be under the impression that these are poor hookers, they are not. They were making plenty. Their selfishness, laziness and greed (which is typical for girls in this profession) has caused loss to other businesses that were already struggling. 

Once again people will pile on the criticism because Anutin dared to call some farangs dirty for not wearing a free mask he was personally handing out to stop this pandemic during the same month Boris Johnson was going around shaking hands with infected patients in hospitals without washing his hands. 
Frail.

Story of my life. I knew better but did it anyway??

7 hours ago, NanLaew said:

There you go again, justifying your own obsessive up-tightedness by accusing anonymous people who you don't agree with of having less social, moral and personal responsibility than you.

I'm not accusing anyone of anything, just suggesting that some people find Thailand appealing to them as there are lower standards which they feel more comfortable with. Nothing wrong with that if it makes them happy.

You, and I think you alone, find something to criticise in almost everything I write, so as you are in a minority of one (or thereabouts) I'll ignore and not respond to any more of your comments.

On 12/8/2020 at 11:48 AM, snoop1130 said:

“They should all be sued. The government also has to take legal action against them, otherwise they will not learn,” he said.

On 12/8/2020 at 11:56 AM, Thaiwrath said:

Most of these border crossers have not got a pot to p1ss in, so probably a waste of time looking for B20 million in compensation !

Sure have money! They go inter na.  Work outside Thailand have money sure. 

• Confused 2
  • Haha 1

On 12/9/2020 at 8:16 AM, simon43 said:

[quote]

As for concern that some 500 Thais may have sneaked across from Laos, he said he believes provincial officials and border security have the situation under control.

[/quote]

Since Laos has had zero Covid deaths and only a few dozen of cases, all imported from other countries, it is Laos who needs to beef up their border security to protect themselves from the dirty Thais......

I know it's all nice, peaceful and comparatively laid back north of the Mekong but believing the Lao government's statistics?

Any of them?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

I'm not accusing anyone of anything, just suggesting that some people find Thailand appealing to them as there are lower standards which they feel more comfortable with. Nothing wrong with that if it makes them happy.

You, and I think you alone, find something to criticise in almost everything I write, so as you are in a minority of one (or thereabouts) I'll ignore and not respond to any more of your comments.

A nice segue from "lower social, moral and personal responsibility" to just "lower standards".

Some people find Thailand a blessed relief from the nanny state back home whilst others feel a bit threatened by the lack of any nannying here. Short of going home, maybe they should just leave the training wheels on their Thai bike?

It's not EVERYTHING you write Barry. You post some good stuff and state your opinions well compared with some. It's a pity if you need the crutch of the 'ignore' button. Surprising actually.

Edited by NanLaew