Hunter Biden says U.S. prosecutor investigating his taxes

webfact

With regard to all the claimed 'evidence' and likewise 'no evidence' concerning Hunter Biden, it seems to me that both sides are playing it slow at the moment, no doubt waiting for the middle of next month. Listening to one channel I got the feeling...hey no one (in business or politics) is that clean...while listening to another I got the feeling surely HB couldn't have been that stupid?????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, TKDfella said:

With regard to all the claimed 'evidence' and likewise 'no evidence' concerning Hunter Biden, it seems to me that both sides are playing it slow at the moment, no doubt waiting for the middle of next month. Listening to one channel I got the feeling...hey no one (in business or politics) is that clean...while listening to another I got the feeling surely HB couldn't have been that stupid?????

Taxes are a difficult thing.  I use to be a tax accountant.  Even returns reviewed by the senior partners could still turn up with negative audits.  The laws are very complex and open to interpretation. 

• Like 1

A post that falsely characterized the Senate Republicans report inquiry on Hunter Biden financial deals as implicating Joe Biden has been removed. The report did not implicate Joe Biden.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/23/us/politics/biden-inquiry-republicans-johnson.html

Also, other posts discussing Trump pardons or prospective pardons have been removed as off-topic. As have several posts making personal comments on other members.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, riclag said:

Reassuring ,hardly ! According to the Politico article this has been pushed around  by other authorities for quite a while,thats is most upsetting! If there was illegalities ,I hope its reported!

That being said, I will only quote what is obvious and not speculate or form a opinion other then the related Politico article. Which by the way  according to mediabiasfactcheck, Politico has  a high overall rating and "High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record".

"The investigation of Hunter Biden has dealt primarily with his financial ties to foreign figures and businesses, according to the person familiar with it. In a standard practice for tax investigations, the Tax Division at Main Justice in Washington has also been involved in the probe, the person said".

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/12/09/justice-department-interest-hunter-biden-taxes-444139

So what? You've posted the same link two times! Let's convict him if he's guilty! No problem for anyone.

20 hours ago, riclag said:

Oh Boy!

"Justice Department’s interest in Hunter Biden covered more than taxes"

"The federal investigation into President-elect Joe Biden’s son Hunter has been more extensive than a statement from Hunter Biden indicates, according to a person with firsthand knowledge of the investigation".

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/12/09/justice-department-interest-hunter-biden-taxes-444139

You ok with anonymous sources now all of a sudden?

• Haha 2

The NY Times is reporting that the money laundering angle that at some point was part of the Hunter Biden inquiry may not have found enough evidence to support prosecution, so the authorities moved onto tax issues instead.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/12/10/us/politics/hunter-biden-investigation.html

The inquiry originally focused on possible money laundering but did not gather enough evidence for a prosecution, according to people close to the case. Instead, it turned to tax matters. The federal government and the city of Washington, D.C., issued liens against Hunter Biden for unpaid taxes but have since released them.

On 12/10/2020 at 2:27 AM, Sujo said:

For what. Have u seen trumps taxes? Just wait.

Their projection and hypocrisy knows no bounds.  It's actually kind of impressive how detached from facts and reality they can be.

I guess it's also why they make some of the best religious followers.  You have to be able to switch your brain completely off to believe in a lot of that as well.

Edited by shdmn
  • Like 2