Netizens go bananas! Hi-So in a Porsche parks in a handicapped bay and does his shopping

webfact

2 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

To be fair have also seen non Hi-So's parking in disabled spots, don't expect any different from Hi-So's, what's that saying, same s... different smell, hmm, maybe not ?

That's true, our outer family dragon (ain't no hi-so) does this all the time, disabled spots, blocks other cars so they can't leave the parking lot, parks in spots marked with rego numbers obviously reserved, across the door of shops making it difficult for people to squeeze past enter/exit the shop. Often parks hard up against food vendors shops/counters, customers can't get access to see the cooked food etc etc. Other family members have scolded her for this many times, just makes her more determined 'I do what I want'. 

Edited by scorecard
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Really, shock  horror, any supermarket anywhere in Thailand , any day of the week, and the reason is very simple, Thais are  lazy, too  lazy to walk even a few  feet, the Hi_so part is  irrelevant, many many Thais do this, Mother and Child  spaces also, nothing more than laziness combined with selfishness.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RJRS1301 said:

He may well have a disabilty, just because he drives a porche, doesnot  mean he does not have a cardaic, respiratory or similar impairment

They wouldn't be classified as impairments to be able to park in a disability parking spot, being selfish, well yes of course. 

Not only parking in a "disabled" bay, but the typical inconsiderate Thai "double parking" blocking one's exit. When I lived in Khon Kaen Province, this was common practice in Central Plaza and at Khon Kaen Airport, numerous times of being blocked in and having to get assistance to move the offending vehicles:-

image.jpeg.7130f710b1c3948085b35314d2e85505.jpeg

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

Reminds me of a real B at my daughters school, parked right across my car to drop off her kid and do whatever else she had to do which took 30 minutes before I saw her return to her car.

The look on my face said it all, but she just looked at the ground as if to say, don't care, but as I have a pretty good memory with numbers, and cars, she was in my black book, I would deliberately wait for the opportunity to repay the favour and one day several weeks later, I did just the same as she did to me, my daughters asked me why we weren't going to the car and I said because dad's gonna buy you both an ice-cream and right on 30 minutes I returned, she was in her car and I could see the steam coming out of her ears.

Revenge is bitter sweet, so I settled the score and didn't even look at her, made sure I took my time adjusting my mirrors and looking around before I proceeded straight, never can be too careful you know....lol

This very same thing just happened to me when collecting my son from School school a few days ago. 

I took a photo (so remember the car), I like your ‘revenge’ idea !

I was stuck waiting for 10mins, not that bad, but still very annoying to have an inconsiderate a$$hat park and block you off because they just don’t care and don’t want to park further away. 

The reality is, at my son’s school, many behave in a similar way as if dropping off and picking up the children supersedes any of the most basic instincts not to impede, impose upon or inconvenience others. 

Unfortunately parents at schools world wide behave just as poorly. 

• Like 2

A post with an off topic video from an unapproved YouTube source has been removed as well as the replies:

18) Social Media content is not to be used as  source material unless it is from a recognized or approved news media source,  the source of any such material (Twitter, Facebook, YouTube  etc.) should always be shown.

Other off topic posts have been removed. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, thaicookingchef said:

no thai has any respect for any other person, you should know by now.

A difficult one to generalise, because obviously many Thai’s do have respect for other people or at least behave respectfully around them. 

As generalisations go, I recently read a good one on this forum:  Thai’s have 3 tiered circles of those around them.

1) Inner-circle - Close family, best friends, close colleagues, seniors they are connected to:

The person is considerate of these people and ‘krieng-Jai’s’ the seniors a lot.

2) Secondary-Circle, friends, acquaintances, people they see daily.

A moderate level of respect is offered, politeness, manners etc

3) Everyone-else around them.

no consideration, general disregard, a so what attitude generally displayed. 

4) Everyone else in the world? who else in the world ???? out of sight, out of mind, there is no one else in the world, or no one else on the consciousness of that person - hence just the 3 circles !!!! 

This 3 tiered circles could be a applied to the vast majority of people worldwide - it's just human nature, or perhaps Thai’s don’t reflect on human nature so much and rather live in the now than the everything else and don’t worry or think to much about those things they have no influence over, thus tend to come across in a somewhat ignorant manner sometimes. 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Meat Pie 47 said:
7 hours ago, HappyinNE said:

Or use a key!

A coin is also effective

Those advocating the use of a key, a coin, paint stripper (has brake fluid been suggested yet?)... what do you escalate to when someone directly upsets you ?????  shiv ‘em ?

Particularly in Thailand, how can one tell is a person is disabled and needs the use of a disabled parking space. 

I have a friend, he's in his 30’s, had a pulmonary embolism, damaged lungs, encounters difficult breathing going up stairs etc, gets out of breath walking 50 meters, he looks perfectly normal. 

Would you ‘damage’ his BMW M3 ???

Especially in Thailand, who gets to decide who can and can't park in the spaces designated for disabled drivers?

They also have ‘parent and child’ parking in some shopping malls. Its better for those with particularly young kids etc or those who need wider door access to get the bassinet child seat out of the door. I used to use them when my son was in a basinet child seat, now my son is older, I don’t use them because we don’t need to. 

Ultimately, for those self-centred, selfish, tools, a$$hats and complete and total @£nkers - social media is the perfect tool of embarrassment. The only issue there is the defamation laws. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Burma Bill said:

Not only parking in a "disabled" bay, but the typical inconsiderate Thai "double parking" blocking one's exit. When I lived in Khon Kaen Province, this was common practice in Central Plaza and at Khon Kaen Airport, numerous times of being blocked in and having to get assistance to move the offending vehicles:-

image.jpeg.7130f710b1c3948085b35314d2e85505.jpeg

This is neither inconsiderate nor lazy, it is actually quite a smart way of utilising space, and not uncommon.  It is inconsiderate when they leave the handbrake on - and you could argue it is inconsiderate where there are "normal" spaces still available - but really it is quite effective.    All car parks, shopping malls, airports have security guards or attendants who are only too happy to help move the cars if you can't.

In many Eastern European countries this was very common (maybe still is?  Dunno) only they would leave their handbrake on (to keep the car from rolling) but leave the doors unlocked, so you could open the door, release the handbrake, push it.

Edited by josephbloggs

2 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

A difficult one to generalise, because obviously many Thai’s do have respect for other people or at least behave respectfully around them. 

As generalisations go, I recently read a good one on this forum:  Thai’s have 3 tiered circles of those around them.

1) Inner-circle - Close family, best friends, close colleagues, seniors they are connected to:

The person is considerate of these people and ‘krieng-Jai’s’ the seniors a lot.

2) Secondary-Circle, friends, acquaintances, people they see daily.

A moderate level of respect is offered, politeness, manners etc

3) Everyone-else around them.

no consideration, general disregard, a so what attitude generally displayed. 

4) Everyone else in the world? who else in the world ???? out of sight, out of mind, there is no one else in the world, or no one else on the consciousness of that person - hence just the 3 circles !!!! 

This 3 tiered circles could be a applied to the vast majority of people worldwide - it's just human nature, or perhaps Thai’s don’t reflect on human nature so much and rather live in the now than the everything else and don’t worry or think to much about those things they have no influence over, thus tend to come across in a somewhat ignorant manner sometimes. 

no ! they just pay respect when they go to temple. But most of them are just selfish dixx outside temples !

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

Those advocating the use of a key, a coin, paint stripper (has brake fluid been suggested yet?)... what do you escalate to when someone directly upsets you ?????  shiv ‘em ?

I make sure to wear my hat, my sunglasses and my mask, then I check that there are no camera around,  then I do the job...

it always work well, I have never been caught until now !

• Haha 1