After the White House, Trump faces uncertain future and legal threats

webfact

23 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

Actually, politicians shouldn't lie, nor should diplomats. That's where their skills should be - presenting the truth in different ways; but not outright lies particularly about their and their families and friends honesty and activities.

But, in your world, where lies are acceptable if they're only small ones, who decides what's small and what's big? What's acceptable and what's not?

Some seem to say that politicians they agree with can tell lies, especially if it furthers the cause! Fits in with their do as we say not as we do personas. 

My world huh? How about the real world? 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, GrandPapillon said:

nobody said Trump is clean or never lied, not sure why would anyone think that

the point is Trump make it blatant and it's obvious when he is lying, and it's just rhetoric, not an academic exercise for truth on his part

at least he is not pretending like so many leaders do, and that makes him "honest" intellectually

that's what his voters and supporters value most, authenticity and intellectual "honesty", he means what he says, even if he might be wrong about he says.

Americans were very lucky to have Trump during Covid, he managed that like a champ, he knew nothing he could do could stop the spreading of the disease, and now European leaders are finding out that despite all their population sacrifices, it never stop the spreading of covid

Yeah, Trump is quite open with his lies.  It happens every time he opens his mouth.  Sad you are OK with a leader like that.

Lucky during covid to have Trump?  It's been determined he's probably responsible for some 50,000 deaths.  Probably more.  He should be tried and jaild.  Stunning you don't know this.  What's your source for news?

Here's a guy who knows Trump better than almost anyone. 

https://thehill.com/homenews/news/521507-john-kelly-called-trump-the-most-flawed-person-hes-ever-met-report

John Kelly called Trump 'the most flawed person' he's ever met: report

"The depths of his dishonesty is just astounding to me. The dishonesty, the transactional nature of every relationship, though it's more pathetic than anything else. He is the most flawed person I have ever met in my life," Kelly has told friends, the outlet reported.

11 minutes ago, GrandPapillon said:

Trump didn't kill 50,000 people, this is ridiculous to make those kinds of claims

You can twist any experts logic to fit a political agenda, the truth is nothing he could do could change the spreading of the virus

European leaders are only finding out now that all their "great" efforts approved by some "medical experts" were all in vain,

Trump knew that the Chinese virus was unbeatable, you have to be seriously delusional to think that you could stop it with a simple lockdown or a complete shutdown of the economy. Even the Chinese failed at that, despite being a full dictatorship.

BS. Trump mislead you on purpose.  I reference others as many of us knew the truth and accepted the science.  Not the political propaganda.

So, he lied about it, down played masks/social distancing, etc, and yes, that makes him responsible.  He is the president.  The buck stops there.  It's been suggested an early mask mandate, like the one we had here, would have saved over 50,000 lives.  I'm sure that's up to 100,000 lives now.

If Trump knew the virus was unbeatable, why did he say otherwise?

The Chinese succeed in their shutdown.  They're operating at full steam, the US is barely walking.  So, who did better?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

BS. Trump mislead you on purpose.  I reference others as many of us knew the truth and accepted the science.  Not the political propaganda.

So, he lied about it, down played masks/social distancing, etc, and yes, that makes him responsible.  He is the president.  The buck stops there.  It's been suggested an early mask mandate, like the one we had here, would have saved over 50,000 lives.  I'm sure that's up to 100,000 lives now.

If Trump knew the virus was unbeatable, why did he say otherwise?

The Chinese succeed in their shutdown.  They're operating at full steam, the US is barely walking.  So, who did better?

I think you are being easily misinformed with fake news,

the science is not unanimous on covid, as it should (science is about questioning, not unanimous answer),  there is only interpretation of the science by "experts", so they all have different opinions. Trump chose not to follow the "official" one, and he is perfectly entitled to that, he takes the "political" decision, not science or the experts. And he was right. You or others might not agree with his decision, but it's irrelevant.

The Chinese are having a third wave, so is South Korea and Thailand. There is no stopping to it. You can't take officially what the Chinese are saying, they lied for months about their numbers, and now you want to believe them that they have everything "in control"? they don't, hence why nobody can enter or leave the country, unless they have a very good reason.

Edited by GrandPapillon
  • Sad 5
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

Come on.  You really need a better source for your news.  Trump could have admitted the virus was deadly, instead of lie about it.  Remember when he called it a dem hoax just to make him look bad?

You were saying Jeff, about others needing a better source for their news, yet....

"Despite creating some confusion with his remarks, Trump did not call the coronavirus itself a hoax."

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/trump-coronavirus-rally-remark/

• Like 1